• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you remember Jesus or the apostles arguing with trolls? No.

it's just me

Non Bidenary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

The only spirit I believe in is johnny walker.

So why isn’t this thread in theology? Just a Bible quote. Nothing more.

what in the hell?

Jesus and the apostles had to argue with TONS of people to the point where Jesus was eventually killed and his followers went on the run.

wow

4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
What specific answer to the test do you look for. The “test” is somewhat vague. Have you ever tried it out?

what in the hell?

Jesus and the apostles had to argue with TONS of people to the point where Jesus was eventually killed and his followers went on the run.

wow

Do you mean the Jesus who said "don't cast your pearls before swine"?

i'm speaking of the Jesus who was fighting against the established religions at that time.

he/they were under huge pressure and massive scrutiny and thought of as blasphemous.

i'm speaking of the Jesus who was fighting against the established religions at that time.

he/they were under huge pressure and massive scrutiny and thought of as blasphemous.

What "religions"? The only one I remember were the Jews.

He also had thousands (or tens of thousands) of followers.

What "religions"? The only one I remember were the Jews.

He also had thousands (or tens of thousands) of followers.
hang on.

are you arguing that what Jesus and his followers did was all peachy and easy and they didn't have to fight things worse than "trolls"?

hang on.

are you arguing that what Jesus and his followers did was all peachy and easy and they didn't have to fight things worse than "trolls"?

Maybe you should try reading the NT instead of arguing about it.

Maybe you should try reading the NT instead of arguing about it.

"Should we pay tax to the Romans?" <<--- trolling

"Whose image is on this coin?" <<--- putting a troll in his place

Jesus had detractors! Usually, the Pharisees!
He was also being "provoked" into saying what they wanted Him to say! They wanted a reaction from Him. That's, "trolling."
Didn't they criticize Him for eating with sinners? For not washing hands before eating?

Matthew 15
15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,

2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

Look how long His response is! It's half the Chapter! :ROFLMAO:

He also confronted them!

Matthew 23: Seven Woes on the Teachers of the Law and the Pharisees

He also listened to them, though.

John 3
Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

AND, HE WARNED THEM! He warned them of the eternal consequence.

Matthew 25: 31-46

But most importantly - HE FORGAVE THEM!
He knew they needed a Saviour.

Luke 23
34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Because of His sacrifice - the trolls we encounter today, can be saved too.

Last edited:

I understand what you mean. However, it is different in forums such as this.

I speak for myself.
I don't aim to convert the usual scoffers we encounter in forums (they're usually the same old regular posters).
As far as I'm concern - they work for the devil. You could see it in some of the more vicious insults they aim at God.
I'm not kidding when I said before that I wonder if one or two of them are actual demons pounding away at the keyboard!
Lol - after all, they're anonymous, right?

It's those silent viewers, and those who are truly seeking truth, and the confused brothers and sisters whose faith is being eroded ..........
............... that I aim to reach.

Forums are a different kind of "arena."

Last edited:
What specific answer to the test do you look for. The “test” is somewhat vague. Have you ever tried it out?
If the entity you are speaking to is a lying spirit of the Devil and his army, extend your hand out to shake their hands. If they are an evil spirit, they will try to deceive you by trying to shake your hand. But, because they are spirit bodies, their hand will go right through yours. This you will know they are lying spirits.

If the entity you are speaking to is a lying spirit of the Devil and his army, extend your hand out to shake their hands. If they are an evil spirit, they will try to deceive you by trying to shake your hand. But, because they are spirit bodies, their hand will go right through yours. This you will know they are lying spirits.
Sounds like a spirit of stupidity. They're easy to spot.

Sounds like a spirit of stupidity. They're easy to spot.
May I extend my hand of fellowship to you and you will see there is no deception as you will be able to feel my handshake. By the way, a righteous spirit would not extend their hand to deceive. And, that is how you can determine whether the spirit is of God or of the Devil.

May I extend my hand of fellowship to you and you will see there is no deception as you will be able to feel my handshake. By the way, a righteous spirit would not extend their hand to deceive. And, that is how you can determine whether the spirit is of God or of the Devil.
We've already been fellowshipping. Sharing.

Back
Top Bottom