• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know any Christians?

Not just people that say the believe in Jesus but actually walk the walk day in and day out?
If that is YOUR definition of "Christian", then I don't know any.
And I very much doubt whether there are any anywhere.

I certainly know others who profess JESUS CHRIST as LORD. And they all do not necessary attend the same church I attend. I believe this may help in the understanding of what to expect true Christians to be like. They are NOT PERFECT in this life, yet they strive to please GOD. And GOD through the leading of HOLY SPIRIT that abides within each and every true believer the Christian will feel led to correct that which he or she has caused and continually attempt to reach out to everyone in LOVE ---- professing salvation as the only possibility for joy in this life and the next.
Please consider the following: https://www.savioralive.com/signs-of-a-true-christian/ Again, believers are not PERFECT, they are being conformed to the image of CHRIST (by the HOLY SPIRIT) but never achieve perfection in this life but the next. The perfection od CHRIST is what saves them and a true believer will admit to that truth.

Last edited:
If that is YOUR definition of "Christian", then I don't know any.
And I very much doubt whether there are any anywhere.
Oh, but there are. I'm very, very surprised that you don't know any Christians who "walk the walk." The ones I know whose faith is active (rather than just a denomination you might list on a form or a cultural identification) actually do. Every day. Not perfectly; there is always room for doing better and for more spiritual growth to be had, but they are earnestly striving.

Not just people that say the believe in Jesus but actually walk the walk day in and day out?
No. I do not.

I've been mistakenly called a "Christian" because I've always been involved in my community and help my neighbors and strangers but I've never corrected anybody saying it.

Sadly in the US the word "Christian" tends to mean one thing and one thing only:
"Fundamentalist US-American Protestants". Mostly "Southern Baptists" as far as I know. And all other Christians do not count as Christians.
And as I do not know any fundamental US-American Protestants personally, I must say that in that sense I do not know any Christians personally.

Is it necessary to believe that the Earth is 6023 years old to be "a real Christian"?

I've known plenty.

Find someone who is non-judgmental, who treats people the way they would want to be treated, and who is quick to forgive, and you found yourself someone who walks the walk.

Such people aren't as common as one might hope, but they also aren't as rare as one might think.

I've known plenty.

Find someone who is non-judgmental, who treats people the way they would want to be treated, and who is quick to forgive, and you found yourself someone who walks the walk.

Such people aren't as common as one might hope, but they also aren't as rare as one might think.

Although, there could be some issues with how one defines being "judgmental."

For some, to say that something is a sin..............................................is being, judgmental.
But, that is part and parcel of the gospel.

A Christian is not a disciple of Christ, if he edits the teachings..........................and only says what people want to hear.
If one's aim is to lead people to Christ to be saved, then we ought to be truthful to what conditions there are in being saved.

What is walk the walk to you?

Not condemning everyone who thinks differently than you. Most Christians are jerks.
Have you met any "good Christian" that isn't a jerk? Were they in a zoo to be seen and studied? With Bigfoot? I might start believing in miracles if anybody has located one.

Have you met any "good Christian" that isn't a jerk? Were they in a zoo to be seen and studied? With Bigfoot? I might start believing in miracles if anybody has located one.

I haven't met any atheists who aren't jerks.

I haven't met any atheists who aren't jerks.
Then, you haven't met many unless your definition of "jerk" is not buying your BS.

Every atheist I know easily eclipses every Christian relative to love, compassion, inclusion, tolerance and charity. We can live that way because that's who we are and we aren't doing it to get brownie points from some imaginary Sky Daddy after we die a physical death.

My definition of "jerk" includes people who tell me how much better they are than I, like you just did.

My definition of "jerk" includes people who tell me how much better they are than I, like you just did.
I never posted that I'm better than anyone.

All that interpretation is yours.

Some of the things that Jesus taught can be dismissed?
Not dismissed, but consistently observing all of Jesus' teachings can lead to a sense of failure and beating oneself up. Instead, I suggest moderation. Do the best you can with a loving and generous heart.

Not dismissed, but consistently observing all of Jesus' teachings can lead to a sense of failure and beating oneself up. Instead, I suggest moderation. Do the best you can with a loving and generous heart.
This is how I live and it doesn't require a deity so we have something in common ;-)

Back
Top Bottom