• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe that Partial Birth Abortion should be Legal?

Do you believe that Partial Birth Abortion should be legal?

• Yes, in all cases, its the woman's right.

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • No, Never.

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Only when the mother's life is endangered.

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters
Columbusite said:
I really don't think they exist. I can't imagine anyone who would want to do it for the sake of just doing it. But then again, there's probably someone out there who would, but I don't know if that person frequents this particular website.

Yes, but what I can't understand is someone who would care to think that Woman should sacrifice themselves if they are not healthy enough to carry out the pregnancy.

Thats like telling all Women that thier only usefulness in this world is to bear children, and if they can't perform this function, they should die trying.

Why is PBA even an issue? I have had this debate with extreme feminists and they scream and yell a whole bunch, but I've never heard why - even if abortion is totally legal up until, say, 30 weeks, why it can't be banned after that - unless mom is in danger of dying or whatever. What's the deal? I've NEVER gotten a straight answer on this, just a lot of screaming and emoting.

Naheeh said:
Why is PBA even an issue? I have had this debate with extreme feminists and they scream and yell a whole bunch, but I've never heard why - even if abortion is totally legal up until, say, 30 weeks, why it can't be banned after that - unless mom is in danger of dying or whatever. What's the deal? I've NEVER gotten a straight answer on this, just a lot of screaming and emoting.

That depends on if you were clear on it not being a total ban. I think that would cause confunsion.

Caine said:
I also see three republicans there, and one independant who voted Nay.
Ahem... Thanks for the link..rofl....

Yeah there are a couple of Liberal Republicans from the North East but how many dems voted for that murderous act?

Navy Pride said:
Yeah there are a couple of Liberal Republicans from the North East but how many dems voted for that murderous act?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this a total ban on this specific form of abortion?

Navy Pride said:

I don't know, and I don't care, I didn't vote Yes in full support of the act on this board.... I voted only in the case of the mother's life being in danger.

As you can read in the actual Text of the Legislation, the bill states that.....

Bill Legislation Text said:
This subsection does not apply to a partial-birth abortion that is necessary to save the life of a mother whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness, or physical injury, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself.

Columbusite said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this a total ban on this specific form of abortion?

Some Liberal judge ruled the lhe law unconstitutional and it will go to the SCOTUS later this year.........

I don't know, and I don't care, I didn't vote Yes in full support of the act on this board.... I voted only in the case of the mother's life being in danger.

So did I.....

Navy Pride said:
Some Liberal judge ruled the lhe law unconstitutional and it will go to the SCOTUS later this year.........

Well, I hope the legislation is upheld by the Supreme Court.

Caine said:
Well, I hope the legislation is upheld by the Supreme Court.

I think it will be, especially if Meirs is confirmed and I think she will be.

Navy Pride said:
I think it will be, especially if Meirs is confirmed and I think she will be.

Of course a Born Again Christian would....
You ever met one of these people? These people are NUTS.
I used to work with one in the Army. He would make SERIOUS (not joking around like alot of dumb ass soldiers do) claims that all gays should be killed on sight for being evil sinners, and he agrees with the bombing of Abortion Clinics.

Caine said:
Of course a Born Again Christian would....
You ever met one of these people? These people are NUTS.
I used to work with one in the Army. He would make SERIOUS (not joking around like alot of dumb ass soldiers do) claims that all gays should be killed on sight for being evil sinners, and he agrees with the bombing of Abortion Clinics.

So because you have one then you paint all born again Christians with the same brush? Did you know that President Carter was a born again Christian?

Is he nuts too?

Navy Pride said:
So because you have one then you paint all born again Christians with the same brush? Did you know that President Carter was a born again Christian?

Is he nuts too?
I wouldn't know... I wasn't alive back then.
I just don't trust overly-religious people on the Supreme Court.
As much as they try, they are GOING to make a decision based off of thier religious philosophy. I don't want someone else's religious philosophy determining the outcome of cases where rights could be given (ya right) or taken away (most likely).

Caine said:
I wouldn't know... I wasn't alive back then.
I just don't trust overly-religious people on the Supreme Court.
As much as they try, they are GOING to make a decision based off of thier religious philosophy. I don't want someone else's religious philosophy determining the outcome of cases where rights could be given (ya right) or taken away (most likely).

