• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Deegan said:
No, it shows the dishonesty in this forum, and the need to walk in lock step with the Godless left, even when they secretly believe themselves. They can not bring themselves to admit this publically, as the Godless left have done their jobs well. They have belittled, and berated these beliefs in our schools, colleges, and in our politics. They have tried to shame those who would show this faith, and even have gone as far as to label them insane, or mentally challenged. Yet when questioned in an anonymous poll, the facts are again brought to light, the large majority believe.;)

Your opinion of a few cannot be applied to the whole. Godless left? I suppose John Kerry, who attends Mass every Sunday, is Godless? Honestly now. There are many right wingers that are "Godless" as well.

No one is trying to belittle or berate anything in schools, colleges, or politics....the point is that God does not belong in schools/colleges (unless it is specifically a religious school) or politics. Not everyone believes in the same God, and even those that do have different views on the matter....you can't have children praying or pledging to a God they don't follow. And we've already determined elsewhere that religion and politics just don't mix very well.

And the whole showing faith....please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Bible say that faith should be a private matter, and not paraded before others? Something about praying in public just for the sake of being seen praying is not righteous prayer? Declaring your "faith" in public does not make you a Christian or any other faith....you have to actually believe, and practice that faith in private as well. It's about integrity, you know, doing what you know to be right even when no one else is looking...they drilled that one into us pretty good in the Air Force.

Stace said:
Your opinion of a few cannot be applied to the whole. Godless left? I suppose John Kerry, who attends Mass every Sunday, is Godless? Honestly now. There are many right wingers that are "Godless" as well.

No one is trying to belittle or berate anything in schools, colleges, or politics....the point is that God does not belong in schools/colleges (unless it is specifically a religious school) or politics. Not everyone believes in the same God, and even those that do have different views on the matter....you can't have children praying or pledging to a God they don't follow. And we've already determined elsewhere that religion and politics just don't mix very well.

And the whole showing faith....please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Bible say that faith should be a private matter, and not paraded before others? Something about praying in public just for the sake of being seen praying is not righteous prayer? Declaring your "faith" in public does not make you a Christian or any other faith....you have to actually believe, and practice that faith in private as well. It's about integrity, you know, doing what you know to be right even when no one else is looking...they drilled that one into us pretty good in the Air Force.

I never expressed a interest in bringing in to schools, but Godless, arrogant professors have. They have taken it upon themselves to save the troubled masses, and bring them back to a sane footing. They seriously believe that a mental illness causes these beliefs, and they make no bones about it at our finest learning facilities around the country. I am for the displays of all faiths, and in public, for all to see. We have so many brutal images displayed everyday in public, I only want a little bit of positive influence, to balance it all out.

Deegan said:
I never expressed a interest in bringing in to schools, but Godless, arrogant professors have. They have taken it upon themselves to save the troubled masses, and bring them back to a sane footing. They seriously believe that a mental illness causes these beliefs, and they make no bones about it at our finest learning facilities around the country. I am for the displays of all faiths, and in public, for all to see. We have so many brutal images displayed everyday in public, I only want a little bit of positive influence, to balance it all out.

Can you prove that these professors indeed have no form of religion in their lives? I do agree that if they are trying to preach about things, trying to "save the troubled masses" as you put it, they should be administratively punished, as that sort of thing does not belong in a classroom, save a theology class.

I'm not saying that people can't put up crosses, or have whatever display of religion they choose on their home or vehicle, etc....that's all fine and dandy if that's what they want to do. But religion is not necessarily a positive experience for all...

Deegan said:
Yet when questioned in an anonymous poll, the facts are again brought to light, the large majority believe.;)

Not that it matters any. The constitution was written expressly to prevent the majority from imposing their will on the minority.

Thus public policy should be at best religion neutral. Even ignoring the atheists, it should be neutral, simply because of all the different religious beliefs represented in Christianity alone. There's what? 10,000,000,000 differents sects? Then there's Juaism, Islam, Hinduism, Wicca, and the Native Americans...

yeah, neutral is best..

Back
Top Bottom