• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you feel sorry for RWNJs who voted against their best interests?

Do you feel bad for hicks who vote GOP against their own good?

• No, screw them. They get what they deserve for their stupidity and hate.

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Yes, they may be stupid and racist, but I still feel bad for them

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Not necessarily, but your parents definitely do. And the dependent, non-voting children of people who voted for Trump deserve to suffer, because their parents are a bunch of racist idiots. Nobody should feel sorry for them.
Yes, it's not their fault that they will suffer, but it is their parent's fault, and for that reason, I do not feel bad about their suffering.

Please seek help for your anger.

th

Jose we hardly knew ye.

I want to be clear, that I think OP is over-reacting. And he went from 0-100 in .5 seconds. But, Donald Trump said he wished murder upon the families of terrorists. Just sayin'. We are living in extraordinary times. Likely, Trump was talking out of his ass. I don't know. I'd like Trump to clarify where he stands on this basic human rights question, that would violate the Geneva Conventions.

I don't begrudge the family of anyone. My entire family is Republican, but, they support a person who wishes death upon innocent people, and has delivered death to innocent people in Yemen.

You are over-reacting as much as the OP.

Trump has been a complete disaster. For 8 years the same people who spewed hate at Obama are now praising Trump when he does things that are 10x worse then anything Obama ever did. Yet in a recent poll 94% of the people who voted for Trump believe he's doing a good job and are not sorry they voted for him.

My point is, with all due respect, you are kidding yourself if you think anything said here will change any of the Trumpsters minds. As long as he screams 'build the wall' and spews hate at Muslims and Mexicans most of his supporters will stick by him. They don't care about any other 'issues'.

Such ludicrous projecting.

It isn't intolerant to hate intolerance. For pete's sake, intolerance of intolerance is the epitome of tolerance.

You are in conflict with yourself. You are screeching about intolerance while proving over and over and over again that you are yourself intolerant of any and all opposing views.

And when do you propose to start that quixotic adventure?

Well Hell, I failed with you.

I have heard that here at the Great and Wonderful DP that when folks think of Trump advocates they put me at the top of the list.

GENERALLY

PS: This is my take on Trumps skin color on his worst days

Last edited:
A lot of hate in that post.
And they vote out for PURE RACISM AND HATE. They don't mind Trump's blatant xenophobia.
Perhaps you should think a little about that line. And look up the definition of xenophobia. You perhaps voted for the candidate that hated much of the country and did not want anything to do with "others" and outsiders.

Because I sure as HELL don't.

It is well known that a lot of right wingers in the USA vote against their best interests.

They vote against Obamacare, despite a lot of them being dependant on the ACA to survive. When asked about this, most of them don't even know that Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are the same thing.

They vote against government subsidies for rural hospitals, roads, railroads, airports, etc. despite them being the only ones who benefit from those subsidies

They vote to cut EPA funding to clean up their towns and states, and keep their water drinkable and their air breathable.

Hillary Clinton offered rural coal mining communities job retraining and wind power careers. Instead, they voted for Trump who doesn't have any coherent plan to help them, except to cut funding for services that they depend on.

In essence, Hillbilly Joe Bob in West Virginia voted in 2016 to lower taxes on the "coastal elites" he hates so much and to cut funding to programs he probably depends on to survive.

These rural hicks are misguided by Fox News and the idea that they are somehow "temporarily embarrassed millionaires," who will get rich one day due to the "American Dream."

And to be honest, I'm goddamn tired of feeling sorry for them.

They are ignorant and stupid, and can't be bothered to change their views. When confronted with the truth, they sink back into the comfortable world of fake news.

And they vote out for PURE RACISM AND HATE. They don't mind Trump's blatant xenophobia. They don't mind the fact that people of color will be hurt by Trump's policies. They refuse to give a single damn about people with different skin color or sexual orientation than them when voting. They even cheer the deportation of millions of innocent, hardworking immigrants, due to the utterly fake idea that "them brown peoples done stole muh jobs!"

