• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know any anti-vaxxers?

This is not coddlemorons.com

This is a debate website.

I'm calling a spade a spade. Right here. At a debate website. If any anti-vaxer (dangerous freak) needs counseling about it, they should seek professional help or at least a safe space.

Your the one doing all the ranting.......just saying.

You seem to be really heavy on this whole vaccine thing. So, let me ask you: Which do you think is going to more likely change someone's mind about vaccines: childish name-calling or making actual points and arguments which can be, presumably, verified?

Because if it's not the latter, you're simply part of the problem...

Barriers to getting the shot and information about the vaccines have hindered the “unvaccinated but willing,” who account for approximately 10 percent of the American population, according to a report last month by the Department of Health and Human Services. Unlike those who have declined vaccines, some vocally, because of their politics or ideology, a quieter share — about 44% of unvaccinated people — say they would get vaccinated but are on the fence for certain reasons. Some, like Orosco-Arellano, lack transportation or other means, while others wish to wait and see or don’t know coronavirus vaccines are free.

Beyond that lies the vast wasteland of persons who have decided to dig their heels in permanently and would rather die by COVID than take the shot.
Oh, but they're really nice people, and we should just coddle them and risk our lives to accommodate them, right?

Well, I can certainly think of a few situations where that could be extremely dangerous.

Irrelevant.

Adults normally have that ability.

Best that we actually say what we mean, wouldn't you agree?

Best case scenario yes. But typos happen.

Calling the resulting sentence "a nonsense sentence" and "gibberish" was either the inability to read for comprehension or a childish lie.

Glad this was posted, so here is my reply:

I live in a northern Ontario city of roughly 150,000 people. As of yesterday, in our entire city, we had 0 new cases, 2 ongoing but recovering, 0 in ICU.

EVERYONE - and I mean this folks - EVERYONE I know personally has been vaccinated, and mask wearing? Not a single protest, not a single person I have seen trying to barge into a store without a mask. At worse, I have seen highschool kids off school property hanging around smoking their cigarettes without masks, but since 0 new infections, they are probably feeling bold - and have probably been vaccinated.

Our local paper says our FULL vaccination rate is 90%!

OH the joy of living in a country where people don't moan and whine and are willing to do the right thing for themselves and their neighbors.
I'm seriously thinking of trying to become an illegal immigrant to a country like that, any country like that.

Two years from now, what you know right now might be totally different.

That's stupid gaslighting. It works on the uneducated, the drug addicted, the institutionalized, the ignorant.

I know what I know. Anti-vaxers are dangerous freaks. In 2 years, 10 years and the history books, they will be.

I no longer accept the concept of "vaccine hesitant." All of their arguments have been addressed. If they're still "hesistant," then they're not "hesistant," they're antivaxxers.

Curious, just how have folks' concerns about long term effects been addressed?

That's stupid gaslighting. It works on the uneducated, the drug addicted, the institutionalized, the ignorant.

I know what I know. Anti-vaxers are dangerous freaks. In 2 years, 10 years and the history books, they will be.

You sound more spoon fed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, than actually making any educated statements.

Including people with natural immunity?

Answer the freaking question.

But you can't because you don't know.

Natural immunity plus vaccination is better than only natural immunity. You're affording one side an assumption and not the other. It's stupid.

You guys know what the whole "natural immunity is better than vaccination!" comes down to?

"I was smart to wait. Now I'm better off."

Anti-vaxers are imagining a victory. Most of the idiots haven't had Covid and they're gonna die of it. Because they're morons. We see it every day.

Every ****ing day some new radio or tv or internet talking head dangerous freak drops dead. They all claimed to have had it.

So does the vaccine, but studies also show that natural immunity can last a lifetime.
THe administration never discusses natural immunity. Why is why they don't have their talking points.

Every single time we're told "you gotta be nice to the anti-vaxer that died of Covid", the piece of shit anti-vaxer claimed to have already had it. Every one of those shitbags told their followers they already had it so they're good.

A couple of people. Young adults, liberal. Not anti-vaxx, just COVID vax hesitant. Their reason is the way it's being pushed. The harder the push, the less they trust.
They've said (it's a couple) "has a vaccine been pushed this much before"? My reply is no, not in my lifetime, but we've never had a pandemic like this either.(in my lifetime)
Yes, the smallpox and polio vaccines were both pushed hard.
In my neighborhood, growing up as a wee tot and an early reader I was puzzled by a word that, to me, looked like it was a foot long and began with a Q.
It was a large sign on the doors of two homes on our street:

"QUARANTINE"

Similar to this:
1632423280914.png

It was POLIO.

Result: One family recovered and the other family wound up with a son, Greg...who spent the rest of his young life on crutches because of a game leg.
He eventually tossed the sticks but never walked right again. I have early memories of riding with him in his Mustang in which the center console was removed so he could drape his right leg partly over the driveshaft hump while he used his left leg to operate the gas and brake.
Yes, he has led a happy life but still, it was entirely avoidable.

Back
Top Bottom