• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you agree?

Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
They demonstrated what it was, a money grab.
I'd like to think SOME good was done simply because so many gravitated to their deceptively simple AND ELEGANT slogan --- how do you beat "black lives matter" ??
Well...they DO...black lives DO matter, of course, no matter how many fail to realize that it's actually "black lives matter TOO"...just as a stop sign is actually "YOU stop", but the "you" is supposed
to be understood, right?

So, as it turned out, Patrisse, Alicia and Opal were really a lot more interested in sharing their marxist gospel. They never turned down an opportunity to insert some of Karl's drivel.
And when the world FAILED to respond as they expected, and did not embrace marxism with sufficient fervor, the trio did what political hucksters always do, they made sure that they got paid
and they cut and ran.

So unlike so many in the butt-hurt crowd I refuse to dismiss "black lives matter" just because three marxist hucksters didn't have the best of intentions.
I just remind myself that I am old enough to have witnessed the Memphis Sanitation Workers strike, the Selma march, the lunch counter incident (I forget where that happened)
and the MLK Washington marches all in real time.
None of the three marxist young ladies were even alive back then. In fact, it's even possible that their parents weren't alive.

I do not NEED three marxists to guide my inclinations toward supporting the black community.
Thank you for writing this; this is a great perspective.

The same moronic shit over and over again. BLM is focused on police brutality and discrimination. That's it. Telling them they should focus on other shit is deflecting bullshit. There are organizations dealing with helping other aspects of the black community. Same tired bullshit over and over

Do you think BLM wouldn't have been protesting or rioting if Fox News didn't exist?

People would have found an excuse, any excuse, to get out of the house 8n the summer of 2020.

People would have found an excuse, any excuse, to get out of the house 8n the summer of 2020.

And you think if Fox News wasn't around that no one else would've been reporting on the protests and riots?

Some people (including me) feel that all this talk about crime among people of the ethnicity under discussion is a total waste of time.

I am 85 years old.

People have long accepted this problem as just part of the American scene. It's the elephant in the room that cultured people pretend not to see.

Of course, it got worse starting in the 1960s because of drugs and then rap music (notice how many rappers are murdered each year?).

There is a beautiful word in the English language that sums up the reason why nothing will materially change no matter what Mayor Adams or President Biden says: intractable.

NY mayor Eric Adams on the terrorist attack on the NY subway. Do you agree that BLM should be protesting when any innocent black people are killed?

View attachment 67386199
Black Lives Matter when a white cop shoots a black person - regardless of the circumstances.
As far as the hundreds of black on black shootings across America each year, black lives do not matter. If they did, there would be a concerted effort on the part of communities plagued with black on black shootings to do something about it.
The problem of rising black on black murder statistics is insoluble.
That's why the terrorist organization skillfully avoids black on black shootings across America. To the BLM movement, they don't count because a white cop was not involved.
Eric Adams broke the code and is calling out BLM for the useless organization that it is.

The same moronic shit over and over again. BLM is focused on police brutality and discrimination. That's it. Telling them they should focus on other shit is deflecting bullshit. There are organizations dealing with helping other aspects of the black community. Same tired bullshit over and over
White people frequently tell black people what they should be doing and who they should be listening to.

NY mayor Eric Adams on the terrorist attack on the NY subway. Do you agree that BLM should be protesting when any innocent black people are killed?

View attachment 67386199
I believe BLM should be protesting when an innocent black person is killed, whether at the hands of a police officer or any other member of society.

I also believe BLM should be protesting when any apparently innocent person is killed at the hands of police or at the hands of any other person in the populace.

I know they don't and won't which I feel is a sad and bad move on their part.

Of course, in a bit of a segue, I feel if anyone (as in any organization) should be protesting innocent people being killed with guns, no matter the shooter was an officer of the law or a civilian, that organization that should be at the vanguard of any protest it should be the NRA!

But I know, that will never happen either.

Agreed.

Do you think they're doing a disservice to the black community by not speaking out against the violence in their communities or do you think they have their "niche" and it makes sense that they only protest when black people die in certain circumstances?

Black on black crime is a red herring, and I'm betting people who still use this argument have had it explained to them dozens of times why it's a shit argument.

1) black on black crime happens for the sake reason white on white crime happens. Crime happens to people in proximity.

2) if we're going to have a robust conversation of the roots of "black-on-black crime," be prepared to have a discussion on the systemic social and economic roots of crime, to include poverty and the racism within the justice system. No right winger is prepared to have this conversation.

3) Why the **** should these activists hold criminals and ARMED AGENTS OF THE STATE to the same standard?

4) Also for those who DON'T occupy black spaces you have zero effing idea what conversations are going on in those communities everyday. The fact that you DON'T see protests is not evidence that they don't care. It's just evidence that you're not paying attention.