Screw these hicks. I hope they SUFFER because of who they voted for. I hope that their water becomes undrinkable and they choke on their coal dust filled air. I hope that Trump's budget cuts to their hospitals and schools results in their illiterate children dying of easily preventable diseases like the flu. I hope that if the ACA gets repealed, Farmer Billy Bob suddenly realizes that he depends on it for his heart medicine. I hope that the stupidity, misguided selfishness, and racism and xenophobia of their vote comes back to bite them in the butt... HARD.

Because after all, that's what they voted for.

Tough love? The only problem is they take the rest of us down with them. We all pay the price.

What the hell is a RWNJ?

A right wing nut job?

It is well known that a lot of right wingers in the USA vote against their best interests.

They vote against Obamacare, despite a lot of them being dependant on the ACA to survive. When asked about this, most of them don't even know that Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are the same thing.

They vote against government subsidies for rural hospitals, roads, railroads, airports, etc. despite them being the only ones who benefit from those subsidies

They vote to cut EPA funding to clean up their towns and states, and keep their water drinkable and their air breathable.

Hillary Clinton offered rural coal mining communities job retraining and wind power careers. Instead, they voted for Trump who doesn't have any coherent plan to help them, except to cut funding for services that they depend on.

In essence, Hillbilly Joe Bob in West Virginia voted in 2016 to lower taxes on the "coastal elites" he hates so much and to cut funding to programs he probably depends on to survive.

These rural hicks are misguided by Fox News and the idea that they are somehow "temporarily embarrassed millionaires," who will get rich one day due to the "American Dream."

They are ignorant and stupid, and can't be bothered to change their views. When confronted with the truth, they sink back into the comfortable world of fake news.

And they vote out for PURE RACISM AND HATE. They don't mind Trump's blatant xenophobia. They don't mind the fact that people of color will be hurt by Trump's policies. They refuse to give a single damn about people with different skin color or sexual orientation than them when voting. They even cheer the deportation of millions of innocent, hardworking immigrants, due to the utterly fake idea that "them brown peoples done stole muh jobs!"

Screw these hicks. I hope they SUFFER because of who they voted for. I hope that their water becomes undrinkable and they choke on their coal dust filled air. I hope that Trump's budget cuts to their hospitals and schools results in their illiterate children dying of easily preventable diseases like the flu. I hope that if the ACA gets repealed, Farmer Billy Bob suddenly realizes that he depends on it for his heart medicine. I hope that the stupidity, misguided selfishness, and racism and xenophobia of their vote comes back to bite them in the butt... HARD.

Anybody could have seen what an obvious con job he was at any time in the past 50 years.

There is definitely some truth in your post. I would extend it beyond the West Virginia hillbilly though. The same principles apply to rural America throughout the US. They vote because the churches tell them, usually from the pulpit, that they'll go to Hell, if they vote for anybody Pro-Life. They are told that the Dems want to take their guns away. Meanwhile, the Right oligarchs are laughing all the way to the bank.

No less and no more than anyone else, especially the right.

What I LOVE about debating American politics is no matter what is the issue, the other side will demonize the opposition. Name calling and worse has always been a part of that. What is amazing is that you can't see that you're all exactly the same, from lies, dirty tricks, name calling to blow jobs and campaign finance, both sides are identical.

...and fueled by hate

However, in our daily lives, we live in perfect harmony with friends, family, cousins, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, work, and in public despite all the political differences. Probably 99 % of the Americans on these talkboards, though we appear top be at each other's throats on these boards would get along fine at a concert or barbecue. Political debate is a blood sport, however once we sign off the talkboard, we leave it on the talkboard. And the only reason that it appears more vitriolic on this side of the US Canadian border is that we have congress critters that are so entrenched in power that it's not uncommon for some old fart Senator to be wheeled into the Capital Hill Rotunda in a wheelchair wearing adult diapers to cast a vote. A not too distant example would be the late Democrat Senator Robert Byrd who served over 50 years and died in office. Term limits would fix that. We just do not see as much new blood in congress as you do in parliament.

