• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you feel sorry for Paris Hilton?

Do you feel sorry for Paris Hilton?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
Do you?

I actually do. It seems like she's constantly getting bashed in the media and I just feel sorry for her because we don't know the real her. She could actually be a nice and caring person deep down but all we see is this hyped persona that has been created about her. It's kind of like the same thing the media did to Marlyin Monroe but in a different way. I think it's a shame that we laugh at her misfortune of having a private home video (you know what I'm referring to) made public and spread around the Internet.

This brings up another point that I would like to discuss. In modern America, we seem to have lost all sense of decency and morality. We laugh at things like sex tapes being spread across the Internet. We laugh at shows like the Osbournes, which features a completely dysfunctional family where the father (Ozzy Osbourne) is a recovering alcoholic and drug user. He's a talented musician and I like his music. But let's face it, the guy has serious problems. He's a complete moron when it comes to raising a family. The fact that we even laugh at this dysfunctional family illustrates how dysfunctional America has become. This is not something to laugh at. We've gone from the 1950's where we were entertained by normal and healthy family portrayals to watching families that are just sick.

Getting back to Paris Hilton...I think, as a Christian, it is my duty not to judge. Therefore, I don't judge Paris Hilton. Just like Jesus embraced Mary Magdeline, so too should we have compassion and tolerance for Paris.

whilst your right that we shouldn't judge her...I...can't...help...it. She has that extremely stupid look on her face all of the time and she thinks that she is helping the world by producing $300 purses for dogs!!! In no way do I feel sorry for her because she probably doesn't realize what happened anyway!!! Again...this is really anti-christian of me and I'm sorry but she had it coming.

I think she brings much of the negative attention on herself. She does outrageous things to catch the eyes of the press and focus attention on her.

George_Washington said:

No. Multimillionaire heiress fashion plates with several of their own companies really dont need my sympathy.

George_Washington said:
I actually do. It seems like she's constantly getting bashed in the media and I just feel sorry for her because we don't know the real her. She could actually be a nice and caring person deep down but all we see is this hyped persona that has been created about her. It's kind of like the same thing the media did to Marlyin Monroe but in a different way. I think it's a shame that we laugh at her misfortune of having a private home video (you know what I'm referring to) made public and spread around the Internet. ?.

She did it(literally) to herself. Always get the original tape..Always get the original tape... Tommy Lee and Pammy, Nixon, they all should have learned that mantra by now.

George_Washington said:
We've gone from the 1950's where we were entertained by normal and healthy family portrayals to watching families that are just sick.

True. The Simpsons rule the earth.

George_Washington said:
Getting back to Paris Hilton...I think, as a Christian, it is my duty not to judge. Therefore, I don't judge Paris Hilton. Just like Jesus embraced Mary Magdeline, so too should we have compassion and tolerance for Paris.

Yes I would agree to be compassionate and embrace Paris Hilton.
She is way hot with a fine mind for business.

38m.jpg

akyron said:
She did it(literally) to herself. Always get the original tape..Always get the original tape... Tommy Lee and Pammy, Nixon, they all should have learned that mantra by now.

Well yeah but it was still morally wrong of her boyfriend to make it public.

Yes I would agree to be compassionate and embrace Paris Hilton.
She is way hot with a fine mind for business.

38m.jpg

:rofl Well...I can't deny that.

No, I don't feel sorry for her. She is laughing all the way to the bank. Anyone who answers the phone during sex doesn't deserve my compassion.:rofl She doesn't care what people think anyway. She is surrounded by "yes people" and thinks that common people are below her. Have you seen "The Simple Life"? As long as people are talking about her she is happy. She is an attention whore. Celebrities have a saying: The only bad press is an obituary.

I feel no sympathy for Paris Hilton at all.

She never had to work a day, for her fotune, she wouldn't know how to run a business, she comes across as intellectually DEVIOD, and a complete ditz!

Has she ever done anything to improve the world, or is she just someone that we objectify or laugh at, so that we can crap on about how debauched the rich and famous are, to make up for are own inadequecies?

Who cares, her fame will only last as long as her looks. True brilliance and intellect that changes people's lives is not bound by physical appearence.

Lastly it wouldn't surprise me that Paris Hilton is so egotistic that she was more worried about her backside looking big, rather than her being the star of an X-rated home movie.

Rant on.:twocents:

Australianlibertarian said:
I feel no sympathy for Paris Hilton at all.

She never had to work a day, for her fotune, she wouldn't know how to run a business, she comes across as intellectually DEVIOD, and a complete ditz!

Has she ever done anything to improve the world, or is she just someone that we objectify or laugh at, so that we can crap on about how debauched the rich and famous are, to make up for are own inadequecies?

Who cares, her fame will only last as long as her looks. True brilliance and intellect that changes people's lives is not bound by physical appearence.

Lastly it wouldn't surprise me that Paris Hilton is so egotistic that she was more worried about her backside looking big, rather than her being the star of an X-rated home movie.

Rant on.:twocents:

The FSB 100—America's Fastest-Growing Small Public Companies

Between Modeling/TV/Movies and her bag and fragrance companies in Japan she doesnt need the hilton hotels for money. She may come off as a ditz but like the man above said. Shes laughing all the way to the bank.

