• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you like to eat Americans?

Black-and-white cookies, half-and-half cookies, and half-moon cookies?

• I like to eat them all

• I only like the black ones

• I only like the white ones

• I only like to eat the black-and-white ones

• I like all of them, but prefer the white ones

• I like all of them, but prefer the black ones

• I like all of them, but prefer the black-and-white ones

• I like none of them

• I do not know any of them

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rumpel's working across a language barrier, and just wants to talk about cookies.
You are quite right!
Rumpel is my name
eating cookies is my game! :)

----------

But I am also aware that this topic may have political or even racial undertones - while the cookies are completely innocent. :)

2 out of 4 now say:

I like to eat them all​

As a racial metaphor​

In the 1994 Seinfeld episode "The Dinner Party", Jerry eats a black-and-white cookie while waiting in a New York City bakery with Elaine. He uses the cookie as a metaphor for racial harmony, saying the chocolate and vanilla represent black and white people living together. If the colors mix together well on a cookie, Jerry argues, so can different races in society, suggesting the answer to poor race relations is to "Look to the cookie!"[17] While campaigning in the 2008 United States presidential election at a deli in Hollywood, Florida, Barack Obama bought two black-and-white cookies and said about them, "it's a unity cookie."[18][19] In a 2015 op-ed in Tablet magazine, African-American Rabbi Shais Rishon argued that the cookie, with its cleanly separated black and white sides, better represented racial segregation.

What I mean are these:

In Germany we call those "Amerikaner" = Amerivans.

I don't know why...despite the listing, Black & Whites...or Amerikaners as you call them, are not all that popular.
They have a loyal following, to be sure, and I've tried them myself and thought they were okay, but if ever there was a cookie that deserves the name "Amerikaner" it would
be the Toll House cookie.

Yes, I like to eat Americans but only the female ones and they must be fresh.
Female Amerikaner should be known as "Amerikanerinnen" in Germany.
I think I must tell those politically super-correct Germans that!

And Hamburger should become "Hamburger & Hamburgerinnen & Trans-Hamburger*innen & non-binäre Hamburger/innen!"

Total voters now:

"Do you like to eat Americans?"
Just one, and she likes to return the favor.
I used to eat lots of them...but I settled on the American I adored the most.

Seriously, they are not called "Americans" except maybe in your neck of the woods. 🤣

Now zero out of 6 say:

• I like all of them, but prefer the black ones​

Votes: 00.0%

Is the cookie vanilla or chocolate? I've never had one.
It's a vanilla cake cookie with black and white icing. It's an NYC thing. Ive never seen them outside the Tri-state area.

I thought this was about "eating Americans." Gosh

Back
Top Bottom