There is definitely some truth in your post. I would extend it beyond the West Virginia hillbilly though. The same principles apply to rural America throughout the US. They vote because the churches tell them, usually from the pulpit, that they'll go to Hell, if they vote for anybody Pro-Life. They are told that the Dems want to take their guns away. Meanwhile, the Right oligarchs are laughing all the way to the bank.

^^^^
"The only reason people see things differently from me is because they're stupid sheep."

A little biased are we? Talk about stereotyping. A lot of Republican votes come from suburbs. A lot of people vote Republican because they are against abortion, not because their church's tell them they are going to hell. A lot of people are against the murder of fetuses and it in many cases it doesn't have anything to do with churches. Dems do want to take citizen's guns away. Hillary clearly said that she supported legislation that would allow anyone to sue gun manufacturers and guns sellers for crimes committed by guns - effectively making in unpallatable for businesses to manufacture or sell guns.

You seem to have lost touch weith the real world in favor of talking points.

"They vote against Obamacare, despite a lot of them being dependant on the ACA to survive. When asked about this, most of them don't even know that Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are the same thing."

Are you saying that Obamacare is the absolute most perfect and most efficient approach imaginable to paying for medical care?

That Obamacare can in no way at any time be improved?

Why do the simplistic always imagine that everything is a binary choice?

The actual reality of the world has shown us over and over again that most things need to be adaptable.

We are also shown repeatedly that most things are best for the end user when the end user has a strong determining voice in the direction.

The best care outcomes for the people in a densely populated urban setting is probably provided by a very different system than the best outcomes for people in a very sparsely populated rural setting.

Using the same approach, as Obamacare recommends, is a recipe for failure.

The end goal of Obamacare is admirable. The reality of Obamacare sucks.

The nature of Obamacare has nothing to do with care and everything to do with economics.

The costs have skyrocketed for the citizens paying premiums, for the government paying subsidies and for the insurance companies that are abandoning whole sections of the country.

Since Obamacare is ONLY addressing the financial end of things and was offered as a method to reduce costs, judging the system ONLY on the basis of costs is the ONLY method to use to accurately judge the outcomes.

Financially, Obamacare is a bust for the country, the policy holders and the providers. Who's left?

This Is How Much Obamacare Will Cost Taxpayers in 2016 | Money

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...miums-to-increase-substantially/#2f5709b15be7

However, in our daily lives, we live in perfect harmony with friends, family, cousins, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, work, and in public despite all the political differences. Probably 99 % of the Americans on these talkboards, though we appear top be at each other's throats on these boards would get along fine at a concert or barbecue. Political debate is a blood sport, however once we sign off the talkboard, we leave it on the talkboard. And the only reason that it appears more vitriolic on this side of the US Canadian border is that we have congress critters that are so entrenched in power that it's not uncommon for some old fart Senator to be wheeled into the Capital Hill Rotunda in a wheelchair wearing adult diapers to cast a vote. A not too distant example would be the late Democrat Senator Robert Byrd who served over 50 years and died in office. Term limits would fix that. We just do not see as much new blood in congress as you do in parliament.

Nice try, but the US has the highest murder rate of any industrialized nation. Violent crime is on the rise, contrary to the international trend. I never met ONE American who was satisfied with the direction the government is taking.

And you forget I live in a tourist areas, I interact with them all the time....and it is not unusual to tap a vein of anger and retribution.

And in the last three months, applications to move here from the US have tripled.

I suggest the nation has issues not being addressed. There are two kinds of people who can be driven apoplectic and into a rage state with one of two words: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

That's not just political adversarialism, that's long festering hate

Nice try, but the US has the highest murder rate of any industrialized nation. Violent crime is on the rise, contrary to the international trend. I never met ONE American who was satisfied with the direction the government is taking.

And you forget I live in a tourist areas, I interact with them all the time....and it is not unusual to tap a vein of anger and retribution.

And in the last three months, applications to move here from the US have tripled.

I suggest the nation has issues not being addressed. There are two kinds of people who can be driven apoplectic and into a rage state with one of two words: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

That's not just political adversarialism, that's long festering hate

The reason for that is we let all of our prisoners go.

Back
Top Bottom