• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you do Twitter?

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Do you do Twitter?

If so, what do you get out of it?

I do not. I have heard a couple people give explanations how it works well for them, but what they do is not in my realm, and I see no reason to even have an account*.

A friend of mine keeps inviting me to accept his invitation, but I see no point in setting up an account that I will most likely never ever go check.

*-I did set one up for my photography business about three years ago, tweeted twice, and never touched it again. I do not have a personal account.

No... I'm not a Twitter'er.

Nope. :2wave:

No. Twitter is worse than Facebook, insofar that it takes the worst aspects of Facebook and isolates it.

People with Twitter accounts suffer a delusion that people give a damn what they think about anything. If you're a celebrity of some sort, that I get. People care about what celebrities do...for what reason, I'm not sure.

However, if you're Joe Schmo, nobody gives a good hot damn when you're hungry or have to go to the bathroom or what movie you watched last Saturday.

Yes. I use Twitter and Facebook differently. Facebook is to keep in touch with friends, post personal pictures, talk about your day, --- light conversations.

Twitter is a whole other ballgame. Twitter is the place where breaking news happens. Twitter is the place where you can argue with a celebrity about politics. Twitter is the ultimate "soundbite" arena. Since your characters are limited, it's a quick take on what you and others think on different subjects. I don't use it for "Hey - I'm eating some watermelon and then I'm going to go ride my bike!" I use it for news and politics.

Facebook -- friends and family (don't talk politics or religion unless you want to start a fight).
Twitter -- everyone else

For me, Twitter is a lot like this forum.....only more chaotic. :)

I have an account and follow people but don't tweet much. I sometimes use it as snapshot of opinions on breaking news or for humor as there are some pretty witty people commenting on whatever is trending.

Do you do Twitter?

If so, what do you get out of it?

I do not. I have heard a couple people give explanations how it works well for them, but what they do is not in my realm, and I see no reason to even have an account*.

A friend of mine keeps inviting me to accept his invitation, but I see no point in setting up an account that I will most likely never ever go check.

*-I did set one up for my photography business about three years ago, tweeted twice, and never touched it again. I do not have a personal account.

Hell no. Nobody gives a **** what I'm doing every minute of my life. Hell, even *I* don't care about what I'm doing all day, every day. :lol:

I think many people have the misconception that Twitter is only about talking about what you're doing every second of the day. I follow hundreds of people and the vast majority of them don't do that.

I think many people have the misconception that Twitter is only about talking about what you're doing every second of the day. I follow hundreds of people and the vast majority of them don't do that.

I've tried twitter and Facebook. Perhaps I was only following people who had delusions of grandeur, because that's why they used it.

Mostly people who had to post every second of their babies and toddlers lives. Some if them it was constant. I mean, touch on firsts if so inclined..but "junior used the potty for four days in a row! Yay Timmy!".

I've tried twitter and Facebook. Perhaps I was only following people who had delusions of grandeur, because that's why they used it.

Mostly people who had to post every second of their babies and toddlers lives. Some if them it was constant. I mean, touch on firsts if so inclined..but "junior used the potty for four days in a row! Yay Timmy!".

That's why I don't follow my personal friends on Twitter (unless they love talking politics like me). I follow news reporters, commentators, celebrities, news sites.... then you'll start finding people who are talking about what you like to talk about and your feed will soon be filled with Debate Politics-like tweets. :)

That's why I don't follow my personal friends on Twitter (unless they love talking politics like me). I follow news reporters, commentators, celebrities, news sites.... then you'll start finding people who are talking about what you like to talk about and your feed will soon be filled with Debate Politics-like tweets. :)

What's Jenna Jameson's Twitter handle again?

I tried it. I followed Simon Pegg, Alton Brown, Peter Serafinowicz and a few others. I kept forgetting to go back and read their tweets. Is that the only way you can do it, is actively remember to go to the website? Because I forget to do that.

If you want to register for Twitter and get political/news tweets, I suggest following....

Michelle Malkin
Dana Loesch
Greg Gutfeld
Toure
Melissa Harris Perry
Piers Morgan
CNN
NBC
MSNBC
FOX News
Slate
HuffPo
TheBlaze
Media Matters
Think Progress
Freedom Works

(Or just follow "your side" if you want) :)

I tried it. I followed Simon Pegg, Alton Brown, Peter Serafinowicz and a few others. I kept forgetting to go back and read their tweets. Is that the only way you can do it, is actively remember to go to the website? Because I forget to do that.

If you want to read their tweets, you need to go to Twitter, yes. Is that what you're asking?

If you want to read their tweets, you need to go to Twitter, yes. Is that what you're asking?

:lol: Yeah, I guess so. That's why I never did well with Twitter. I can't remember to go to the website.

I do Facebook, and enjoy it.

I generally prefer my political discussion to be more discussion-like, such as here at DP.

If I ever do try Twitter, I'll probably check that aspect out.

:lol: Yeah, I guess so. That's why I never did well with Twitter. I can't remember to go to the website.

Yeah, if you want to participate in the actions or events on a website you have to actually go to the website.....

Yeah, if you want to participate in the actions or events on a website you have to actually go to the website.....

:lol: :moon:

Yeah I just thought that it'd be something like, once you subscribe to like a thread on FB, you get constant updates. I thought it would be similar to the same thing. Something like you look down on your phone, and there's a tweet or something.

:lol: :moon:

Yeah I just thought that it'd be something like, once you subscribe to like a thread on FB, you get constant updates. I thought it would be similar to the same thing. Something like you look down on your phone, and there's a tweet or something.

You can download Twitter to your phone... There's an app for that. :)

i use it from time to time, but i haven't gotten involved in too many threads on there. i like message boards better for that. i mostly just use it to post little observations about life and other stuff i come up with.

No.

Wait. Let me reconsider....okay, I've reconsidered.

Hell No!

Back
Top Bottom