• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you agree with keeping but marking controversial statues?

Do you agree with keeping but marking controversial statues?

• Total voters
Not likely. Once Operation Typhoon failed, the odds of Germany succeeding in knocking out the USSR dwindled rapidly. Lend lease helped a lot, but it only made up a fraction of the Soviet war effort.

The war probably would have dragged into ‘46 or ‘47, but the Germans would have still been beaten back.
My point to the poster that I responded to was that had the allies done as he claimed "nothing", Germany would have defeated Russia.

My point to the poster that I responded to was that had the allies done as he claimed "nothing", Germany would have defeated Russia.

Except that’s not really true. By the time most of the lend lease showed up Germany’s best chance to defeat the Soviets had already failed.

Back
Top Bottom