• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you favor sporting events instead being converted to political protest events?

Do you favor sport events instead being converted to police protest events?

• Total voters
You have to fast forward past the entire event to avoid the social claptrap of the NBA.

Good point. That's a lot of social propaganda on the floor.

The NFL is supposed to have social messages in the end zones.
Fortunately the fans don't look down on the end zones the entire game.

Yep, this is the same response that thrills black athletes everywhere. You're telling the players to "quit whining about innocent people being murdered, shut up and entertain you". I don't think professional sports teams are going to miss your viewership!

If they're going to whine about black people being murdered then why don't they protest the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks during the entire year? Don't BLACK LIVES MATTER if they are murdered by other blacks?
Or is that simply to racist to be a question?

Ha ha, well, I find it sort of gross to see people annoyed by a part of our population who feel mistreated, and abused. I would hope people would be understanding, and try to help, not complain of how hard it is to ignore.

Tell me, how hard is it for you to ignore the thousands of black people murdered by other blacks during an entire year in the big cities? Or, in your mind, those black people really don't matter because they weren't killed by some white cop?
Let's not forget the small black children murdered by thugs because they happened to be in the line of fire?
Do those black lives matter to anyone?

Tell me, how hard is it for you to ignore the thousands of black people murdered by other blacks during an entire year in the big cities? Or, in your mind, those black people really don't matter because they weren't killed by some white cop?
Let's not forget the small black children murdered by thugs because they happened to be in the line of fire?
Do those black lives matter to anyone?

Of course, they do, but they aren't specific to black people. There are white, Hispanic, Asian, and black gangs in every city. Why, well that's another thread but we could fix it if we were in fact the greatest country we claim to be. Other countries have solved it way better than America.

But, we aren't talking about inner-city gang violence, we are talking about police using excessive force on ALL black people. Why? Because they are assumed to be thugs. Or, a disproportionate amount of force, like that which was used on the man who was selling cigarettes in NYC which ended up killing him for selling cigarettes on the street. Or a black man jogging through a neighborhood and people assuming he's running from a crime scene and shooting him.

The punishment doesn't equal the crime, and police are giving it, not a court of law. Why wouldn't they bring attention to this? Why wouldn't they want it corrected?

Have you actually listened? Nobody is just trying to annoy you. Look into it, you might agree there is a problem that needs attention instead of just being annoyed by protesters and activists.

NO.

It would be wonderful if people declined to attend athletic events until all the political nonsense was removed.

Then those pampered athletes would have a choice: Just do your job and entertain the people, or go out and get a real job.

At a restaurant yesterday the TV was playing an NBA game, which was instead a continuous protest rally the entire time:

1. The NBA, like many other sporting corporations, converted the game to a protest against covid-19 requirements to wear masks and social distancing.
100% of the players and coaches demonstrated the entire time their absolute refusal to wear masks or social distancing both during the game and not during the game, including hugging, handshaking etc. Given professional athletes are the healthiest of all and not in any risk group, it is reasonable for all of us to equally refuse to wear masks or social distancing joining with the NBA to protest masks and social distancing guideline.

2. A 2 hour protest of the police with all wearing protest shirts.

Until this year, sporting events where were and how people could escape from life's troubles including politics for a while, and were notably pro-American. Now many to most professional sporting events instead are political protest events.

Sporting events should not be converted into political protest events. There are actually appropriate places to protest. For example if you are protesting alleged police brutality then the appropriate place to protest would be outside a police station, city hall, the city council offices, mayor's office and police chief's office if those offices are not in city hall.Those are the places where the people who agree to the police union contracts are. I am pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, and anti-illegal immigration I do not want to see pro-life t-shirts or any other political t-shirts on wal-mart, lowes, Harborfreight, or Home Depot employees while I am out shopping. Those stores are not dependent on those issues. Now certain types of businesses I would be okay with them being political. Like if gun store employees were wearing NRA, GOA or any other pro-2nd amendment group t-shirts. Because their business depends on customers being able to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. Or if a marijuana dispensary employees were promoting upcoming pro-marijuana legislation that might be happening. Because their business depends on people buying their products. Unless there are upcoming laws capping how much NBA, football and baseball players can make then they really have no business protesting while on the clock.

