• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you believe in God - Part 2

Politics and Religion

• I am a Republican and believe in God

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I am a Democrat and believe in God

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I am a Republican and do not believe in God

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I am a Democrat and do not believe in God

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

GmH

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Just Curious, I realize that Progressives, Libs and others on the left do not like to be labeled as Democrats however for this poll, humor me....Thanks
Gary

Last edited:
Libertarian/I have no problem with certain pantheistic notions of divinity, but the Judeo-Christian God is a laughable crutch for the weak.

I don't believe in God, and I do not identify as a member of any political party.

You left out everyone who isn't a liberal or conservative... which quite frankly is over 1/3 of the country. :)

I believe in a higher power..To say a specific named "God" would be inaccurate from my position

Libertarian/I have no problem with certain pantheistic notions of divinity, but the Judeo-Christian God is a laughable crutch for the weak.

'The eye through which you see God is the same eye through which He sees you.'
-Jalal al-din Rumi-

There's more to people in politics than Democrats and Republicans.

Just Curious, I realize that Progressives, Libs and others on the left do not like to be labeled as Democrats however for this poll, humor me....Thanks
Gary

By no means am I a Democrat or Republican, but as you're asking, I will do you the favor and join the "Democrat" position just for this poll. ;)

Just because I think many of my views will be (and have been) more often considered "liberal" by American standards than "conservative".

So just for this time, I'm a Democrat. ;)

I am not going to vote, as I sympathise with neither the GOP or the Democrats.

I am a registered independent and believe in God.

I'm a liberal and don't believe in a deity. Certainly not the Judeo-Christian god.

l am neither democrat liberal nor republican conservative but believe in god

Gary

It's people like you that are truly what is wrong with this country. There can be only republicans or democrats, huh?

And no, I don't have an imaginary friend.

Gary

Independents? rickushruckushrickushruckush....:2mad:

I am an Independent. I can't vote?

:2wave:

It's people like you that are truly what is wrong with this country. There can be only republicans or democrats, huh?

And no, I don't have an imaginary friend.

That's what I's is sayin....:damn

and you should pick one up, they're delightful...

YES was the answer to the politically limited poll...

I do not characterize, label, define, or in any way limit myself to being either of the two political choices you try to funnel everyone into.

I am an American.
Born and raised in a presbyterian/christian family in a truly 100% christian community.

I do NOT believe in any such god that's described or alluded to in any bible or any christian church/organization.
I do NOT believe in any of the gods from any organized religions.

“I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any.”
Lao Tzu

By no means am I a Democrat or Republican, but as you're asking, I will do you the favor and join the "Democrat" position just for this poll. ;)

Just because I think many of my views will be (and have been) more often considered "liberal" by American standards than "conservative".

So just for this time, I'm a Democrat. ;)
Rotten democrat.

Independent here. But because I lean hard left on most issues, I decided to humor you and answer as a Democrat for the sake of your poll.

Democrat and believe in God.

I also believe that you can not be both a Christian AND a Republican.
It is bad enough that many Democrats believe in abortion (which I do not).
But at least abortion was not clearly addressed by Jesus.
But to be against the poor, the sick, the hungry, and pretty much anyone that is not in top shape and fortunate, is very much against the teachings of Jesus.

Independent here. But because I lean hard left on most issues, I decided to humor you and answer as a Democrat for the sake of your poll.

Democrat and believe in God.

I also believe that you can not be both a Christian AND a Republican.
It is bad enough that many Democrats believe in abortion (which I do not).
But at least abortion was not clearly addressed by Jesus.
But to be against the poor, the sick, the hungry, and pretty much anyone that is not in top shape and fortunate, is very much against the teachings of Jesus.

Don't forget the dirty water claim or throwing granny off the cliff. Your post just wouldn't seem right without it.

Back
Top Bottom