I believe BLM should be protesting when an innocent black person is killed, whether at the hands of a police officer or any other member of society.

I also believe BLM should be protesting when any apparently innocent person is killed at the hands of police or at the hands of any other person in the populace.

I know they don't and won't which I feel is a sad and bad move on their part.

Of course, in a bit of a segue, I feel if anyone (as in any organization) should be protesting innocent people being killed with guns, no matter the shooter was an officer of the law or a civilian, that organization that should be at the vanguard of any protest it should be the NRA!

But I know, that will never happen either.

I should point out that BLM have come out in support of Daniel Shaver and other unjustified victims of police violence. While a white majority stands by and defends the incompetence and wrongdoing of police.

The sooner white Americans realize that white supremacy is harmful to them as well, the better off we'll be. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

View attachment 67386199

Other - what or who should be protested? Obviously, calling this “systemic racism”, the usual complaint of BLM, is not going to fit that situation. The mayor’s “analysis“ seems to have discovered that many of the shooters and the victims were black, but then simply asked a question (why?) rather than suggesting any specific action (other than BLM protesting ???) be taken.

Thank you for writing this; this is a great perspective.
It is an unfortunate perspective.
Ideas like "black lives matter" should never have been connected to fringe political ideologies like marxism, or any other extremist nonsense.
It should never have been sold as a honey trap for marxism.
It's no different than "Act Now to Stop War and End Racism" .
These groups are stalking horses for fringe lefty ideologies the way megachurch televangelists are stalking horses for right wing extremism.

I am a lefty but I just want all the races to treat each other proper, and I won't submit myself to the altar of whacko extremist ideologies in order to
do my activism. I guess I am just not that far Left.

White people frequently tell black people what they should be doing and who they should be listening to.
True, and other white people are always telling white people what they should think too...and those are some really REALLY wealthy white people.
They now OWN all the little white people the way massa used to own "the little black people", only the little white people don't even realize it and haven't for decades.

301449_10150504287341978_705211977_11302270_1091042258_n.jpg

Agreed.

Do you think they're doing a disservice to the black community by not speaking out against the violence in their communities or do you think they have their "niche" and it makes sense that they only protest when black people die in certain circumstances?
This all sounds like deliberate like blurring.

As far as everybody I know is concerned it was about police brutality and lack of holding cops responsible.

That they ended up calling it Black Lives Matter and that’s the same as the marxists call themselves isn’t really relevant. Nobody I know who went to a blm protest had a single thought about Marxism.

But it’s a stick to beat them with for the right so we hear it like those people were running all the protests all over the country and it was Marxist at its core. Gotta keep paying tribute to the old programming. Commies are everywhere! Like it’s 1960.

Very similar to the other thread you began on toxic male and female examples. It’s like a set piece in warfare, once begun, the direction is unpredictable and it is very hard to disengage with intact dignity……..

Race
Abortion
Religion
Guns

^^^^ I have my positions on all those topics, but have found that participation in those threads lead to virtual heartburn. I avoid foods that cause literal heartburn, as well.

All of those (except abortion) has been addressed by constitutional amendment.

All of those (except abortion) has been addressed by constitutional amendment.
I don’t follow, Tex.

What does the USC have to do with my reply?

View attachment 67386199

Yes I do.

How can an organization be named "Black Lives Matter" while ignoring all the more likely reasons Black American lives are imperiled in our own communities?

They raised millions of dollars, and yet are unable to account for how most of it was spent?

The problem of police brutality has to be addressed not only with police agencies, but with the attitudes of many fellow Blacks in our communities.

The drugs, the gangs, the willingness to fight each other at the drop of a hat even to the point of using deadly force, and the idea that we are entitled to "resist arrest" by any means necessary are major problems our community needs to deal with.

As far as police are concerned, Chris Rock has good advice:

Last edited:
Yes I do.

How can an organization named "Black Lives Matter" while ignoring all the more likely reasons Black American lives are imperiled in our own communities?

They raised millions of dollars, and yet are unable to account for who most of it was spent?

The problem of police brutality has to be addressed not only with police agencies, but with the attitudes of many fellow Blacks in our communities.

The drugs, the gangs, the willingness to fight at the drop of a hat even to the point of using deadly force, and the idea that we are entitled to "resist arrest" by any means necessary are major problems our community needs to deal with.

The simplest answer is that BLM ‘leadership’ does not live in those (high crime) communities, yet seeks to profit from the suffering of those who do.

OK, so in order to help avoid them you decided to mention all of them in this thread. ;)
You’re not making any sense, guy. Walking down the street, I would avoid a steamer and I would alert you, as well, so that you wouldn’t need to clean your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom