• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

Does Glenn Beck believe what he says?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
No offense to the OP of the other thread, but I think this is a clearer question. "Is Glenn Beck a fake?" is a little too vague.

The question is simple: Do you think Glenn Beck believes what he says?

Sometimes.

Can you give a couple examples of what you think he truly believes and what you think he doesn't believe at all and why you feel this way.

My goodness. We needed ANOTHER thread on this, did we?

You're right. He says that often on his radio show as well. He cares about the principles behind the political process. He doesn't care what party wins, he cares if the people who DO win are good, respect the Constitution and will do what is best for our country.

pb and Gabriel, if Glenn doesn't believe anything he says, you must like him.

pb and Gabriel, if Glenn doesn't believe anything he says, you must like him.

NO! NO! NO! The stupid leading the stupid is NOT TO BE ADMIRED. IT IS TO BE CONDEMNED.

With what I know of his background, (alchoholism, and AA) I think he believes everything he says. Otherwise, he wouldn't say it.
I've listened to him for a lot of years and I consider him to be very honest.

pb and Gabriel............so........what DOES he believe?

pb and Gabriel............so........what DOES he believe?

He's nothing but a snake oil salesman for the tea party.

He's nothing but a snake oil salesman for the tea party.

That doesn't answer my question.

According to you, he doesn't believe in small government, lower taxes and more freedom.

According to you, he doesn't think Obama is bad for the country.

According to you, he doesn't think progressives are bad for the country.

So, tell me....what DOES he believe?

According to you, he doesn't believe in small government, lower taxes and more freedom.

All good salesman at least pretend they believe in what they sell. Snake oil salesman are not good salesmen though and that is exactly what he is.

Last edited:
All good salesman pretend they believe in what they sell. Snake oil salesman are not good salesmen though and that is exactly what he is.

Let me know when you're ready to actually answer the question.

To be honest I don't really care if he believes his own drivel. His show is trash.

To be honest I don't really care if he believes his own drivel. His show is trash.

How long will I wait for your answer.........?

You say he believes NOTHING he says. So............

If he doesn't believe that Obama is bad for the country, then you agree with him....right? If he doesn't believe that progressives are bad for the country, then you agree with him....right?

You're his biggest fan!

How long will I wait for your answer.........?

You say he believes NOTHING he says. So............

If he doesn't believe that Obama is bad for the country, then you agree with him....right? If he doesn't believe that progressives are bad for the country, then you agree with him....right?

You're his biggest fan!

I guess that would be a kin to me telling you what you truly believe. Peeling back all the bias reasoning for that is not my job really. I don't think he actually believes what he says but if he does he's more of a moron then he comes off as.

I think he believes in the constitution. I think he's a person of faith. I think that he considers the founding fathers to be heroes, and he thinks America is the greatest country on earth. I think that he's most accurately classified as a libertarian.

I actually agree with him on those things. However, I find his shoddy intellectualizing pretty sad. he's not a good student, and he'd have benefited from an academically rigorous college education.

good luck with that

we should start an over/under poll with 6 weeks being a starting point

I think he believes in the constitution. I think he's a person of faith. I think that he considers the founding fathers to be heroes, and he thinks America is the greatest country on earth. I think that he's most accurately classified as a libertarian.

I actually agree with him on those things. However, I find his shoddy intellectualizing pretty sad. he's not a good student, and he'd have benefited from an academically rigorous college education.

No you didn't. :doh That's not nice. :(

academic rigor and 100% intellectual consistency quickly bores a listening audience.

academic rigor and 100% intellectual consistency quickly bores a listening audience.

It wouldn't bore me, but I realize that my IQ is in the top 1%. Yours probably is, too.

I think I'd have more respect for beck if he weren't such a lazy thinker. I think it's possible to stimulate his audience intellectually without relying on lazy intellectual shortcuts.\

This American Life does it for me every Sunday (and normally, NPR bores me to tears).

I think Beck's show actually demonstrates that there is a hunger in America for intellectual stimulation. The problem is that Beck lacks the background to know how to think critically about sources. He latches on to whatever source stimulates his interest without realizing that some of them are highly biased.

Last edited:
It wouldn't bore me, but I realize that my IQ is in the top 1%. Yours probably is, too.

I think I'd have more respect for beck if he weren't such a lazy thinker. I think it's possible to stimulate his audience intellectually without relying on lazy intellectual shortcuts.\

This American Life does it for me every Sunday (and normally, NPR bores me to tears).

appealing to people like us isn't going to make him much money. Of course stupid stuff can be entertaining-heck I like watching Steven Seagal Films:3oops:

Back
Top Bottom