• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you beat your meat?

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Do you beat your meat?

This is the food forum, not the sex and sexuality forum. Get your mind out of the gutter. ;)

Anyway, do you use a meat hammer to pound steaks and/or other meats prior to cooking them?

I do with steaks sometimes, though not often. Usually depends on the cut and/or my cooking method. I will sometimes with chicken but only if it's a specific recipe and the recipe calls for it.

And for fun...
fb - meat.jpg

Do you beat your meat?

This is the food forum, not the sex and sexuality forum. Get your mind out of the gutter. ;)

Anyway, do you use a meat hammer to pound steaks and/or other meats prior to cooking them?

I do with steaks sometimes, though not often. Usually depends on the cut and/or my cooking method. I will sometimes with chicken but only if it's a specific recipe and the recipe calls for it.

And for fun...
View attachment 67202632

Do I beat my meat, if you refer to food no, for other unmentionable instances who doesn't. But if you need to tenderise your meat, it simply means you did not cook it right. in texas we eat alot of brisket, on the top of the lit of toughest meats, and we do not tenderize it at all. we learned to use seasoning and marinades, and we slow cook them, adding to the flavor and mking it more tender.

You can take any meat and make it tender if you cook it right, but if you just want to pan fry it, I guess tenderizing it might be necessary.

Do you beat your meat?

And for fun...

Never a steak but if I'm making scallopini or schnitzel it's pretty much required. Same goes for chicken breast if I'm substituting that for veal in any scallopini type dish.

Do you beat your meat?

And for fun...
View attachment 67202632

Wrap it in cellophane and use the flat side of a broad knife makes a good Wienerschnitzel.

I beat my meat like it owes me money. Nothing like a tenderized chicken fried steak with gravy and lumpy mashed potatoes. And pinto beans with cornbread and garden onions. Sweet iced tea. Huhh..hu..uhhh.h.uhh.....

Sometimes I like to sauce my meat but I do appreciate a good rub now and again.

I beat my meat like it owes me money. Nothing like a tenderized chicken fried steak with gravy and lumpy mashed potatoes. And pinto beans with cornbread and garden onions. Sweet iced tea. Huhh..hu..uhhh.h.uhh.....

Sometimes I like to sauce my meat but I do appreciate a good rub now and again.

Good thing I wasn't drinking nothing when I read this, otherwise you would have committed homicide.:lamo:2rofll:

I don't cook red meat that often. However I do cook chicken breasts often and I usually cut in half and the flatten them if needed before cooking.
Today's chicken is unnatural in how big it is.

I don't cook red meat that often. However I do cook chicken breasts often and I usually cut in half and the flatten them if needed before cooking.
It is. Sometimes it's difficult to cook evenly.

Never a steak but if I'm making scallopini or schnitzel it's pretty much required. Same goes for chicken breast if I'm substituting that for veal in any scallopini type dish.

Exactly.

I'd love to watch someone try to roll and then wrap a chicken breast with prosciutto without pounding it first.

Maybe you could lay a bunch of prosciutto on one unpounded chicken breast, put another chicken breast on top of that, layer both chicken breasts on the outside with prosciutto and then hit the outside edges of the whole affair with a nail gun. Or you could pound the chicken breast to flatten it and render it rollable and fasten it with a toothpick. Though doing so would cancel the fun of using a nail gun.

Only if its cheap and hard. :2razz:

Sure, I just did chicken cordon bleu a few nights ago stuffed with gruyere and prosciutto with a cranberry pesto sauce.

I used a decades old cast iron skillet.

Worked like a charm.

Do you beat your meat?

And for fun...
View attachment 67202632

I flatten chicken breast for marinaded grilled chicken breasts, fried chicken breasts, and chicken piccata. I also do the same for pork chops.

Exactly.

I'd love to watch someone try to roll and then wrap a chicken breast with prosciutto without pounding it first.

Maybe you could lay a bunch of prosciutto on one unpounded chicken breast, put another chicken breast on top of that, layer both chicken breasts on the outside with prosciutto and then hit the outside edges of the whole affair with a nail gun. Or you could pound the chicken breast to flatten it and render it rollable and fasten it with a toothpick. Though doing so would cancel the fun of using a nail gun.

You have my attention with cooking and nail guns. Tell us more.

You have my attention with cooking and nail guns. Tell us more.

Well, there's the part of harvesting chicken meat by having a nekkid brunette throw a concussion grenade in a henhouse, but I don't want to give away all my secrets. :mrgreen:

That's cuz most chickens are juiced up on hormones. I was reading that juiced up hatchling chicks are generally slaughtered at 5-6 weeks age as they can get them to physical maturity that fast and of course make them bigger.
A free range / organic chicken doesn't reach that for about 3 - 3 1/2 months.

That's cuz most chickens are juiced up on hormones. I was reading that juiced up hatchling chicks are generally slaughtered at 5-6 weeks age as they can get them to physical maturity that fast and of course make them bigger.
A free range / organic chicken doesn't reach that for about 3 - 3 1/2 months.

that's the kind of meat that people eat who go to fast food restaurants and then bleat about how great it is.

that's the kind of meat that people eat who go to fast food restaurants and then bleat about how great it is.

Yea its odd because if you read from the chicken industry they claim it doesn't happen (that they are not given hormones). Yet on some industry sites they state what I said that their first 'harvest' is done at 30-35 days.
yet they also state that chickens reach sexual maturity at 20-25 weeks. The claims from the industry is its simply selective breeding and ideal diet. However the rules in various countries are very wide and loose. no shortage for instance of china doing this and supplying the meat to resteraunts such as KFC.

Do you beat your meat?

And for fun...
View attachment 67202632

I will use a mallet to thin a chicken breast or veal for a cutlet. Never beef.

About 2 months ago I did stuffed leg of lamb. Damn that was a lot of pounding but well worth it. THe lamb actually picked up the flavor of the stuffing and it looked so cool. That was only the second time that I have ever done it, and it was because one of my kids was home and asked me too.

The kids coming home and asking me to make work intensive but really great food is also cool, I go out of my way more than when I am cooking for just the wife and I.

Why? Cube steak is still easily available at least where I live.

I've never even thought about buying cube steak as I've always made chicken fried steak out of venison.

Back
Top Bottom