• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Recognize This Ring?

Do You Recognize This Ring?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
x-ring-supply.jpg

Is this design familiar to you? I just wanted to know how many non-Canadians recognize this ring even if you do not know what it is actually from. The Gold X-ring is the ring that graduates from St. Francis-Xavier University (A Canadian Harvard with many notable political and business graduates) can opt to get one and 95% do. The reason I want to know is I want to go to this university and I know in Canada it is well known among the business and political worlds but I don't know about outside Canada.

Thought it might be the family crest for a historically illiterate family. :mrgreen:

x-ring-supply.jpg

Is this design familiar to you? I just wanted to know how many non-Canadians recognize this ring even if you do not know what it is actually from. The Gold X-ring is the ring that graduates from St. Francis-Xavier University (A Canadian Harvard with many notable political and business graduates) can opt to get one and 95% do. The reason I want to know is I want to go to this university and I know in Canada it is well known among the business and political worlds but I don't know about outside Canada.

What? Why? Who cares if Americans recognize it - I wouldn't recognize it even if it was the ring to the US's #1 school (whatever that is - Harvard?)

People generally don't know about St. Francis-Xavier in the US, at least not in my experience. I knew a girl from prep school who went there. She also described it as "the Harvard of Canada." When I repeated that quote to my father (a Columbia graduate) he responded with a wry smile, and the following statement: "There's only one Harvard. There's a reason no one calls it the St. Francis-Xavier of the US."

I'm sure it's a good school, but it's probably not going to get you a whole lot of respect in the US. Certainly no more so than any number of other schools.

What jumped into my mind...

XavierSchool1.jpg

ProfXavier.jpg

I just figured it was the ring that always marks the spot.

Please tell me at least one of their sports teams is called the X-Men.

x-ring-supply.jpg

Damned Canadians. There's a big "X" on the top of the ring then a "20" on the side. Everybody knows that 20 is "XX".

x-ring-supply.jpg

I've heard of the school... I think, or at least the saint it's named after. I can't say that I've ever seen the ring before.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the giant "X" design on it.

x-ring-supply.jpg

Didn't recognize the ring but I have heard of St. Francis Xavier. I know the school has a very good academic reputation but not how influential the degree would be inside the U.S.

Wish I had a better answer for you. But I say if you like the school go for it.

x-ring-supply.jpg

Into this ring, does the graduate pour his/her cruelty, malice and will to dominate all life?

Looks like something one would find in a Swiss vault containing Nazi spoils.

Thought it might be the family crest for a historically illiterate family. :mrgreen:

LOL awesome.

Observer - go, and get the ring, if for no other reason than this. When you punch someone in the face, that "X" will leave it's mark on the face.

this reminds me of our X cotton :mrgreen:

Didn't recognize the ring but I have heard of St. Francis Xavier. I know the school has a very good academic reputation but not how influential the degree would be inside the U.S.

Wish I had a better answer for you. But I say if you like the school go for it.

I don't want to go to the U.S. (I don't want to live in the U.S.) with it I want to go to Australia this was just to see if people outside of Canada know what it is.

LOL awesome.

Observer - go, and get the ring, if for no other reason than this. When you punch someone in the face, that "X" will leave it's mark on the face.

If you ever seen the "New Cowboy On The Block" episode of King of the Hill you would know that is a bad idea.

I don't want to go to the U.S. (I don't want to live in the U.S.) with it I want to go to Australia this was just to see if people outside of Canada know what it is.
Fair enough. I have heard of it.

Fair enough. I have heard of it.

Here that ring and university can get you connections in government and business here and I'm trying to decide whether I should stay and Canada and possibly reap those benefits or leave and got to place that is much nicer (weather wise and tax wise) but have no connections.

Here that ring and university can get you connections in government and business here and I'm trying to decide whether I should stay and Canada and possibly reap those benefits or leave and got to place that is much nicer (weather wise and tax wise) but have no connections.
If you move you'll have to network, that's just life. Keep in mind that even with a degree you'll have to network, meet people, and are competing with others for work.

x-ring-supply.jpg

Iam a big fan of rings, kind of on a stainless steel kick right now.
That is bad ass, if I was a grad from there. I would have one for sure.

x-ring-supply.jpg

I didn't recognize the ring, and I've never heard of the school. Unless someone has a specific reason to know about it, no one from outside Canada is likely to know anything about St Francis-Xavier University.

Damn, I thought for sure I'd come into this thread and find at least 2 or 3 Lord of the Rings references.

Then you should have gone to a school in Australia. Now you're going to have to spend all your time in Australia telling more uncaring people that your school really was a big deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom