• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe we are living in the end times?

We disagree. I've gone over it with you 2 or 3 times now. I think the case that was presented is very valid.

I am sure you do. However, so many people who think it is a prophecy for Jesus came up with so many different solutions, other than you proclamining you think your solution is superior, there is nothing to show a difference between them.

I am sure you do. However, so many people who think it is a prophecy for Jesus came up with so many different solutions, other than you proclamining you think your solution is superior, there is nothing to show a difference between them.

Smarter less biased people will see a difference.

To clarify, smart and unbiased people may not agree with my interpretations of the Daniel prophecy but they will comprehend that the dates of 3 Apr 458 BC, 1 Apr 33 AD, and 1844 AD were not pulled out of thin air or retrofitted to make the prophecy come out like Ramoss has charged. And smart and unbiased people do not support supposed evidences just because it supports their own biases without having the ability to vet the evidences such as Ramoss and TheGoverness have shown over and over in their posts on this site. Smart people will see how they loved the evidence that purports to show the Book of Daniel is anachronistic to the time period it claims to derive from and yet have shown no evidence they are qualified to vet the evidence for those claims.

To clarify, smart and unbiased people may not agree with my interpretations of the Daniel prophecy but they will comprehend that the dates of 3 Apr 458 BC, 1 Apr 33 AD, and 1844 AD were not pulled out of thin air or retrofitted to make the prophecy come out like Ramoss has charged. And smart and unbiased people do not support supposed evidences just because it supports their own biases without having the ability to vet the evidences such as Ramoss and TheGoverness have shown over and over in their posts on this site. Smart people will see how they loved the evidence that purports to show the Book of Daniel is anachronistic to the time period it claims to derive from and yet have shown no evidence they are qualified to vet the evidence for those claims.

On the contrary.. they will see that those dates were chosen for reasons other than what was written in daniel, and then things were examined to find justification. The fact there are so many different justifications , and different start dates and end dates for the 'prophecy' shows that the claimed prophecy suffers from enough vaguness that anything can be retrofitted to make it fit.

The end times to the present system of things ready to enter into the Millennium?? probably.

A few days ago, I watched a documentary called Waiting for Armageddon. My reaction to it was that it was really good. It provided interesting insight into the complex beliefs, and many of people in it sounded like a few Christians I know.

One scene especially reminds me of somebody I know. She said she does not expect to experience becoming a grandma. Then she sat down at a table with the bible and her two teenage daughters and proclaimed, "All of the prophecies have been fulfilled... every single one!" Then had a dire conversation with them about the coming end.

Well, today, I checked the mail and I got a pamphlet and invite to a Christian event about about the end times, the prophecies, the bible, and all things related. I started to wonder how common this belief is.

And if you think the end is coming, are you worried or stressed out? It seems like something you shouldn't be preoccupied with if you think you will be saved. I don't understand the intense focus many Christians have on the concept.

Another group of people in the documentary seemed excited about the end coming, and want to encourage events in Israel believing it will trigger the end.

Thoughts?

"But understand this, that in the last days terrible times will come. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."

~II Timothy, 3:1-3:5

Sound familiar?

What people claim to be the Antichrist, as depicted in Daniel, was actually Antiochus Epiphanes. The beast of Revelations is not the same thing, although some Biblical scholars say that Antiochus was an archetype of the beast yet to come.

"But understand this, that in the last days terrible times will come. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."

Sound familiar?

It sounds like the last 3000 years of civilzation, actually.

Not at all. Though if the Moshiach appears that will be something for all human beings to celebrate. Certainly not something to be afraid of, whether you are a believer or not.

Sound familiar?

These are Crhistians, of course. The rest of us can sit back and enjoy the show.

What people claim to be the Antichrist, as depicted in Daniel, was actually Antiochus Epiphanes. The beast of Revelations is not the same thing, although some Biblical scholars say that Antiochus was an archetype of the beast yet to come.

Lost me there. I've never tried to make an interpretation on the beast and antichrist in Daniel and Revelations. Personally I don't give much credence to pretty much anyone's interpretations of those type of prophecies whether they have advanced degrees from prestigious institutions or religious theologians of all the myriad of sects. I think the key to understanding those verses is the Holy Ghost, personal revelation. I trust the LDS canonized scriptures, the prophet and apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when speaking by the power of the Holy Ghost in an authorized fashion, and personal revelation from God.

I sure do believe it and I am just waiting for the fulfillment of this...

"Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape. 1 Thess. 5:1-3

Then I'll know this fulfillment is shortly to follow...

"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
The righteous will possess the earth,
And they will live forever on it. Psalm 37:10,11,29

A few days ago, I watched a documentary called Waiting for Armageddon. My reaction to it was that it was really good. It provided interesting insight into the complex beliefs, and many of people in it sounded like a few Christians I know.

One scene especially reminds me of somebody I know. She said she does not expect to experience becoming a grandma. Then she sat down at a table with the bible and her two teenage daughters and proclaimed, "All of the prophecies have been fulfilled... every single one!" Then had a dire conversation with them about the coming end.

Well, today, I checked the mail and I got a pamphlet and invite to a Christian event about about the end times, the prophecies, the bible, and all things related. I started to wonder how common this belief is.

And if you think the end is coming, are you worried or stressed out? It seems like something you shouldn't be preoccupied with if you think you will be saved. I don't understand the intense focus many Christians have on the concept.

Another group of people in the documentary seemed excited about the end coming, and want to encourage events in Israel believing it will trigger the end.

Thoughts?

I'm living my own end-times right now. If I am lucky, I'll squeeze out 35 more years, with probably the last 10 really feeling like the end is nigh. I'm banking on 20 more without any issues. And, that is far too short, while probably being overly optimistic.

The world? No. It's not coming to an end any time soon. But, it's gonna change. A lot.

No rapture for me...I hope to be one of the great crowd who Revelation 7:9,14 talks about...my hope is to live right here on a paradise earth...

"Look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb [Jesus Christ, who died as if a sacrificial lamb], dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: ‘Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Back
Top Bottom