• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you prefer Statement A or Statement B (read the post before voting)

I prefer

• Statement A

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Statement B

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

ksu_aviator

Democrats are the fascists
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This is a simple poll, do you like Statement A or B?

A - I mourn for the officers shot while doing their sacred duty to protect peaceful protesters, for their families, and all who serve with them.

B -
Last night’s horrific execution-style shootings of 12 Dallas law enforcement officers – five of whom were killed and seven wounded- is an attack on our country. It is a coordinated, premeditated assault on the men and women who keep us safe. We must restore law and order. We must restore the confidence of our people to be safe and secure in their homes and on the street.
The senseless, tragic deaths of two people in Louisiana and Minnesota reminds us how much more needs to be done. This morning I offer my thoughts and prayers for all of the victims’ families, and we pray for our brave police officers and first responders who risk their lives to protect us every single day. Our nation has become too divided. Too many Americans feel like they’ve lost hope. Crime is harming too many citizens. Racial tensions have gotten worse, not better. This isn’t the American Dream we all want for our children. This is a time, perhaps more than ever, for strong leadership, love and compassion. We will pull through these tragedies.

Multiple choices are possible.

I prefer adequately sized fonts.

A - I mourn for the officers shot while doing their sacred duty to protect peaceful protesters, for their families, and all who serve with them.

B -
Last night’s horrific execution-style shootings of 12 Dallas law enforcement officers – five of whom were killed and seven wounded- is an attack on our country. It is a coordinated, premeditated assault on the men and women who keep us safe. We must restore law and order. We must restore the confidence of our people to be safe and secure in their homes and on the street.
The senseless, tragic deaths of two people in Louisiana and Minnesota reminds us how much more needs to be done. This morning I offer my thoughts and prayers for all of the victims’ families, and we pray for our brave police officers and first responders who risk their lives to protect us every single day. Our nation has become too divided. Too many Americans feel like they’ve lost hope. Crime is harming too many citizens. Racial tensions have gotten worse, not better. This isn’t the American Dream we all want for our children. This is a time, perhaps more than ever, for strong leadership, love and compassion. We will pull through these tragedies.

I guess it depends on who or what is issuing the statement.

Statement A is very clinical and robotic. Somewhat of an obvious platitude one would expect to hear or read from an emotionless bureaucrat or institution after any tragic event.

Statement B seems very genuine and heartfelt. An attempt to reach out and quiet all emotions with rational words of sorrow and hope.

Last edited:
Putting 180 words up against 24 is not a fair fight.

I obstain.

A.

Option B is, as often as not, followed by pushes for newer, even more draconian, invasive, and expensive laws.

B -

I like them both equally. :shrug: What is said and how its said is entirely dependent on who says it. Choice A: Could be coming from someone who is shy, a short talker, too emotional to fully express themselves, people that believe "short and sweet" is a way of life, and a myriad other things positive. Same goes for Choice B only with people that are more talkative.

In the end, both have the same meaning.

Hmmm, my "hidden agenda" sense is tingling.

B -

you do realize that some of us are getting OLDER right

if you want us to respond to your query, it would be nice if we could READ it

you do realize that some of us are getting OLDER right

if you want us to respond to your query, it would be nice if we could READ it

What? you do realize that the font in the quote is almost twice as big as the font you replied with?

B -

I like some parts of B more than A, I like some parts of B less than A.

I selected one from Column A, one from Column B, and two spring rolls.

B -

So I did as you asked, voted B, then looked up the person it's attributed to.

Trump. Huh. Color me surprised that he said something cogent. (A is Hillary -- don't hate it, but it's fairly generic.)

Still think Trump would be a god-awful choice of president and would fulfil exactly none of the things he advocates in his statement. Anyone can put together a nice statement -- that doesn't mean anything about how they'll perform. That's what conservatives kept saying about Obama during his campaigns, is it not?

Last edited:
I feel that certain "scared of black men" police should be weeded off all le duties.. also the guy that shot / killed the police in Dallas ruined everything for black men in this country but "he did get justice served to him.... he is dead now " most blacks always get justice served to them if they break the law. 99 percent of black people are normal citizens and 99 percent of police are normal people too. blacks just get the shorter end of it. whats really bad is that innocent good police get killed and innocent good blacks get killed. both side of the coin

A.

Option B is, as often as not, followed by pushes for newer, even more draconian, invasive, and expensive laws.

That was my thought, exactly...plus B made assumptions about the shootings in LA and MN that I don't know are yet justified.

K.I.S.S.

I don't morn and I certainly won't pray (like that would do any good). So neither statement.

Do something pragmatic or expect more of the same.

I don't morn and I certainly won't pray (like that would do any good). So neither statement.

Do something pragmatic or expect more of the same.
So, what would your "pragmatic" approach be to solving humanity's violent nature? This should be good......

I voted for neither. A, while true is too brief. I think B might have been Obama's speech.

So, what would your "pragmatic" approach be to solving humanity's violent nature? This should be good......

I don't know. Why don't you ask me how to make a hydrogen bomb...I don't know the answer to that either. Doesn't mean no body can know. Ask the experts. If there is no pragmatic approach then we are screwed and situation will continue on it's uncontrolled chaotic path.

Last edited:
I don't know. Why don't you ask me how to make a hydrogen bomb...I don't know the answer to that either. Doesn't mean no body can know. Ask the experts. If there is no pragmatic approach then we are screwed and situation will continue on it's uncontrolled randomized path.
The "experts" have been running things thus far. And yes....we are screwed.......sadly the world is a broken place. It seems that in many ways, as a species, that while our technology increases, we turn even further away from pragmatism and sensible behavior and opt more for reactionary and irrational actions.

Back
Top Bottom