• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Really Want to Save America?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Do you want to worry about a national emergency?

Then forget the steel wall and read the Steele Dossier.

As we noted, our interest is in assessing the Steele dossier as a raw intelligence document, not a finished piece of analysis. The Mueller investigation has clearly produced public records that confirm pieces of the dossier. And even where the details are not exact, the general thrust of Steele’s reporting seems credible in light of what we now know about extensive contacts between numerous individuals associated with the Trump campaign and Russian government officials.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-dossier-retrospective

That threat is for real. The wall is bull****.

"Seems Credible" after years of investigation by the full weight of the American government is not good enough by long shot......The charges need to be proven if they are to be taken seriously, they should have been proven/disproved long ago, so they should be ignored now.

"And even where the details are not exact, the general thrust "

That sounds quite similar to Bimbo-Dancer's thought process...facts don't matter, morality is what matters.

btw, that dossier is NOTHING like a 302. A 302 identifies everyone involved in the conversation. Steele identified NONE of his sources. The people who were identified in a 302 can be interviewed again. Nobody can talk to Steele's sources.

In any case, Lawfare is just about the LEAST credible source to go to if you want someone to tell you what to think. Numerous DOJ and FBI pukes who got fired/resigned/retired have gone to work for them. Hell, you might as well believe what the corrupt Obama administration tells you.

Last edited:
"And even where the details are not exact, the general thrust "

That sounds quite similar to Bimbo-Dancer's thought process...facts don't matter, morality is what matters.

Once upon a time, way back when I was on active duty, I attended a qualification course that involved training on working with the CIA.

One of the classes was on undermining the functions of a targeted foreign government, and one instructor taught about disinformation tactics.

I recall the class on planting a false story to undermine faith in any targeted government official. It involved creating a very damaging documentary lie, then adding a salting of innocuous "truths" to give the impression IF that was true THEN the lie was also likely true even if no actual supporting facts were presented.

I think I mentioned something like this in a post back in 2016 or 17 when the Steel Dossier was brought up, but I can't find it via search.

In any case the point still stands. Just because one or more otherwise innocuous "facts" appear in the Steele Dossier, that does not make the UNSUBSTANTIATED allegations true.

Last edited:
"Seems Credible" after years of investigation by the full weight of the American government is not good enough by long shot......The charges need to be proven if they are to be taken seriously, they should have been proven/disproved long ago, so they should be ignored now.

I guess you missed yesterday’s Paul Manafort news: they’ve had proof of Russian collusion since day-one. Not that this is a surprise.

Once upon a time, way back when I was on active duty, I attended a qualification course that involved training on working with the CIA.

One of the classes was on undermining the functions of a targeted foreign government, and one instructor taught about disinformation tactics.

I recall the class on planting a false story to undermine faith in any targeted government official. It involved creating a very damaging documentary lie, then adding a salting of innocuous "truths" to give the impression IF that was true THEN the lie was also likely true even if no actual supporting facts were presented.

I think I mentioned something like this in a post back in 2016 or 17 when the Steel Dossier was brought up, but I can't find it via search.

In any case the point still stands. Just because one or more otherwise innocuous "facts" appear in the Steele Dossier, that does not make the UNSUBSTANTIATED allegations true.
30 indictments and nearly 10 convictions is hardly “unsubstantiated allegations,” CA. But, that crap Trump mumbled about the border last night certainly is.

30 indictments and nearly 10 convictions is hardly “unsubstantiated allegations,” CA. But, that crap Trump mumbled about the border last night certainly is.

NONE of which involved any allegations made in the Steele Dossier. Nor does your opinion on his Oval Office speech.

NONE of which involved any allegations made in the Steele Dossier. Nor does your opinion on his Oval Office speech.

That’s not true. And you know it. But I suspect you’ll deny that the Dossier opened the worm can.

America probably does need saving, saving from the ultra extreme left of the Democratic Party and from the ultra extreme right of the Republican Party. We need saving from the fringes of both major parties. We need a party to represent Middle America, America as a whole instead of the wacko left and right. But it ain't gonna happen until one party or the other leads this nation to destruction. Common sense and all the adults have departed Washington D.C.

This wall and the shutdown is purely, 100% asinine. Those looking out for the good of America as a whole would have reached a compromise long ago. If Reagan and Tip O'Neal could reach a compromise almost every year of Reagan's presidency over SDI, so too could party leaders who put the country first. Not their political party and their fringe base.

America probably does need saving, saving from the ultra extreme left of the Democratic Party and from the ultra extreme right of the Republican Party. We need saving from the fringes of both major parties. We need a party to represent Middle America, America as a whole instead of the wacko left and right. But it ain't gonna happen until one party or the other leads this nation to destruction. Common sense and all the adults have departed Washington D.C.

This wall and the shutdown is purely, 100% asinine. Those looking out for the good of America as a whole would have reached a compromise long ago. If Reagan and Tip O'Neal could reach a compromise almost every year of Reagan's presidency over SDI, so too could party leaders who put the country first. Not their political party and their fringe base.

The problem is the extreme Right is running the GOP. At least, it is for now. I doubt it lasts. And, that is the best thing that one can say about DJT. He drove a stake through the credibility of anyone on his side.

Back
Top Bottom