• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you mind?

Do you agree that government money should be spent to defend trump in a sexual allegation lawsuit

• Yes, I agree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I do not agree

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Do you mind or care if your money is spent to defend President Trump in court for a sexual misconduct lawsuit from 1990's?

DOJ seeks to defend Trump in suit by E. Jean Carroll, who has accused him of sexual assault
The Justice Department argued that under the Federal Tort Claims Act, its lawyers can usurp Trump's private legal team.

After New York state courts turned down Trump’s request to delay E. Jean Carroll’s suit, Justice Department lawyers filed court papers aiming to shift the case into federal court and to substitute the U.S. for Trump as the defendant. That means the federal government, rather than Trump himself, might have to pay damages if any are awarded.

It also comes amid concerns that Attorney General William Barr has gone out of his way to intervene in other legal cases involving Trump or his allies. Barr tried to decrease the amount of prison time his office sought for Trump ally Roger Stone following a criminal trial where he was found guilty. (Stone’s sentence was later commuted by Trump.) Barr’s Justice Department has acted to dismiss its own case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

This is from a 1995 rape allegation from E. Jean Carroll who claims that Trump raped her.

The incident happened in the fall of 1995 or the spring of 1996, she writes. She and Trump ran into each other at Bergdorf Goodman; Trump convinced her to help him shop for a present in the lingerie department; Carroll—“and as I write this, I am staggered by my stupidity,” she states—went into the fitting room with him; Trump shoved her against the wall, unzipped his pants, and forced his penis inside her.

This is the woman that Trump said "she's not my type"

Here is a pic of Ivana (Trump's first wife) and E. Jean Carroll in 1995. You tell me if she is not "his type"

IvanaEJean.jpg

Nonetheless, the OP is all about the government spending our money to defend Trump in a lawsuit that is personal about Trump and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that happened during his presidency. Do you agree or disagree that this is the right thing to do?

Last edited:
Strategy, odds are the DOJ will get the suit crushed. Questionable move on the DOJ's part in a multitude of ways but it could work.

Do you mind or care if your money is spent to defend President Trump in court for a sexual misconduct lawsuit from 1990's?

This is from a 1995 rape allegation from E. Jean Carroll who claims that Trump raped her.

Here is a pic of Ivana (Trump's first wife) and E. Jean Carroll in 1995. You tell me if she is not "his type"

View attachment 67294572

Nonetheless, the OP is all about the government spending our money to defend Trump in a lawsuit that is personal about Trump and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that happened during his presidency. Do you agree or disagree that this is the right thing to do?

So, to re-cap, this person decided to file a law suit in 2019 with regard to a single event that might have happened within a time range of about 8 months bridging 1995 and 1996? 25 years later, she acts. RUKidding?

She alleges that she was in a changing room in a lingerie store which she entered at her own free will with an invited guest and now objects to whatever it was that may or may not have happened sometime over the 8 or so months she vaguely recalls.

With the greatest respect, MY WIFE has never invited me into a changing room in a lingerie store. Assuming the woman was not disrobed, the logistics of the "entry" seem outrageously difficult.

Regarding the "my type", comment, you seem to be saying that you believe a woman is only a piece of meat use and discard. Hint: Women have unique, intriguing and varied personalities.

Does this sound at all familiar? Anyone? Swetnick?

Last edited:
So, to re-cap, this person decided to file a law suit in 2019 with regard to a single event that might have happened within a time range of about 8 months bridging 1995 and 1996? 25 years later she acts. RUKidding?

She alleges that she was in a changing room in a lingerie store which she entered at her own free will with an invited guest and now objects to whatever it was that may or may not have happened sometime over the 8 or so months she vaguely recalls.

Damn, how lazy can one be? A quick search on the search engine of your choice would have informed you that the bolded is false.

Damn, how lazy can one be? A quick search on the search engine of your choice would have informed you that the bolded is false.

The quick search revealed that the accusation was made in 2019.

E. Jean Carroll fired from ELLE magazine following Trump rape allegation
<snip>
Feb. 19, 2020, 12:51 PM EST
By Gwen Aviles
E. Jean Carroll, a veteran advice columnist at ELLE magazine who last year accused President Donald Trump of raping her in the mid-1990s, said she was fired from her editorial position at the end of 2019 after nearly 30 years because of Trump's public debasement of her character.
<snip>

Not one penny of tax payer money should be spent on this, Trump's business, Trump's problem.

No, I don't agree at all.

And before the whataboutists jump in I think no federal dollars should be spent on any civil harassment suits brought against anyone employed by the federal government.

The quick search revealed that the accusation was made in 2019.

