• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you agree?

Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
NY mayor Eric Adams on the terrorist attack on the NY subway. Do you agree that BLM should be protesting when any innocent black people are killed?

A80E88CD-0943-45F6-8907-EEE2A1769982.jpeg

Last edited:
NY mayor Eric Adams on the terrorist attack on the NY subway. Do you agree that BLM should be protesting when any innocent black people are killed?

View attachment 67386199

Like Tony Dungy said, lack of fathers in the home.

It looks like a lot of people are really more concerned with the behavior and performance of a recent group called "Black Lives Matter"™ which started in 2013,
whereas few are interested in just the concept itself, the idea that black lives actually matter.

I would like for people to consider the fact that black lives have mattered since the 1600's, not just since 2013.
BLM™ is a militant activist group started IN 2013 by three people who describe themselves as "trained marxists", Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tameti.
HOW MANY people who march in support of black lives really give a damn about marxism? How many do you believe care about Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tameti?

These are honest questions because while anyone should be free to debate the value and legitimacy of this 2013 militant marxist group, is it really more important than
the subject of black lives? If we reduce it to a slogan from a small cadre of marxists are we not devaluing the very thing that actually matters?

If your name is Karen, do you like being reduced to an internet meme?
Now consider what happens when black lives get reduced to cannon fodder for the sake of a shiny thing.
Crows like shiny things. They're smart birds, but I'd like to think that we're smarter than crows.

Or maybe not.
I don't give two shits about BLM™, I care about black lives.

PS: BLM™ also never spoke up about helping the black community get vaccinated either.
That's when I really began to lose respect for the organization but I did not allow them to distort my devotion to racial equality and harmony.
My memory stretches decades back before 2013.

It looks like a lot of people are really more concerned with the behavior and performance of a recent group called "Black Lives Matter"™ which started in 2013,
whereas few are interested in just the concept itself, the idea that black lives actually matter.

I would like for people to consider the fact that black lives have mattered since the 1600's, not just since 2013.
BLM™ is a militant activist group started IN 2013 by three people who describe themselves as "trained marxists", Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tameti.
HOW MANY people who march in support of black lives really give a damn about marxism? How many do you believe care about Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tameti?

These are honest questions because while anyone should be free to debate the value and legitimacy of this 2013 militant marxist group, is it really more important than
the subject of black lives? If we reduce it to a slogan from a small cadre of marxists are we not devaluing the very thing that actually matters?

If your name is Karen, do you like being reduced to an internet meme?
Now consider what happens when black lives get reduced to cannon fodder for the sake of a shiny thing.
Crows like shiny things. They're smart birds, but I'd like to think that we're smarter than crows.

Or maybe not.
I don't give two shits about BLM™, I care about black lives.

PS: BLM™ also never spoke up about helping the black community get vaccinated either.
That's when I really began to lose respect for the organization but I did not allow them to distort my devotion to racial equality and harmony.
My memory stretches decades back before 2013.

Agreed.

Do you think they're doing a disservice to the black community by not speaking out against the violence in their communities or do you think they have their "niche" and it makes sense that they only protest when black people die in certain circumstances?

Golly, I miss the old “:inandout:” guy!

Agreed.

Do you think they're doing a disservice to the black community by not speaking out against the violence in their communities or do you think they have their "niche" and it makes sense that they only protest when black people die in certain circumstances?

Author - https://www.victoriammassie.com/

She is a thought leader in those circles and can answer your question directly.

It basically boils down to wanting to fix root issues that cause the violence in the first place and in their view, that is racist institutions. Basically the difference between slapping a bandaid on and actually going to the doctor.

My personal view is that both sides of that conversation are partially right, but the stronger argument goes with fixing the root causes of poverty and racism and then the violence will naturally lessen as a result. I disagree with BLM that institutions need to be rebuilt though.

Last edited:

Author - https://www.victoriammassie.com/

She is a thought leader in those circles and can answer your question directly.

It basically boils down to wanting to fix root issues that cause the violence in the first place and in their view, that is racist institutions.

I agree that the reasons for black-on-black crime aren't entirely black people's fault.

BLM is a very vocal, visible group in our culture. Don't you think they could do some good in the black community by trying to shift their culture away from so much violence instead of just saying it's someone else's fault?

View attachment 67386199
Another great poll here at DP.

Do you agree? That is the question? Really?

You just can't make this stuff up.

I agree that the reasons for black-on-black crime aren't entirely black people's fault.

BLM is a very vocal, visible group in our culture. Don't you think they could do some good in the black community by trying to shift their culture away from so much violence instead of just saying it's someone else's fault?
Of the black people I have talked to in those situations, I think the general reaction would be that if BLM shifted that way, then BLM would be seen as another institution that is contributing to the poverty and power imbalance and another group would then need to be formed yet again.

Ultimately, the question of black on black crime, as I have been made to understand, is only a question because black people are still seen as "othered" (or as second class citizens) and generally the question is viewed as more of a provocative question of people searching to cast blame then who genuinely want to solve things. The general attitude being "we know how to fix our communities, just let us ****ing do it and stop criticizing us"

BLM would have died long ago if not for Fox .

