• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you really need that? [W:99]

Explain our duty to militias.
I have no duty to join a militia in the even of civil or social breakdown in this country. Or even pick up arms to fight off an invasion of any force.
I may gather family and ride it out in the swamps living off the land. Which is probably what we would do if we could blow town easy enough.
I am not throwing in with a bunch of hicks with guns that will kill me and mine for what we have.

You need to have firearms and be trained with them. As a freeman you do have duty to the militia, for it is ultimately the well organized militia that enables the free state. Running like a Frenchman is how you lose your freedom.

You need to have firearms and be trained with them. As a freeman you do have duty to the militia, for it is ultimately the well organized militia that enables the free state. Running like a Frenchman is how you lose your freedom.
That is not an explaination of duty. That sounds more like illogical fallacy of being able to beat back an invading force at the drop of the hat that overran our military.
Or to fight our military mano a mano.
I am armed and I am trained, but my duty is to my family. I have over 3K rounds of ammo in battle rifle calibers.
That would last a week or less in a continued firefight. Then it would be to hand guns for another 2K rounds.
Against a force with billions of rounds and thousands if not hundreds of thousands of fighters.
Training means you train to win. Not die, but put in a good effort.

That is not an explaination of duty. That sounds more like illogical fallacy of being able to beat back an invading force at the drop of the hat that overran our military.
Or to fight our military mano a mano.
I am armed and I am trained, but my duty is to my family. I have over 3K rounds of ammo in battle rifle calibers.
That would last a week or less in a continued firefight. Then it would be to hand guns for another 2K rounds.
Against a force with billions of rounds and thousands if not hundreds of thousands of fighters.
Training means you train to win. Not die, but put in a good effort.

Perchance, but the militia is the key to a free state, and we need to be able to utilize and call it up should the need arise. And the the interim the lot of us need to be prepared to join militia service should it be necessary. Training to win, not to die, is just a nice little platitude. Wars and armed conflict consumes life on both sides, no one side will ever escape without casualty. So that aside, one trains to resist should resistance be necessary. One trains to protect, should protection be necessary.

Perchance, but the militia is the key to a free state, and we need to be able to utilize and call it up should the need arise. And the the interim the lot of us need to be prepared to join militia service should it be necessary. Training to win, not to die, is just a nice little platitude. Wars and armed conflict consumes life on both sides, no one side will ever escape without casualty. So that aside, one trains to resist should resistance be necessary. One trains to protect, should protection be necessary.
Who would call it up?
Who you training with? Who is offering such training? Is that training, training to fight the US? Thats called treason.
And protecting? I will protect my family at the drop of the hat, kill or die for them in a blink. But for some bozo that didnt train, didnt arm, didnt protect him and his? No effin' way.
At that point its every many for himself, until those of us that have armed can gather and mount a defensive hold or an offensive attack.
There are those of us in our family that are prepared, many are not. The nots will have to play catch up on their own. But they are also the type that will just follow orders from the next government formed and not have a care in the world as long as football gets played and the lotto keeps rolling along.

Who would call it up?

It's more of an aggregate effect I imagine. With luck no one has to call it up.

Who you training with? Who is offering such training? Is that training, training to fight the US? Thats called treason.

Firearms and the like. And not to fight the US specifically, just because it's good sometimes to be prepared.

And protecting? I will protect my family at the drop of the hat, kill or die for them in a blink. But for some bozo that didnt train, didnt arm, didnt protect him and his? No effin' way.

Most in the militia would be armed, trained, and in the process of protecting themselves and their families, so I suppose you have no quarrels then.

At that point its every many for himself, until those of us that have armed can gather and mount a defensive hold or an offensive attack.
There are those of us in our family that are prepared, many are not. The nots will have to play catch up on their own. But they are also the type that will just follow orders from the next government formed and not have a care in the world as long as football gets played and the lotto keeps rolling along.

Meh, it's not always zombie invasion, and under certain circumstances throwing people under the bus will just cause your bus to break down faster.

and under certain circumstances throwing people under the bus will just cause your bus to break down faster.
Thats a good one. Need to remember that.
Sans Zombie apocolypse, what will we actually need a militia for?
You really think the US government will blow a gasket and come after us?
You think that there is some outside entity, ala Red Dawn, that will drop out of the sky?
Aliens?
Funny, the world has gotten smaller and information comes faster than ever. Yet we are all worried about being caught off guard.
That someone like Obama is going to unleash million of troops on us one day just for kicks. Trust me, I hate Obama's policies, but I dont think even he is that dumb.
China coming? Doubt it, they have a billion people under their thumb already. They are making money on us hand over fist, that would be the ulitmate killing the goose that laid the golden egg.
NK? Pffffft.
No, we will do our selves in from within.
Some group of idiots will take up arms against some other group of idiots and spark off something that cant be canned back up and our military will get involved.
Then people like you and me will just be collateral damage if we get in the way.

Back
Top Bottom