• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you have a positive or negative view of Keith Olbermann?

• Positive

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Negative

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Negative. He goes way overboard in some sort of zany attempt to get revenge on a group of people he dislikes.

I enjoy his sense of humor. His oddball segment is great. I think of him as a funnier O'Reilly.

Like most other popular political commentators, he uses extreme partisan rhetoric in order to get ratings at the expense of rational discussion.

I watch his show once a week or so but more for entertainment than news. His show is funnier to me than most other news shows. Also his over the top presentations crack me up. I think he'd be a cool guy to hang around with, maybe grab a beer or watch a game, but not positive as in furthering honest discourse.

He has made me laugh. He has pissed me off. His over top attacks on Scott Brown and the nightly "The Tea Party is racist" are embarassing.

I think he can be funny. I watch him less than ever.

He was a second string jock sniffer who now fancies himself an intellectual. He's an asshole without the academic chops of the equally arrogant Ann Coulter

The only people I want to hear talk about politics are professional comedians. Pundits are douchebags. I'll take Miller or Stewart over all of them.

I think he is a complete and total douchebag. He brings shame to journalism. Someone mentioned his "ratings". What ratings? He gets troubced every night. The only problem is MSNBC has him under contract and can't find anyone to take his spot. Between him and Ms Maddows, MSNBC is a complete joke, About the only thing they are good for is that prison show that they do.

Like most other popular political commentators, he uses extreme partisan rhetoric in order to get ratings at the expense of rational discussion.

But his ratings stink.

I think he is extreme at times, but I like him anyway. I love it how he will go after something that is just completely wrong.

But his ratings stink.

Why are his ratings relevant in any way? His show makes MSNBC money, and the question and topic have jack to do with his popularity.

Why are his ratings relevant in any way? His show makes MSNBC money, and the question and topic have jack to do with his popularity.

I love it when Olby fans gets all bent out of shape when I mention his ratings stink.

Someone said he does things for ratings. I was simply pointing out that he's a failure. That's all.

He was a second string jock sniffer who now fancies himself an intellectual. He's an asshole without the academic chops of the equally arrogant Ann Coulter

do you happen to know his academic background? the guy is smart as hell, and unlike ann, his adam's apple doesn't seem out of place.

I can't say one way or the other because I've only watched him once...and that was on youtube when a co-worker told me to watch one of his closing segments.
I agreed primarily with what he said in that particular segment, however, his presentation style was a little annoying to me...seemed typical of the talk radio over the top personalities. I've heard a lot of negative things about him from people on the right, haven't heard a lot of praise for him from people on the left....so as I started...I really have no opinion...but there wasn't a voting option for that.

I can't say one way or the other because I've only watched him once...and that was on youtube when a co-worker told me to watch one of his closing segments.
I agreed primarily with what he said in that particular segment, however, his presentation style was a little annoying to me...seemed typical of the talk radio over the top personalities. I've heard a lot of negative things about him from people on the right, haven't heard a lot of praise for him from people on the left....so as I started...I really have no opinion...but there wasn't a voting option for that.

as annoying as they can be, maddow and olbermann are far more intelligent than their counterparts on the right. but a little of them goes a long way. i like maddow better, but don't watch too much of that stuff.

Intelligence isn't measured in college degrees.

I love it when Olby fans gets all bent out of shape when I mention his ratings stink.

Someone said he does things for ratings. I was simply pointing out that he's a failure. That's all.

Yes, fox has much higher ratings. That doesn't mean his ratings stink. MSNBC, though they haven't been in the game as long, has passed up cnn in viewers in most time slots (maybe all timeslots, I haven't checked lately.)

Also, Olbermann makes them money, and he's their highest watched show. Why get rid of your show with the best ratings?

I understand you don't like the guy, most liberals don't think highly of him either as shown by this thread, but when you say that some guy who has nearly a million people watching his show every night a failure you look silly.

Also, Olbermann makes them money, and he's their highest watched show. Why get rid of your show with the best ratings?

I understand you don't like the guy, most liberals don't think highly of him either as shown by this thread, but when you say that some guy who has nearly a million people watching his show every night a failure you look silly.

"Nearly a million" isn't much in cable TV land.

And I'm thinking Rachel Maddow has him beat.

Back
Top Bottom