Just saying.

What's that?

What's your opinion on the poll question?
Very similar to the other thread you began on toxic male and female examples. It’s like a set piece in warfare, once begun, the direction is unpredictable and it is very hard to disengage with intact dignity……..

Race
Abortion
Religion
Guns

^^^^ I have my positions on all those topics, but have found that participation in those threads lead to virtual heartburn. I avoid foods that cause literal heartburn, as well.

Very similar to the other thread you began on toxic male and female examples. It’s like a set piece in warfare, once begun, the direction is unpredictable and it is very hard to disengage with intact dignity……..

Race
Abortion
Religion
Guns

^^^^ I have my positions on all those topics, but have found that participation in those threads lead to virtual heartburn. I avoid foods that cause literal heartburn, as well.
Yeah, generally you end up dealing with people who want to declare fake internet victory points in any way they can and will ignore their own contradictions, unfeasible or untenable (to deeper inspection) stances, or just plain stupid arguments in order to get that little hit of serotonin. Its an unfortunate side effect of the battles over cultural identity this country is in right now. During times of crisis, I guess that serotonin becomes a more important mental resource that people lack in the validation they used to get in real life.

It also fun to mess with those people (which, I am trying to do less and less, for religious reasons (trying to be a good example of my faith)).

Yeah, generally you end up dealing with people who want to declare fake internet victory points in any way they can and will ignore their own contradictions, unfeasible or untenable (to deeper inspection) stances, or just plain stupid arguments in order to get that little hit of serotonin. Its an unfortunate side effect of the battles over cultural identity this country is in right now. During times of crisis, I guess that serotonin becomes a more important mental resource that people lack in the validation they used to get in real life.

It also fun to mess with those people (which, I am trying to do less and less, for religious reasons (trying to be a good example of my faith)).
Every now and then when I think management isn’t paying close attention, I wll allow the little devil sitting on my left shoulder to dictate my key strokes…….

Really? Explain.

Its a horrible organization that would have withered on the vine.

FOX FEED AND NUTUTERED it so they could have something for their viewers to hate.

Its a horrible organization that would have withered on the vine.

FOX FEED AND NUTUTERED it so they could have something for their viewers to hate.

Do you think BLM wouldn't have been protesting or rioting if Fox News didn't exist?

Agreed.

They demonstrated what it was, a money grab.
I'd like to think SOME good was done simply because so many gravitated to their deceptively simple AND ELEGANT slogan --- how do you beat "black lives matter" ??
Well...they DO...black lives DO matter, of course, no matter how many fail to realize that it's actually "black lives matter TOO"...just as a stop sign is actually "YOU stop", but the "you" is supposed
to be understood, right?

So, as it turned out, Patrisse, Alicia and Opal were really a lot more interested in sharing their marxist gospel. They never turned down an opportunity to insert some of Karl's drivel.
And when the world FAILED to respond as they expected, and did not embrace marxism with sufficient fervor, the trio did what political hucksters always do, they made sure that they got paid
and they cut and ran.

So unlike so many in the butt-hurt crowd I refuse to dismiss "black lives matter" just because three marxist hucksters didn't have the best of intentions.
I just remind myself that I am old enough to have witnessed the Memphis Sanitation Workers strike, the Selma march, the lunch counter incident (I forget where that happened)
and the MLK Washington marches all in real time.
None of the three marxist young ladies were even alive back then. In fact, it's even possible that their parents weren't alive.

I do not NEED three marxists to guide my inclinations toward supporting the black community.

Every now and then when I think management isn’t paying close attention, I wll allow the little devil sitting on my left shoulder to dictate my key strokes…….
Yep. Same here.

With the way I had to grow up, being callous is easy and was a necessary survival tactic. I am trying to move away from it and break that habit (I've broken it everywhere else, this forum is one of the last things).

Yep. Same here.

With the way I had to grow up, being cruel is easy and was a survival tactic. I am trying to move away from it.
To me it isn’t cruelty that motivates me. There was a thread a few days ago requesting guidance in an employer/employee situation and I rang in honestly and proved my George Carlin quote line……..

If you get caught, don't use the defense: "The Devil made me do it!" I don't think they'll buy that one. ;)

To me it isn’t cruelty that motivates me. There was a thread a few days ago requesting guidance in an employer/employee situation and I rang in honestly and proved my George Carlin quote line……..
I changed it to callous instead of cruel because that is a more accurate word. At the end of the day, America is probably going to go through these cultural wars as the population (and power) rebalances and voices that could be ignored for centuries now can't be.

I don't want to contribute to that angst. I believe I have been called to make that change.

I changed it to callous instead of cruel because that is a more accurate word. At the end of the day, America is probably going to go through these cultural wars as the population (and power) rebalances and voices that could be ignored for centuries now can't be.

I don't want to contribute to that angst. I believe I have been called to make that change.
All righty, then……

Back
Top Bottom