• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Believe In Ghost Sightings??

braymoore

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So I was on youtube just watching a bunch of different stuff and this one video came up about ghost sightings and pictures. Watched it and then a few more. To me most of the stuff is false and was made. Only a few of the pictures I saw actually looked real. So what's your opinion on ghost sightings? Have you ever had a real life experience??

I believe that people believe that is what they see. I also know that sometimes carbon monoxide poisoning has been associated with people seeing demons and ghosts and such. Have I seen something? Yes. Can I say for certain it was a ghost? No. I have a healthy skepticism but I leave the door to the possibility open. (plus Ghost stories are so much fun)

I'm currently living in a house my roommate insists is haunted, she swears she heard someone whisper into her ear "I'm Sorry" this morning.

I don't buy it, I've also seen quite a few haunted scenarios.

I see ghosts almost every Halloween. Either that or they are just really short Klansmen.

Thread needs poll.

Do they exist? I believe spirits do.
Have I seen one? No, not seen one, nor communicated with one. But have felt their presence, yes.

I will only believe in ghost stories if they are clearly related to me, while I am sober and fully awake, by a talking snake or ignited shrubbery that returns to pristine form at the end of the tale. ;)

Video editting has "proven" the existance of many Earth bound monsters and aliens from beyond Earth.

I use to Deliver to The Old Court house In Crown Point Indiana. Upstairs and down. They say the place is haunted. Some people say they get a weird feeling when down stairs. I walked all around down there and never felt anything. Never saw anything.

Course there is the Hotel where they did the Movie the Shining. They say that place is haunted with many ghosts. Myself I wouldn't mind checking the place out to see whats there. Some say there is some sort of energy traveling about that place. I think it is interesting.

Moreover what about Spirit possession?

I will only believe in ghost stories if they are clearly related to me, while I am sober and fully awake, by a talking snake or ignited shrubbery that returns to pristine form at the end of the tale. ;)

Video editting has "proven" the existence of many Earth bound monsters and aliens from beyond Earth.

I only believe in the ghosts that I see

I'm quite sure that people believe that they saw ghosts but I sure don't believe in them myself. I've been in plenty of places that are either reported to be haunted or, based on the stories, would be prime stomping grounds for a ghost but I've never seen anything I can't explain.

I have been around. Seen lots of supposedly very haunted places. An old abandoned asylum/TB ward, Fairfield hills. A supposedly haunted Forrest with a burnt out village called Dudley town. A slew of old plantations down south. I have not one, ever, seen, heard, or felt anything that qualifies as super natural. I want to believe.

But I need evidence. I've tried evp, cameras, both film and digital, I even spent the night in an OLD graveyard said to be one of the most haunted in the US, in NY. Fell asleep, didn't even have a bad dream.

Of note, it's the official position of the RCC that there are no such things as ghosts, only demons masquerading as such to gain confidance.

My question to people about ghosts...where are all the prehistoric ghosts?

Why are ghosts always rather...recently dead people?

Moreover what about Spirit possession?

I totally believe in spirit possession. Here in Brazil they are so many weird spiritual religions and so I have seen some people who were possessed at the time. It really is some weird crap.

I totally believe in spirit possession. Here in Brazil they are so many weird spiritual religions and so I have seen some people who were possessed at the time. It really is some weird crap.

They and/or you were/are on drugs.

My question to people about ghosts...where are all the prehistoric ghosts?

Why are ghosts always rather...recently dead people?

In the videos and pictures I have seen there is really no way to determine if the ghost is of recent times or not. In some you can clearly see their clothing and that helps but most of the time you can't see clothing or anything to link them to a certain time period.

In the videos and pictures I have seen there is really no way to determine if the ghost is of recent times or not. In some you can clearly see their clothing and that helps but most of the time you can't see clothing or anything to link them to a certain time period.

Majority of all ghosts sighted or believed in this country are from the 1700 to 1800s.

Nevermind that people lived here for thousands of years before that.

We'd notice a caveghost.

Heya Braymoore.
yo2.gif
.....yeah I heard the same with some people that have been down to Haiti too.

Heya Braymoore.
yo2.gif
.....yeah I heard the same with some people that have been down to Haiti too.

Yeah it is really something else. I mean in the States I had never seen anything like it before. The only thing I can think of is that it is more secretive in the States. Here in Brazil you know who is part of the religion because they put offerings and such in front of their houses.

Yeah it is really something else. I mean in the States I had never seen anything like it before. The only thing I can think of is that it is more secretive in the States. Here in Brazil you know who is part of the religion because they put offerings and such in front of their houses.

Meh, that happens in Miami.

So I was on youtube just watching a bunch of different stuff and this one video came up about ghost sightings and pictures. Watched it and then a few more. To me most of the stuff is false and was made. Only a few of the pictures I saw actually looked real. So what's your opinion on ghost sightings? Have you ever had a real life experience??
Several. I find the reaction more peculiar than the pehenomena, however. Those elements of the subconscious that suddenly swim to the surface, and that you had no prior knowledge of. Something in you that knows. At once unsettling and exhilerating. That which we label 'reality' is but the flimsiest veneer.

Mind if I ask you where you had these experiences? Is there a certain place where it occurs more often?
Nah. They were all pretty random.

I think most of it is faked. I saw a show about how some of the most famous "ghost" photos and videos were faked, so I don't believe most of those things.

If there is such thing as ghosts, why isn't everybody a ghost? How come it only happens to some? Though I have had a couple of interesting experiences, I certainly wouldn't assume that it was due to ghosts. There just doesn't seem to be any logic to the "ghost" phenomenon, so no I don't really believe.

At one point and time I bought into the ghost phenomena. I saw enough ghost hunting shows, internet videos, pictures, etc. and I don't believe they exist. I'll stop there before I piss some people off.

Back
Top Bottom