• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you believe in objective morality?

Do you believe in objective morality?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course it is. I can imagine killing someone, doesn't make them dead.
????
You seem confused and dont understand that killing someone does not always mean you murdered them

????
You seem confused and dont understand that killing someone does not always mean you murdered them
I am not confused. Cut the personal attacks.

If you arent confused, then why did you post that non sequitur?
If you want to discuss issues, I will respond. If all you have are ad hominems, I will not respond.

If you want to discuss issues, I will respond. If all you have are ad hominems, I will not respond.I didn you ignored iut and came up with a non swquiiter
Already tried you ignored

GLad the majority understand the fact that there is no such thing as objective morality

GLad the majority understand the fact that there is no such thing as objective morality
The whole terminology is meaningless.

I think people confuse "objective" with "objectively true," as in science. Why at 500 posts nothing has been resolved.

The whole terminology is meaningless.

I think people confuse "objective" with "objectively true," as in science. Why at 500 posts nothing has been resolved.
not sure what people's confusion is about I just know it factually doesn't exist
i think some only view it through the own lense and note the lense of reality
and for those that claim it does they can never give one factual example

not sure what peoples confusions is about I just know it factually doesn't exist
and for those that claim it does they can never give one factual example
I do not see what morality has to do with being objective or subjective. Seems like a meaningless dispute.

I do not see what morality has to do with being objective or subjective. Seems like a meaningless dispute.
thats the thing there is no actual logical dispute
going by facts and definitions morality is subjective, so i agree any dispute is meaningless because facts wont change

thats the thing there is no actual logical dispute
going by facts and definitions morality is subjective
What does "morality is subjective" mean? So, with no subjects there is no morality. Did you mean something else?

What does "morality is subjective" mean? So, with no subjects there is no morality. Did you mean something else?
sorry i have no idea how to explain that very basic fact to you if you don't know what those words mean

sorry i have no idea how to explain that very basic fact to you if you don't know what those words mean

bye

Philosophers distinguish three kinds of ethical or moral systems.
Deontological, utilitarian, virtue.

Deontology means that moral codes are true in themselves and need no justification.
Utilitarian means that moral codes are just useful or pragmatic and have no meaning in themselves.
Virtue ethics means that moral codes are aspirations or goals.

Philosophers distinguish three kinds of ethical or moral systems.
Deontological, utilitarian, virtue.

Deontology means that moral codes are true in themselves and need no justification.
Utilitarian means that moral codes are just useful or pragmatic and have no meaning in themselves.
Virtue ethics means that moral codes are aspirations or goals.

ahhhh so there's your mistake, philosophers don't get to decide the facts of something and the definition of words when they already exist
this is why morality by definition is subjective

an individual may have a moral code view of such systems that they choose to find objective but the reality is its still subjective, you're welcome

Stop making personal attacks.

??? oh so English isn't your first language, got it.
this would be another factual mistake of yours, no personal attacks were made.

anyway here we are in the same spot
fat remains by definitions morals are subjective

Back
Top Bottom