• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know your Bill of Rights?

That doesn't make sense either

So Republicans don't make sense because that is their only complaint.

If Republicans had anything else to complain about, they would say it.

A third post that makes no sense.

If anything I say does not make sense to you, it is your job to prove me wrong with a clear explanation.

I will keep up with this stuff until you show me undeniable proof that I am wrong about everything from a totally unbiased source.

Which makes it the worst written amendment IMO.

No, the worst-written amendment is obviously 5. The author bundled some totally unrelated situations together in one running sentence.

If anything I say does not make sense to you, it is your job to prove me wrong with a clear explanation.

I will keep up with this stuff until you show me undeniable proof that I am wrong about everything from a totally unbiased source.
Your posts don't make sense. That's very different than saying your opinion is incorrect or that you are posting factual inaccuracies

Your posts don't make sense. That's very different than saying your opinion is incorrect or that you are posting factual inaccuracies

If I am posting inaccuracies, tell me what they are - with proof I am wrong. It is that simple.

What they are? What [do] they say? What [do] they mean? For your way_back pleasure, ThePodocasts presents to you 'The Bill of Rights' part 1!
123456.jpg

Well[,] we made the second video. [The] [f]irst one did ok, I was surprised! For your viewing pleasure, part 2! Our video guy is getting better and better [with] each video..lol. He had some general knowledge on how to do it, but never applied himself to actually doing it three times a week, thinking he is hitting his stride on the fundamentals, now on to video enhancements!
123455.jpg

I see sarcasm has no place here.
i SeE sArcAzM hAs nO PlAcE heRe.......yes it does, but you have to use the sarcasm font like I just did :)

i SeE sArcAzM hAs nO PlAcE heRe.......yes it does, but you have to use the sarcasm font like I just did :)

Or just ignore foreigners and ideologues who have no sense of humor and post it anyway.😀

Almost right:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I know what a tautology is perfectly well, but I seriously question if you do.
How so? A) You've not demonstrated that. B) I have.

Amendments should be fully explanatory and not leave room for any debate.

The Bill of Rights is only debated because many people choose not to educate themselves on how to read all 10 amendments correctly.

The Bill of Rights is only debated because many people choose not to educate themselves on how to read all 10 amendments correctly.

Are you going to tell me that the correct way to read the first 10 amendments is to try and get into the heads of men who died 200 years ago and determine what they meant ?

If so, you relegate law to the level of mere opinion.

Are you going to tell me that the correct way to read the first 10 amendments is to try and get into the heads of men who died 200 years ago and determine what they meant ?

If so, you relegate law to the level of mere opinion.

The correct way to read each one is to interpret each word literally in the appropriate context. What does "search and seizure" mean to the person whose life, liberty, and property are protected:?

As they are written, which is your favorite?

The correct way to read each one is to interpret each word literally in the appropriate context. What does "search and seizure" mean to the person whose life, liberty, and property are protected:?

And that's where you stumble into opinion.

A person's "life, liberty, and property" are not protected per se. Merely that the government must go through "due process"

So you can be jailed and even killed and your property confiscated, should the appropriate "due process" be followed.

Incidentally, whereas a person is innocent until proven guilty, an inanimate object, eg: cash, is deemed guilty until proven innocent.
In some states (maybe all?) if you're stopped (say at a routine traffic stop) and are carrying an unusually large amount of cash, a policeman can confiscate it on mere suspicion.

And that's where you stumble into opinion.

A person's "life, liberty, and property" are not protected per se. Merely that the government must go through "due process"

So you can be jailed and even killed and your property confiscated, should the appropriate "due process" be followed.

Incidentally, whereas a person is innocent until proven guilty, an inanimate object, eg: cash, is deemed guilty until proven innocent.
In some states (maybe all?) if you're stopped (say at a routine traffic stop) and are carrying an unusually large amount of cash, a policeman can confiscate it on mere suspicion.

Not without first questioning the person carrying it.

Not without first questioning the person carrying it.

Sure, policeman will ask the person carrying it if they have proof that the money is theirs legally (taxes paid etc) if not proof of "innocence" is forthcoming, the cash can be seized

QED: The inanimate object (the cash) is deemed guilty unless proven innocent.

Another example would be if you flew to a tax haven like Dubai and bought a $10,000 Rolex. You wear it when returning to the USA. A Customs officer asks you for proof that you paid tax on it (ie: bought it in the USA and wore it out)
As you cannot, the officer can take it from you (note this is not deemed seizure but confiscation. It is formally "seized" if/when you fail to prove it "innocent").

Should you have actually bought it in the USA and can provide proof of that, you can get it back.

How many members know the order our Fifth Amendment rights are listed in without looking it up?

I know you have the Right to remain silent.

I learnt that from watching the original Robocop film which had a ludicrous amount of swearing in it.
Robocop is the best!!!!!!!!
The "you have the right to remain silent"in the original Walking Tall was fairly amusing.

Back
Top Bottom