E. Jean Carroll fired from ELLE magazine following Trump rape allegation
<snip>
Feb. 19, 2020, 12:51 PM EST
By Gwen Aviles
E. Jean Carroll, a veteran advice columnist at ELLE magazine who last year accused President Donald Trump of raping her in the mid-1990s, said she was fired from her editorial position at the end of 2019 after nearly 30 years because of Trump's public debasement of her character.
<snip>

Not what the lawsuit is about. Please keep up.

View attachment 67294572

The lawsuit is about the (alleged) defamation (calling her a liar) and was initiated during Trump's term as POTUS. This is not a criminal allegation of sexual assault (or rape) from many years ago - this is a civil action taken against the sitting POTUS.

Besides the fact that you don't have a clue of what this lawsuit is about, here's my answer: I don't care.

I don't care if Barr has determined that there is a legal justification for the DOJ to defend against this lawsuit.

I don't care if this woman is bringing this lawsuit.

What I DO care about is the TRILLIONS of dollars our Congressional politicians are spending. (Dollars that we DON'T have.)

The taxpayer money that might be spent on this lawsuit is an infinitesimal drop in that Congressional ocean.

So, to re-cap, this person decided to file a law suit in 2019 with regard to a single event that might have happened within a time range of about 8 months bridging 1995 and 1996? 25 years later, she acts. RUKidding?

With the greatest respect, MY WIFE has never invited me into a changing room in a lingerie store. Assuming the woman was not disrobed, the logistics of the "entry" seem outrageously difficult.

Regarding the "my type", comment, you seem to be saying that you believe a woman is only a piece of meat use and discard. Hint: Women have unique, intriguing and varied personalities.

You did not address the issue as to whether we (the American public) should have to pay for defending this lawsuit.

View attachment 67294572

Barr is a fat corrupt piece of ****.

No, our tax dollars shouldn't be spent on this. Let the billionaire hire his own lawyer.

View attachment 67294572

TDS is a horrible disease. It rots your brain.

You did not address the issue as to whether we (the American public) should have to pay for defending this lawsuit.

We pay for all the rest of the defense costs from the pot maintained Congress.. What will these particular costs amount to as a percent of Federal Outlays?

TDS is a horrible disease. It rots your brain.

What does my post have anything to do about TDS? The OP asks a question, it does not make a statement (TDS). The question is simple. The DOJ has taken over Trump's lawsuit and if the government loses, you and I will be helping to pay for his defense in a rape lawsuit against Trump. As it is, we are already paying for his defense.

The question is "Do you mind paying out of YOUR pocket for Trump's defense in a rape lawsuit, or not?"

You statement about TDS does not apply here. It is evident you feel the need to make a statement but you are paying for it.

We pay for all the rest of the defense costs from the pot maintained Congress.. What will these particular costs amount to as a percent of Federal Outlays?

So that means you don't mind us (the citizens of the United States) paying for the lawsuits that Trump generated against him. We personally should be involved in paying for them, right?

What does my post have anything to do about TDS?

I feel for your suffering. Most that have TDS aren't aware of how much damage it can do to their brains. It's really very sad to watch.

I feel for your suffering. Most that have TDS aren't aware of how much damage it can do to their brains. It's really very sad to watch.

Keep enjoying your failed attempts at humor or sarcasm. Bottom line is that it is costing you money out of your pocket. It does feel good that your accusations on me are expensive to YOU! It makes it worthwhile.

Keep enjoying your failed attempts at humor or sarcasm. Bottom line is that it is costing you money out of your pocket. It does feel good that your accusations on me are expensive to YOU! It makes it worthwhile.

How is it costing money out of my pocket?

How is it costing money out of my pocket?

Since the DOJ took over Trump's lawsuit by E. Jean Carroll, we are paying for the Defense of Trump. In addition, since it is now a government lawsuit (not a personal lawsuit), if the lawsuit is lost you and me will be paying for the fine and everything associated with it.

Enjoy the economic pain.

Since the DOJ took over Trump's lawsuit by E. Jean Carroll, we are paying for the Defense of Trump. In addition, since it is now a government lawsuit (not a personal lawsuit), if the lawsuit is lost you and me will be paying for the fine and everything associated with it.

Enjoy the economic pain.

Your TDS is getting in your way. Every president uses government money. You don't think Bill Clinton's impeachment and defense or other shananigans didn't cost me any money?

Your TDS is getting in your way. Every president uses government money. You don't think Bill Clinton's impeachment and defense or other shananigans didn't cost me any money?

No, it didn't. Impeachment is a government thing. It is not a personal thing. Impeachment is about deciding whether a president should be president and it affects everyone. How does Trump raping that woman affect the government? How does it affect you? Should you be paying for it?

I often wonder about your ability to reason but this post made it clear. You have no ability and have no common sense.

Back
Top Bottom