• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe that an, "anti-Christ" will come?

Do you believe that a great evil leader will arise and oppress millions?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
Do you believe that the anti-Christ will come or at least someone like him will come along and change the world for the worst? Do you believe a person will come and be more evil than Hitler and Stalin combined?

Discuss. Thanks. :mrgreen:

I can't tell if you mean this question in a geopolitical or religious context...

I don't believe "evil" is really something quantifiable. Hitler and Stalin killed a lot of people, but are they really more "evil" than lots of other people throughout history (many of whom never killed anyone)? I don't think so.

I don't think there will ever again be a long-term genocide on the scale of Hitler, Stalin, or Mao Tse-tung. But it is very possible that some individual will soon be able to kill millions of people (or all people) in a single, chaotic incident (biotech or nanotech being the most likely weapons of choice).

Kandahar said:
I don't think there will ever again be a long-term genocide on the scale of Hitler, Stalin, or Mao Tse-tung. But it is very possible that some individual will soon be able to kill millions of people (or all people) in a single, chaotic incident (biotech or nanotech being the most likely weapons of choice).

That's what I was refering to, so you basically answered my question. I wasn't referring to strictly a religious interpretation but just an evil person in general.

George_Washington said:
Do you believe that the anti-Christ will come
The definition of "anti-Christ" is:
Antichrist The epithet of the great antagonist who was expected by the early Church to set himself up against Christ in the last days before the Second Coming.
It reads to me like the concept was created about 2000 years without a lot of fact to back it up. I read it as a scare tactic to keep "believers" in line, use fear to keep the flock on the same page.

You know, if I didn't know better I'd think that Bush and the NEOCONS use the same damn tactics 2000 years later? Is this Bush's version of "born again"?

I thought the anti-Christ didn't wreak genocide so much as fight against the Second Coming of Christ? I thought it was meant to be more a spiritual oppression than literally killing people.

And no.

...hey, why can't the anti-Christ be a woman?

The anti-christ was an illusion to the emperor of Rome, The book of revelations is a metaphor for the Christians persecution under the Roman Empire and their eventual triumph over that persecution, those who interpret it litterally are simply misinformed and need to understand the way things were at the time when the books were written and how the message would have been interpreted by the early Christians. The truth of the matter is if one was to interpret the phrophecies found in revelation from a historical perspective they would find that they have already come to pass and we are in fact in the new earth promised to us after Armageddon, but I'm agnostic so I'm not positive either way that's just my take on it after reading Revelations and some sholars interpretations of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom