• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you agree that Christianity, Judaism and Islam share the same God?

Do you agree that Christianity, Judaism and Islam share the same god?

• Total voters
I lean towards yes.

It's just different interpretations and different levels of seriousness in which its taken.

They all share the same delusions. But no, they all have differing viewpoints on "their god".

Judaism and Christians do share the same God the only contention is that Christians believe that Jesus was the messiah and most Jews do not.

Islam does not share the same God as the other two.

Judaism and Christians do share the same God the only contention is that Christians believe that Jesus was the messiah and most Jews do not.

No Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah. People who believe that are Christians. Jesus is an Islamic Prophet, which makes Islam closer to Christianity, sharing a God and a Prophet.

Christ: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Allah: "Stone her"

That is all it takes to prove inequivalence of the Christian and Muslim Gods.

And to tell the truth the wrathful OT God seems closer to the Muslim God than
to the NT God. However, I do not know either scripture well enough to make
a case for their equivalence.

/thread

No Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah. People who believe that are Christians. Jesus is an Islamic Prophet, which makes Islam closer to Christianity, sharing a God and a Prophet.

Depends on if you're talking about ethnic Jews or religious Jews.

I chose "no" simply because the connections between the Muslim god and that of Christians and Jews is shaky at best. If you want to go off of Islams own mythology then you'd have Mohammed, who was completely illiterate, have an angel speak words of the Koran to him while he then dictated it to someone who could write. There is no direct connection there.

Conversely, Christianity sprung up right among the Jews themselves and all of the teachings they preached was based on what is called the Old Testament, and Christians still use that book today.

no. Simple answer (although I'm certainly not trying to be condescending and many will certainly not agree).......The God of Abraham and of Christians doesn't contradict Himself. He did not inspire the writing of the Quran because it was written after the books of the Bible and are contradictory in many, many......many ways to God's message in His Holy Word. Based on this reasoning, Islam couldn't be following the same God. Contradictory doctrines.

Depends on if you're talking about ethnic Jews or religious Jews.

In a thread about sharing Gods, then it would be religious ones, wouldn't it?

Several ethnic Jews I know are atheist.

The Jesus of Islam cannot be the Jesus of Christianity. The Jesus of Islam is a mere man, while the Jesus of Christianity is God.

100% wrong.

Some Jews do believe that Jesus was the Messiah. Other Jews do not. Believing in Christ can't change one's nationality. They are still Jews.
No islam is about as far from Christianity as it gets.

Christ was not a prophet but the Son of God and the redeemer of sin.

Christ: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Allah: "Stone her"

That is all it takes to prove inequivalence of the Christian and Muslim Gods.

And to tell the truth the wrathful OT God seems closer to the Muslim God than
to the NT God. However, I do not know either scripture well enough to make
a case for their equivalence.

there is more to it than that but that is one example.

Yes. There is a reason they are all called Abrahamic religions.

They originate from the same source but none of the Abrahamic religions can agree on the nature of god between themselves so I don’t see how you can say the three separate religions share the same one. I agree with the idea that there is a distinct god-concept for every single monotheist who ever lived.

Well, of course. They are all three what are called "The People of the Book."

They obviously all share the God of Abraham as shown and clearly laid out in the Old Testament.

As we can see from the stories in that Old Testament, the God they share is a violent, warlike, and near-psychotic God and this is reflected in the horrific violence these three religions have perpetrated upon each other and the rest of the world.

They share the God and the philosophy--that being, take what you want, kill anyone who opposes you because God is on your side.

Back
Top Bottom