• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you agree with Mitch?

Do you agree with Mitch?

• Yes, the peaceful transfer of power is the way things are done in a democracy

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, trump is right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th," Mr McConnell tweeted on Thursday.

"There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792."

Do you agree with Mitch?

I find this very comforting. If trump refuses to concede, the Secret Service will throw trump out of the White House on his ass in the street. It will be a bipartisan decision.

There are two things to note about Mitch's tweet. 1. He believes trump will lose. 2. He's throwing trump under the bus.

Pelosi has been saying this for over a month now since Trump first hinted in a tweet that he might not vacate the White House.

"The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th," Mr McConnell tweeted on Thursday.

"There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792."

Do you agree with Mitch?

I find this very comforting. If trump refuses to concede, the Secret Service will throw trump out of the White House on his ass in the street. It will be a bipartisan decision.

There are two things to note about Mitch's tweet. 1. He believes trump will lose. 2. He's throwing trump under the bus.
Did Obama promise a peaceful transfer before or after the election?

Mitch McConnell always manages to be the adult in the room.

Not a likeable adult mind you. But the adult nonetheless.

Do you agree with Mitch?

Option 3: He's saying the election ends Nov 3, and mail in votes coming in late will not be contested.

Never trust Mitch.

Do you agree with Mitch?

It sounds good on its face, but I can't decide if it's actually just a variant of "If true then I find the comment very concerning."

Option 3: He's saying the election ends Nov 3, and mail in votes coming in late will not be contested.

Never trust Mitch.

That's not a bad interpretation since Graham repeated Trump's assertion that the election will be decided by the courts.

And what makes all of this infuriating is the catch 22 that you have to talk about this because it's very important, but by talking about it it demoralizes voters from participating.

Do you agree with Mitch?
I agree with the words he uttered.

I do not believe, for a single instant, that he actually means them.

It is abundantly clear that the only thing he really cares about is not the Constitution, not our system of government, it's seizing and holding onto power. The chances of his siding against Trump are near-zero. His word has no value.

I'd love to be proven wrong on that point, but I seriously doubt I'm wrong.

Do you agree with Mitch?

The Constitution says so. Mitch McConnell's opinion is irrelevant.

That's not a bad interpretation since Graham repeated Trump's assertion that the election will be decided by the courts.

And what makes all of this infuriating is the catch 22 that you have to talk about this because it's very important, but by talking about it it demoralizes voters from participating.
My advice to all who I speak to about this is vote in person, on Nov 3 or early. Do not mail in.

Do you agree with Mitch?

There will be an orderly transition just like there has all the other presidential elections.

Do you agree with Mitch?

Yet another biased poll. Your username is a lie. You are no swing voter. But, to answer your poll, when Trump wins the left will not peacefully transfer power for another four years. They will continue to abuse their power to get Trump as they have for the last four years.

Another openly lying OP message by a Democrat. President Trump said he would peacefully transfer power if he lost.

WHO REFUSES TO PROMISE TO PEACEFULLY ACCEPT LOSING? JOE BIDEN.

Another openly lying OP message by a Democrat. President Trump said he would peacefully transfer power if he lost.

WHO REFUSES TO PROMISE TO PEACEFULLY ACCEPT LOSING? JOE BIDEN.

You should really provide a link to your post.....🤷

Do you agree with Mitch?

Well now that we know Mitch is a Proven Liar, his words ring hollow, so cannot I agree with him and I will never agree with trump.
There will be a transfer of power if trump loses, whether it is peaceful or not is up to him and his minions.
I don't care if trump leaves office by walking out on his own or if he leaves zipped up in a bag, but one way or the other he will leave.

Do you agree with Mitch?

Try to remember, Al Gore refused to concede, until SCOTUS ruled on the issue of settling the count.

The Democrats are already telling Biden not to concede "until every vote is counted."

Yet you expect Trump to concede without similar faith in the results?

There would be no problem if not for this effort at mass-mail voting (which is NOT the same process as absentee voting, despite attempts to frame it so).

Unless of course those Florida counties "discover" uncounted (mostly Democrat) ballots for a third time....

Last edited:

Do you agree with Mitch?

Yes, he's right for once. If Trump loses, there will still be a peaceful transfer of power as there has always been.

Back
Top Bottom