• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know your Bill of Rights?

Think about how many Second Amendment supports own guns. They are just afraid of being forced to give their own guns away by police officers.

If anybody needs firearms for self-defense, it's the homeless. If it's a 'right', then they should be included in welfare programs and charities' handouts.

If anybody needs firearms for self-defense, it's the homeless. If it's a 'right, then they should be included in welfare programs and charities' handouts.

Using that logic, kids who have no self-defense skills should get free guns. See the problem?

Nobody has the right to get a free gun, period. The right to own a gun stops at buying them.

Besides, even the homeless have nice guns:

The Bill of Rights does not give anyone the right to own a free gun without background checks and a state ID card. This thread is only about what our rights are, not how people abuse them.

The Bill of Rights does not give anyone the right to own a free gun without background checks and a state ID card. This thread is only about what our rights are, not how people abuse them.

I didn't say it did, merely that even homeless people are known to find enough $$$ to buy a nice gun.

I didn't say it did, merely that even homeless people are known to find enough $$$ to buy a nice gun.

Which has nothing to do with the thread topic.

And for a homeless person to have enough money for an AK-47, he/she must be living in a hotel or trailer, not begging on the street.

Which has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Threads meander, sometimes take off on a tangent - it was a rebuttal of post #51

And for a homeless person to have enough money for an AK-47, he/she must be living in a hotel or trailer, not begging on the street.

The homeless person, in my link, didn't have a AK-47, he was attacked by someone with one.

Back to the topic: Can anyone quote the exact text of any Bill of Rights amendment without looking it up?

Can anyone ?
Congress shall pass no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or infringing the freedom of speech; or of the press; or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and petition the government for redress of grievances.

A well-regulated militia being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged.

How'd I do?

If I take my time, I'll get a few more right.

Last edited:
A well-regulated militia being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged.

How'd I do?

If I take my time, I'll get a few more right.

Almost right:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Do I assume you know the definition of a tautology? If so, you know the answer.

I know what a tautology is perfectly well, but I seriously question if you do.

Back to the topic: Can anyone quote the exact text of any Bill of Rights amendment without looking it up?
Of course. But probably only the 2nd word for word- given how short it is.

A ton of people don't even understand the FIRST one.

Obviously. A California judge ordered an old 104-foot cross be removed from a park. That is the opposite of giving people the right to express their religions in places they assemble. If people who deny the Crucifixion don't like it, they can go to another park instead.

Why do people think they have to file lawsuits whenever something based on religion is applied to free speech and free press?

I saw it referred to as the Bill of Whites. I thought that was funny and sad at the same time.

Think about how many Second Amendment supports own guns. They are just afraid of being forced to give their own guns away by police officers.
that makes no sense.

That makes no sense.

Why else would the only argument against banning certain types of guns be they are afraid of polices forcing them to give up their guns?

Show me valid reasons to want every American citizen to own any kind of gun because it is a constitutional right. It gives NOBODY the right to buy an automatic assault rifle with a high magazine capacity wit5out passing background and psychological tests, which is what Republicans want.

Last edited:
Why else would the only argument against banning certain types of guns be they are afraid of polices forcing them to give up their guns?
that doesn't make sense either

Back
Top Bottom