FYI: I saw this all on E! a couple of weeks ago. The sister is more adept at avoiding the limelight but supposedly she had her own short marriage this year to somebody I cant recall. Blah blah blah the obsession with celebrities escapes me. The magazines at the grocery store line always baffle me as to how they stay in business.

Australianlibertarian said:

Of course...:roll: she made those really ugly purses that cost $300!!!!:roll: if that dosn't save the world then what will????? Maybe we should vote her for governer of california after arnold is done. (sarcasm)

Multi-millionaire heiresses like Paris are truly worthy of sympathy. In fact, they are in such a bad way, IMO we should give them tax breaks so they don't have to pay any taxes on their inheritance, and we should cut the capital gains/dividend taxes so they can pay much less tax on their trust fund income than those us of who are lucky enough to get to work for a living.

Oh wait -- the Republicans have already done that. And the Libs claim the Republicans aren't compassionate.

Why the hell should I? The dumb skank is never going to have to work a day in her life!

Work???? are you kidding???? She has made movies!!!!! She is an acctress of the highest degree!!!!:roll:

And besides ,Vergiss, You shouldn't hate her for her wealth you should hate her because she is a stupid skank....people like her should move to california and wait for an earthquake or an asteroid.... Whilst it is unprobable that an asteroid would hit her house it would be more likely if she moved to a state that has been doomed from the start:mrgreen: ...

Do I feel sorry for Paris Hilton?

hmmmmm............hmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ummmmmm, my final answer is.....no.

What kind of question is this? With all the misery in the world, I'm supposed to be feeling sorry for Paris Hilton? I think she'll get along just fine without my sympathy.

But this I appreciate very much. :lamo
independent thinker said:
Anyone who answers the phone during sex doesn't deserve my compassion.

vergiss said:
Why the hell should I? The dumb skank is never going to have to work a day in her life!

See, this is the problem. The masses tend to think that really rich people have no hardships and whatever happens to them, it's OK, cause they are so rich. Just because someone's rich doesn't mean they don't have feelings.

Do I feel sorry for Katrina victims? Yes.
Do I feel sorry for starving peoples in Africa? Yes.
Do I feel sorry for Earthquake and Tsunami victims? Yes.
Do I feel sorry for people who are born "mentally challenged" or deformed in some way? Yes.

Do I feel sorry for Paris Hilton? :roll:

The Real McCoy said:
Do I feel sorry for Katrina victims? Yes.
Do I feel sorry for starving peoples in Africa? Yes.
Do I feel sorry for Earthquake and Tsunami victims? Yes.
Do I feel sorry for people who are born "mentally challenged" or deformed in some way? Yes.

Do I feel sorry for Paris Hilton? :roll:

But if money doesn't buy happiness like people say, than shouldn't she deserve compassion regardless if she's rich or not?

George_Washington said:
See, this is the problem. The masses tend to think that really rich people have no hardships and whatever happens to them, it's OK, cause they are so rich. Just because someone's rich doesn't mean they don't have feelings.

It's not because she's rich. I have no animosity towards most other celebrities and multi-millionaires. It's more to do with:
1. She's a skank.
2. The only reason she's famous is for being a skank.

Also, I do somewhat resent trust-fund babies who are too busy getting drunk/syphillis to contibute to society at all.

Last edited:
vergiss said:
Also, I do somewhat resent trust-fund babies who are too busy getting drunk/syphillis to contibute to society at all.

Why do you resent them? I don't resent them per se. I don't respect lazy people a whole lot but that doesn't mean I actually hold anamosity towards them. I think most people who do inherit large sums of money most likely do try to still contribute to society in one form or another.

George_Washington said:
Why do you resent them? I don't resent them per se. I don't respect lazy people a whole lot but that doesn't mean I actually hold anamosity towards them. I think most people who do inherit large sums of money most likely do try to still contribute to society in one form or another.

Yes, but it's those who don't that I have a problem with.

vergiss said:
Yes, but it's those who don't that I have a problem with.
Yep....I think we should get rid of em....

"I saw the ad for electric scissors during an episode of The Simple Life, which is a show that glorifies these two rich, giggling c*nts who have no respect for anybody -- just vile people, awful human beings who get away with everything because they're rich...and then the blonde one'll blow you, apparently. But here's the thing: I saw that ad for electric scissors during one of the highest-rated shows in America, about these two rich f***in' mean pieces of sh**, and I vowed that I'm gonna retain that image every time I hear President Bush say 'The terrorists hate our freedom.' You know what? I hate our freedom. Me. Little old me, I'm an American (and) I f***in' hate it. We are assholes, man."
-David Cross

the simple life was and is probably the worst show ever to burden my t.v. I watched one episode and was disgusted. they went to a farm house and their poor host actually believed that they could work. He gave them the job of filling up milk bottles. When they fell behind and decided that it was taking too long they decided that it would be quicker to fill them half full and then fill up the rest with water.....This is an actual person whose life they are f!#$ing with!!! He lost all the milk they spilled and all of the milk that was watered down!!! Now to be fair they may have paid for it off camera but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom