• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you call yourself pro-abortion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Thousands of pro-choice people are taking to Twitter to announce that #Iamproabortion after the Roe reversal.

Some have written articles about it:

Yes. I find humans to be, for the most part, greedy, selfish, shortsighted, and self centered.

The fewer of us there are, the better this planet will be.

Why would I be pro or con abortion? I've never even thought about it. Guys can't have abortions can they? That should be between a woman and her doctor.

Absolutely YES.

My No. 1 hero is Ms. Margaret Sanger, who fought for the right of women to decide how many children they wanted.

And if family planning doesn't work, then an abortion is the only alternative if she does not wish to give birth and let someone adopt the baby.

She has the final say.

I am pro-choice. Abortion is a morally complicated issue and banning it has a lot of ramifications. It is an issue that, particularly early in the pregnancy, should be left to the mother, her family, her faith, and her doctor. The ramifications of banning abortion are absolutely abhorrent and that is when you look at the countries that ban abortion, that isn't a club we want to be in.

Calling myself "pro-abortion" would be like calling myself "pro-triple bypass surgery." I'm not a doctor, so I'm really not the best guy to tell you if you need a triple bypass surgery. However, I definitely think you should be able to get a triple bypass surgery if you and your doctor agree you should have one.

And as for whether a woman wants to come to term or not: I can't imagine how that would be any of my business. Being "pro-abortion" would be assuming I have the right to tell her not to have a child. I can't imagine anyone having that kind of hubris.

I don't call myself that but in the current cultural climate I've no problem with the label.

I am anti-State interference in something as significant as a woman's bodily integrity, and the choices she makes about it.

No, I am just pro-choice. Pro-abortion means I would strongly recommend it to any young woman and want all pregnant teenagers get them. I always hope women choose to carry their pregnancies to term unless an abortion is medically necessary.

I don't call myself that but in the current cultural climate I've no problem with the label.

I am anti-State interference in something as significant as a woman's bodily integrity, and the choices she makes about it.
Ditto.

I'm pro people having the right to their own bodies.

I agree in most circumstances.

However, I only partly agree when it comes to abortions.

Why? As I have stated over and over, at some point in the process that "thing" becomes a human being. It is not simply a "growth" to be treated like a cancer, it is the first stage of a human life. That the process can be divided into 3 phases, i.e. "trimesters" of approximately 3 months each.

I agree with full choice during the 1st Trimester, as the developing cells have yet to reach a stage one could rightly be called "independent life."

I accept that for a short period near the beginning of the 2nd Trimester, this development is still incomplete enough to allow for removal. However, at some point (perhaps 1/3 of the way through) it has reached a stage where it could be called a human being.

From that point on and through the 3rd trimester, absent either risk of serious injury to/death of the mother OR evidence of a significant defect indicating the child is not likely to survive functionally, abortion is not allowed.

I call myself pro-women.

Thousands of pro-choice people are taking to Twitter to announce that #Iamproabortion after the Roe reversal.

I don’t call myself anything. Abortion doesn’t make my list of issues or priorities I use in deciding who’ll I vote for. Makes no difference to me if a candidate is pro-choice or pro-life. Although I feel if a woman wants to have an abortion or become a prostitute or celibate nun, it’s her body and her choice. But as for voting purposes, none of that comes into play. You can classify me as you wish. I think there’s more folks out there like me who just don’t give an owl’s hoot about abortion one way or the other when it comes to making one’s voting choices.

Yes. I find humans to be, for the most part, greedy, selfish, shortsighted, and self centered.

The fewer of us there are, the better this planet will be.
If you approach it from Life beginning at conception, so what? The soil mourns the loss of the weeds. Anyone who would consider an abortion is a weed. Cow has a heartbeat, so does a chicken.

Still, on the moral approach, at the benediction of God, the sacred office of childbirth, should not be lightly or categorically denied.

Thus it is that we all have manifest this Court and rulings.

If you approach it from Life beginning at conception, so what? The soil mourns the loss of the weeds. Anyone who would consider an abortion is a weed. Cow has a heartbeat, so does a chicken.

Still, on the moral approach, at the benediction of God, the sacred office of childbirth, should not be lightly or categorically denied.