I dont care since I dont like either sporting events or political rallies/protests. Doesnt affect me.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

NO.

It would be wonderful if people declined to attend athletic events until all the political nonsense was removed.

Then those pampered athletes would have a choice: Just do your job and entertain the people, or go out and get a real job.

People support the protests

There is no reason for someone not to enjoy a sporting event due to the players showing solidarity against racism and injustice - unless that someone has a guilty conscience.
I’m not a sports enthusiast but whenever I go to a concert I go to hear the artist perform, not preach. Whatever he/she does on or off the stage is fine.

2 minutes of silent kneeling wont kill anyone

Only to someone who's in denial of their hatred of black people and their guilt over being that way.

yeah, that's it. Anyone objective hates black folks.

LOL, you really need to get out into the world and lean a thing or two, your posts sound pathetically juvenile. All extreme emotion, nothing reasoned nor contemplative. A tool of your tribe, one who could never be of real value.

Peace

People support the protests

Oh, yes: SOME people support the protests, and some people SAY they support them because it's the smart thing to do in this political atmosphere.

Some people, of course, are (silently) furious with the protests. I hope they decline to attend and to kneel.

Have a nice day!

Oh, yes: SOME people support the protests, and some people SAY they support them because it's the smart thing to do in this political atmosphere.

Some people, of course, are (silently) furious with the protests. I hope they decline to attend and to kneel.

Have a nice day!

Most people support them. That is why the leagues are getting on board

If they're going to whine about black people being murdered then why don't they protest the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks during the entire year? Don't BLACK LIVES MATTER if they are murdered by other blacks?
Or is that simply to racist to be a question?

Yeah deflect to that. That way you won't have to face the systematic racism that's existed in police department for centuries.

I’m not a sports enthusiast but whenever I go to a concert I go to hear the artist perform, not preach. Whatever he/she does on or off the stage is fine.

Well, I'm sorry your sensibilities are so offended by people recognizing centuries of abuse.

Well, I'm sorry your sensibilities are so offended by people recognizing centuries of abuse.
I don’t object to that at all. I object to paying for something I didn’t ask for. Now if they offered a disclaimer on their tickets stating be advised that I may talk politics then that would give me the choice.

I don’t object to that at all. I object to paying for something I didn’t ask for. Now if they offered a disclaimer on their tickets stating be advised that I may talk politics then that would give me the choice.

How cow some people are sensitive

At a restaurant yesterday the TV was playing an NBA game, which was instead a continuous protest rally the entire time:

1. The NBA, like many other sporting corporations, converted the game to a protest against covid-19 requirements to wear masks and social distancing.
100% of the players and coaches demonstrated the entire time their absolute refusal to wear masks or social distancing both during the game and not during the game, including hugging, handshaking etc. Given professional athletes are the healthiest of all and not in any risk group, it is reasonable for all of us to equally refuse to wear masks or social distancing joining with the NBA to protest masks and social distancing guideline.

2. A 2 hour protest of the police with all wearing protest shirts.

Until this year, sporting events where were and how people could escape from life's troubles including politics for a while, and were notably pro-American. Now many to most professional sporting events instead are political protest events.

You should have added one more option: Don't care. I choose that one.

What's curious is that you voluntarily spend your time on a political debate forum. If you're experiencing political overexposure, why not skip DP, so that you will be less triggered when watching your favorite sporting events? :)

You must be very sensitive

Look, I offered a viewpoint on the subject based on principle. If you think your ad Homs are going to win the day you’re barking up the wrong tree. Sensitive? Sounds like projection.

Look, I offered a viewpoint on the subject based on principle. If you think your ad Homs are going to win the day you’re barking up the wrong tree. Sensitive? Sounds like projection.

3 minutes of kneeling.

My post stands

Back
Top Bottom