• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you call yourself pro-abortion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thousands of pro-choice people are taking to Twitter to announce that #Iamproabortion after the Roe reversal.

Some have written articles about it:

You should have asked, are you anti choice?

Absolutely YES.

My No. 1 hero is Ms. Margaret Sanger, who fought for the right of women to decide how many children they wanted.

And if family planning doesn't work, then an abortion is the only alternative if she does not wish to give birth and let someone adopt the baby.

She has the final say.

Margaret Sanger was a strong abortion OPPONENT. She started Planned Parenthood to do the other stuff - family planning, sex education, etc. Not to make it an abortion machine.

*Shaking my head* Really, @Josie? Another poll on this topic? Can you really just not help yourself?

Why not just keep "penalty appliers" out of such personal care and leave it to women and their doctors, as Canada manages to do? Are the doctors not licensed and otherwise regulated sufficiently?
No more damage than weeding the garden?

Sure.

All you need to do is win in 2022.

And there'll be a bloody future.

No, there has to be a price.

I am pro-choice.

Margaret Sanger was a strong abortion OPPONENT. She started Planned Parenthood to do the other stuff - family planning, sex education, etc. Not to make it an abortion machine.
When abortion services are prohibited or diminished by harassing politicians and occupiers of perimeters of women's health services providers, availability of all women's health services diminishes. The indifference to and even encouragement of such predictable and inevitable outcomes confirms that anti choice is indifferent to life and control is the obsession. The twelve state governments refusing to expand medicaid are among those with least available access to women's health services of the identical portion of their populations they are working now to capture in their jurisdictions, the ones too poor to afford to travel out of the grasps of the enforcement authorities in those states. A reasonable Court would not support an obvious religiously supported class, race, gender biased assault on civil and other equal rights.

Last edited:
Thousands of pro-choice people are taking to Twitter to announce that #Iamproabortion after the Roe reversal.

I am pro choice.

I believe the government has no say in a women's decision either way (save for in the last months).

I prefer an abortion not be needed therefore I am not pro abortion.

No more damage than weeding the garden?

Sure.

All you need to do is win in 2022.

And there'll be a bloody future.

No, there has to be a price.
Jesus, you are an authoritarian piece of work, aren't you? And you didn't answer any of my other questions.

"...MATTHEWS: How do you ban abortion? How do you actually do it?

TRUMP: Well, you know, you go back to a position like they had
where people will perhaps go to illegal places—

MATTHEWS: Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no as a principle?

TRUMP: The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment.

MATTHEWS: For the woman.

TRUMP: Yeah, there has to be some form.

MATTHEWS: Ten years? What?

TRUMP: I don’t know. That I don’t know. That I don’t know.

MATTHEWS: Why not?

TRUMP: I don’t know.

MATTHEWS: You take positions on everything else.

TRUMP: Because I don’t want to—I, frankly, I do take positions on everything else. It’s a very complicated position.

TRUMP: No, no—

MATTHEWS: I’m not.

TRUMP: Chris—Chris.

MATTHEWS: I’m asking you, what should a woman face if she chooses to have an abortion?

TRUMP: I’m not going to do that.

TRUMP: I’m not going to play that game.

MATTHEWS: Game?

TRUMP: You have—

MATTHEWS: You said you’re pro-life.

TRUMP: I am pro-life.

MATTHEWS: That means banning abortion.

TRUMP: With exceptions. I am pro-life. I have not determined what the punishment would be.

TRUMP: Because I haven’t determined it.

MATTHEWS: When you decide to be pro-life, you should have thought of it before.

TRUMP: It will have to be determined.

MATTHEWS: A fine, imprisonment for a young woman who finds herself pregnant?

TRUMP: It will have to be determined.

Later I asked Trump about the man responsible for the pregnancy.

MATTHEWS: What about the guy that gets her pregnant? Is he responsible under the law for these abortions? Or is he not responsible for an abortion?

TRUMP: Well, it hasn’t—it hasn’t—different feelings, different people. I would say no.

MATTHEWS: Well, they’re usually involved.

Following the Wisconsin town meeting, Trump’s campaign put out a statement saying that the “pro-life” position believes that the person performing the procedure should be punished.

Notwithstanding that staff-written clarification, the man who campaigned as “pro-life” thought the end of Roe v. Wade would mean “punishment” for the woman."

Anyone who is pro-life should be a foster parent or a parent of an adoptee.

With respect:

RU-486?

Jesus, you are an authoritarian piece of work, aren't you? And you didn't answer any of my other questions.

"...MATTHEWS: How do you ban abortion? How do you actually do it?

TRUMP: Well, you know, you go back to a position like they had where people will perhaps go to illegal places—

MATTHEWS: Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no as a principle?

TRUMP: The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment.

MATTHEWS: For the woman.

TRUMP: Yeah, there has to be some form.

MATTHEWS: Ten years? What?
Ya, well, Trump's opinion is ****.

You can't apply ten years for a common problem, and we're talking about the male, but must the female also, because she holds the scepter over him.

That's why I say fifteen to sixty days depending on trimester or State.

Still pro choice.

No penalty first fifteen weeks.

Or if she or he are in the processing of adoption.
1656816817208.jpeg

A Raja Risi (Saintly King) is better than a Democracy, but a Democracy is better than a King.

I don't understand the point of calling one's self pro-abortion instead of pro-choice, unless they are drawing the distinction that some/all people should have abortions even if they don't want to. Which is incredibly misanthropic and a violation of human rights. I think it's a combination of some sociopaths who actually hold that view, and some edgelords who think that "pro-abortion" sounds more hardcore than "pro-choice" and want to get a rise out of people.

I am in favor of women being able to get abortions if they don't want a kid, which makes me pro-choice. But I have no opinion on whether any individual woman should get an abortion, so I wouldn't say I'm pro-abortion.

I do think, as a general rule, that the world is facing a serious underpopulation problem, so it would be better for society if more people had more kids.

Back
Top Bottom