Do you have to be born during a certain time to have and opinion on it? You were not born during the Vietnam Conflict but you seem to have and opinion on that......

I don't know of any Supreme Court Judges who are atheists...

How do you know she will do that? President Bush is a Conservative and when your president you get to choose the judges........I did not hear you whine when Clinton picked Ginsberg a big Liberal.............

Navy Pride said:
Do you have to be born during a certain time to have and opinion on it? You were not born during the Vietnam Conflict but you seem to have and opinion on that......

I don't know of any Supreme Court Judges who are atheists...

How do you know she will do that? President Bush is a Conservative and when your president you get to choose the judges........I did not hear you whine when Clinton picked Ginsberg a big Liberal.............

So, lemme get this right.
Conservative = Old Rich Christian White men who want to help the people.

And by "the people" we me.... Rich Christian White men.

That seems to be the case to me.

Caine said:
So, lemme get this right.
Conservative = Old Rich Christian White men who want to help the people.

And by "the people" we me.... Rich Christian White men.

That seems to be the case to me.

Well I am conservative and I want to help people that actually need help, but conservatives believe that people should try and stand on their own 2 feet and try and help themselves and not depend on the government for everything.......

Oh and when you talk about old rich Conservatives are you forgetting about the wealthiest man in the world Bill Gates and George Soros both huge liberals?

Navy Pride said:
Well I am conservative and I want to help people that actually need help, but conservatives believe that people should try and stand on their own 2 feet and try and help themselves and not depend on the government for everything.......

Oh and when you talk about old rich Conservatives are you forgetting about the wealthiest man in the world Bill Gates and George Soros both huge liberals?
Yeah, cause they aren't greedy stingy ****ing bastards who should have thier heads lopped off, like the oil company owners.

So, while the conservatives are hoping that the average person can stand on thier own two feet with their rights being diminished by those conservatives everyday, they fear that huge profit making machines like the oil companies need corporate welfare money from the government, and companies like Haliburton deserve a no-bid contract hand into everything our government does.... Coincidence? I think not!

Caine said:
Yeah, cause they aren't greedy stingy ****ing bastards who should have thier heads lopped off, like the oil company owners.

So, while the conservatives are hoping that the average person can stand on thier own two feet with their rights being diminished by those conservatives everyday, they fear that huge profit making machines like the oil companies need corporate welfare money from the government, and companies like Haliburton deserve a no-bid contract hand into everything our government does.... Coincidence? I think not!

Again, your ranting and raving but your not answering my question......How are the oil companies in the back pocket of Republicans?

Navy Pride said:
Again, your ranting and raving but your not answering my question......How are the oil companies in the back pocket of Republicans?

Have you taken a look at George W. Bush's past history as a Businessman?

And your telling me that he completely cast aside any connections with the oil industry?

How about you, can you prove the Democrats are in the back pocket of the Environmentalists? Using a CREDIBLE source?

Caine said:
Have you taken a look at George W. Bush's past history as a Businessman?

And your telling me that he completely cast aside any connections with the oil industry?

How about you, can you prove the Democrats are in the back pocket of the Environmentalists? Using a CREDIBLE source?

Now try and concentrate like a laser beam............Democrats vote against drilling for oil......Environmentalists are against drilling for oil........

2 plus 2 equal 4............Well maybe not to you......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Now try and concentrate like a laser beam............Democrats vote against drilling for oil......Environmentalists are against drilling for oil........

2 plus 2 equal 4............Well maybe not to you......:roll:

Ahem.
Republicans voting for Drilling Oil........Oil companies are for drilling oil....

2 plus 2 equals 4.............Well maybe not to you.........:rofl

Caine said:
Ahem.
Republicans voting for Drilling Oil........Oil companies are for drilling oil....

2 plus 2 equals 4.............Well maybe not to you.........:rofl

Drilling for oil means jobs for American workers and the lowering of gasoline prices.......that is good enough for me............Now if I had your money I guess I would not worry about it either:roll: Worry about the damn deer in ANWAR not about the American workers trying to make it from payday to payday..........

Sad.............

Back
Top Bottom