Thus it is that we all have manifest this Court and rulings.
A sentiment you are free to live by. It's when you make everyone else live by it that we have a problem.

Another one? LOL!
In a perfect world, or...?

Your question is remarkably like your "abortion up until moments before full term delivery" emphasis.

Former Ted Cruz hire, Alice Stewart @ 1:00, "...I think it's important, the other option is what democrats want. Democrats are fine with abortion up to delivery! That's unfathomable..."

Millions of hyper indoctrinated authoritarians are under the control of bullshit like this,

....Christ Hospital controversy​

Stanek gained initial prominence in 1999 when she testified that, while she worked at Christ Hospital, infants that survived induced labor abortions were abandoned to die in a utility room. These allegations led to a formal investigation by the Illinois Department of Public Health, which stated that the hospital violated no state laws. A Christ Hospital spokesman admitted "that between 10 percent and 20 percent of fetuses with genetic defects that are aborted survive for short periods outside the womb." Shortly thereafter, Advocate Health Care changed its policy on induced labor abortions, barring its use against fetuses with non-lethal developmental issues. Stanek was fired by Christ Hospital in 2001, for allegedly "taking photographs inside the hospital and misrepresenting the hospital on a television program."

At the signing ceremony for the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act in 2002, President George W. Bush named Stanek in his speech, publicly thanking her for being in attendance.

Stanek ran for the Republican nomination for the Illinois House of Representatives in 2002, on a pro-life platform, but was defeated.

Since 2003, Stanek has been a regular columnist for WorldNetDaily and her analysis and opinions are frequently referenced in the context of the abortion issue.

As of 2017, Stanek was the national campaign chair of the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion organisation.

Criticism of Barack Obama​

Stanek generated national news during the 2008 Presidential campaign when publicizing Barack Obama's four votes against Illinois' Born Alive Infants Protection Act while state senator, as well as his state senate floor testimony.[5] She posted a vote tally on her blog showing that, during a March 12, 2003, meeting of the Illinois State Senate's Health and Human Services Committee, Committee Chairman Barack Obama prevented the passage of an amendment to Bill 1082 that would have conveyed "the rights of personhood upon any fetus expelled or extracted from the womb if that fetus was capable of breathing or voluntary motion."

Last edited:
A sentiment you are free to live by. It's when you make everyone else live by it that we have a problem.
Well, I don't know anyone else's perspective, but it would seem Universal not to call your embryo your body.

What are we going to do with the moral outrage?

What kind of world do we want to re-embody in? A world of weeds, or one where you're aborted?

I wouldn't ban late term abortions, I would apply a small penalty for those without medical or other excuse, such as a husband dying or losing a job etc. Boarder line cases can answer to court for the small penalty (15-60 days depending on term and state), for both parents, double for the male if he doesn't submit to a DNA test. If you don't have an excuse, just pay the penalty, for waiting. Isn't that a lot more like life than pro-choice or abortion?

Call me old fashioned, but I’m still pro-choice. I still believe that abortion should be legal, safe & rate.

Well, I don't know anyone else's perspective, but it would seem Universal not to call your embryo your body.

What are we going to do with the moral outrage?

What kind of world do we want to re-embody in? A world of weeds, or one where you're aborted?

I wouldn't ban late term abortions, I would apply a small penalty for those without medical or other excuse, such as a husband dying or losing a job etc. Boarder line cases can answer to court for the small penalty (15-60 days depending on term and state), for both parents, double for the male if he doesn't submit to a DNA test. If you don't have an excuse, just pay the penalty, for waiting. Isn't that a lot more like life than pro-choice or abortion?

...Boarder line cases can answer to court for the small penalty (15-60 days depending on term and state), for both parents, double for the male if he doesn't submit to a DNA test.
Are you referring to, "do-it-yourselfers." or...? What other areas do you wish to eliminate privacy protections of? Should every embryo enjoy a court appointed advocate? If so, at what stage of gestation? Can fetuses be sued or criminally investigated or have bank accounts in their names?

Why not just keep "penalty appliers" out of such personal care and leave it to women and their doctors, as Canada manages to do? Are the doctors not licensed and otherwise regulated sufficiently?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom