• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you believe in God?[W:359]

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters
Re: Do you believe in God?

Hey I call you a lefty because that is what all your posts reflect...........If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck looks like a duck then its usually a duck..........I mean no insult by it my left wing friend, in fact you call call me a righty, a conservative or a neo con all you want.......I will thank you for it........

Except that you define lefty as anyone who disagrees with you. You called people who wanted actual Socialized medicine to be less Socialized leftist. You called people who called for entitlement reforms that hit seniors leftist. You call people significantly more to the right than you leftist when they disagree with you.

The ugly fact that a large number of people from a variety of viewpoints have all made this exact same observation should tell you something.

Crossroads... I've spend 3 months of my life trying to learn the feel of that amazing solo... getting there :)

I cannot play a guitar at all-tried-no talent. but I appreciate those who can do it and do it well

I cannot play a guitar at all-tried-no talent. but I appreciate those who can do it and do it well

It's an innate bio-physiological based ability. Something that has to do with the brain and its control of the hands.

However, appreciating music is a completely different matter, and thankfully, independent of the ability to be able to play a musical instrument.

Last edited:

It's an innate bio-physiological based ability. Something that has to do with the brain and it's control of the hands.

However, appreciating music is a completely different matter, and thankfully, independent of the ability to be able to play a musical instrument.

my college suite mate was an uncoordinated chess master-I was the top table tennis player in the school and won the university foosball championship and I spent hours teaching him foosball and so he tried to teach me how to play his Les Paul. he'd get so frustrated. DAMN you can smash everyone else's hardest hits in table tennis and you have NO TIMING on a guitar

Oh well, a man's got to know his limitations

my college suite mate was an uncoordinated chess master-I was the top table tennis player in the school and won the university foosball championship and I spent hours teaching him foosball and so he tried to teach me how to play his Les Paul. he'd get so frustrated. DAMN you can smash everyone else's hardest hits in table tennis and you have NO TIMING on a guitar

Oh well, a man's got to know his limitations

lol... are we separated twins, or something?

I have a couple of state titles in table tennis... I've taught guitar to a few kids, one of them is a professional musician now and he's a joy to watch him play :)

A friend of mine that I consider as a brother, really loved music, was the most tone-deaf person and most incapable of holding a rhythm. He wanted to buy a guitar just for the love he had for music even though he knew he could never play it.

I see music as the ultimate human mental frontier. When we figure out why we like it, we'll know a lot about ourselves.

lol... are we separated twins, or something?

I have a couple of state titles in table tennis... I've taught guitar to a few kids, one of them is a professional musician now and he's a joy to watch him play :)

A friend of mine that I consider as a brother, really loved music, was the most tone-deaf person and most incapable of holding a rhythm. He wanted to buy a guitar just for the love he had for music even though he knew he could never play it.

I see music as the ultimate human mental frontier. When we figure out why we like it, we'll know a lot about ourselves.
Well thats too heavy for me. Must be why I mainly play bass and drums.

Sure you are.............:rofl I will never understand why Liberals are so ashamed to be identified as such.......Every post they make is from the Liberal point of view..........I am a Conservative and wear my Conservatism like a badge of honor and have no political positions that are Liberal...........God Bless the great Ronald Reagan......

Inasmuch as the term "liberal" means "anyone who disagrees with at least 99% of everything you post", I'm proud to be called a liberal.

Owning a dog and having been owned by several cats, I'm inclined to think you might just be correct. I doubt many religious leaders would agree, but it does make sense.

Anyone who has owned sentient pets of any kind may likely confess to getting a feeling from time to time that they are privy to some great existential truth of which we are not.

I am a Conservative and wear my Conservatism like a badge of honor and have no political positions that are Liberal...........God Bless the great Ronald Reagan......
lol, first off, religious views are hardly an indicator of political lean. Second, Reagan was a douchebag whose presidency was riddled with scandal.

Sure you are.............:rofl I will never understand why Liberals are so ashamed to be identified as such.......Every post they make is from the Liberal point of view..........I am a Conservative and wear my Conservatism like a badge of honor and have no political positions that are Liberal...........God Bless the great Ronald Reagan......

If some one does not blindly worship Reagan, do they still beleive in god?

There is only one god, and he is Allah, and Reagan is his prophet.

Maybe the god i believe in sends believers to hell for being such hateful morons. That would be a nice "ahah" It's also rather duplicitous to "believe" in something for personal gain. Any deity that would condemn very flawed, very short-lived humans to eternal suffering, with so little evidence of his existence in the first place, what kind of twisted **** is that? Send me to hell then, rather be there than with that perverse deity. As Twain send, "Go to Heaven for the climate. Hell for the company."

Belief in a deity doesn't in and of itself determine political bent either. To say nothing of Regan would be a liberal now cause he raised taxes 11 times...There are far more self-identified liberals than atheists, so how would you reconcile that? Fear of death often does drive people to believe just completely crazy things. Not every religious person is a bigot like the OP either. I have a christian friend for instance (well maybe more, i don't ask) who despises both parties and also is heavily in favor of gay rights. Not everyone can fit into these neat little dichotomies. Some of you will no doubt say he's a hypocrite. The way i see it, nobody's perfect. If his fault is to believe in some 2000 year old zombie god - maybe he's been scared into not believing that - but he's a cool guy otherwise, why should i care.

Back
Top Bottom