• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do whites need to try harder to understand blacks?

Newt Gingrich and Hillary Clinton recently made comments regarding the poor understanding whites have of blacks in America and how it leads to events like these shootings. I have to say though, I've seen over and over again some inner city black thugs constantly committing crimes, talking trash to cops, resisting arrest, etc..and I really don't think it's helpful to continually deem them victims. If Michael Brown were white, would anyone care? Would anyone besides his own mother miss him?

I don't believe these cops wanted to go out and kill black guys. Simple reason is that their lives are pretty much ruined now. I do believe the constant disrespect, resisting orders, along with the fact that many carry illegal weapons puts police in a state of high stress and alertness that unfortunately ends in these deaths. Btw, these comments don't reflect the two killings from last week in Baton Rouge and Minnesota as we don't have all of the details yet. It doesn't totally take cops of the hook either...there are bad cops! I just believe in the big picture, we need to hold the thugs in the inner city (not the good folks in the inner city) to a much higher standard and quit making excuses for them. We also need to quit saying it's a black/white issue...it's much more of a cultural issue now and I'm convinced that the average pleasant black person isn't getting gunned down by police. Your thoughts?

What is there to understand ? Blacks kill more Blacks than ANY other race . The media and the liberal democrats continue to distort facts . When felons resist arrest and fight with law enforcement and have illegal guns in their possession someone is going to get killed , and I say let it be the thug ! :roll:

Does that give a minority the right to break laws, disobey orders, and treat cops with utter disrespect?

Do you generally debate with crazies and trolls, or do you just enjoy courageously slaying strawmen?

If you accept the inherent 'threat to group' of injustice against a minority, then you should understand the point of BLM. This is why White Lives Matter wouldn't make sense because there's no threat to whites AS A GROUP.

Do you get it now?

I am sick and tired of people telling me how racist white people are. The accusation of racism has become an excuse for failure. Say racism still exists. It always will. But don't say it's so pervasive as to sabotage the lives of black people . . . Or Asians or Japanese or Muslims or Rednecks or Hillbillies or Jews or whatevers. Many of these people sabotage THEMSELVES.

Agreed. Not every injustice these minority groups face is the fault of white people, or society stacked against them.

I never said it did.
However, Whites are a broad demographic and being such a broad demographic, pretending that different and large parts can't feel injustice is absolutely ludicrous.

they certainly may feel injustice that doesn't change the problem that blacks may feel misunderstood by "whites" or that systemic racism exists

poor blacks and whites may well have more in common than they do with the middle class of their own colour

that doesn't solve the problem

Negative. It's truthful and you are a typical head up butt example of exactly what I was talking about. Until you people learn, this will continue. Why don't you people practice some common human decency? It's unbelievable how you just proved what I was talking about. LMAO

define common human decency

they certainly may feel injustice that doesn't change the problem that blacks may feel misunderstood by "whites" or that systemic racism exists

poor blacks and whites may well have more in common than they do with the middle class of their own colour

that doesn't solve the problem

Whites may feel misunderstood by Blacks as well.
With the current public announcements that only Whites need to learn about Blacks, all that's going to do is cause more resentment and more anger.

Well, it's something he certainly doesn't practice.
well by his definition he may, I am wondering since this was also advice given:

So until the left gets rid of their selfishness, hatred, bitterness, and anger, this kind of crap will continue. It's time for you leftists to grow up.

I am contemplating if once people "grow up then their selfishness, hatred, bitterness and anger and this kind of crap"....vanish :shrug:

Sure.
Are they representative of your average White person?
Absolutely not.

no

but we are not created equal and being born to the colour of the establishment is an advantage right out of the gate...that simply can not be denied

and it weighed more heavily 25 years ago than it does now

so people may be sick of hearing that Black Lives Matter, but if one is a member of the club one is still better off than those wishing to be members of the club

women didn't count all that much not too long ago...some males feel victimized that woman are now equal and would love to tip those odds right back to where they were

any minority that gains equality has to ensure things stay that way...no time to get lazy

and the fact that the club doesn't want to hear that is too bad

no

but we are not created equal and being born to the colour of the establishment is an advantage right out of the gate...that simply can not be denied

I've never lived in a time, where Black people were not part of the "establishment."
I could understand an older Black person holding serious resentment over that, than a younger Black person.

so people may be sick of hearing that Black Lives Matter, but if one is a member of the club one is still better off than those wishing to be members of the club

I'm sick of it, largely because the perceived injustice, is not necessarily a real injustice.
The feeding frenzy surrounding these issues is largely a lack of information for a lot of people, not just White people.

women didn't count all that much not too long ago...some males feel victimized that woman are now equal and would love to tip those odds right back to where they were

any minority that gains equality has to ensure things stay that way...no time to get lazy

I really don't want to get to gender politics, but I'll say that the majority of people, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, etc. mattered little to those who controlled government.
As most people, for most of history where in some type of grinding poverty.

My club is the "chill the **** out and patiently wait for the facts to come out club."

I've never lived in a time, where Black people were not part of the "establishment."
none the less, it was real
I could understand an older Black person holding serious resentment over that, than a younger Black person.
I wish I could find the link for you but it was an article written by a wealthy black man. His kid went to a private school in a rich area. He thought his money, education and power could ensure his kid would never experience the prejudice he experienced, would never have to fear for his life for his colour.

He was wrong...his kid was taken from the street and beaten within an inch of his life because he was black and looked rich

In this article it explains in a manner I can not recreate why this man now fights for black justice. Until one lives with that experience one simply does not know.

I'm sick of it, largely because the perceived injustice, is not necessarily a real injustice.
and sometimes it is
The feeding frenzy surrounding these issues is largely a lack of information for a lot of people, not just White people.
we all lack the information and some lack the desire to attempt to see that being in a majority is an advantage

I really don't want to get to gender politics, but I'll say that the majority of people, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, etc. mattered little to those who controlled government.
power....without heart is corrupt
As most people, for most of history where in some type of grinding poverty.
yes

My club is the "chill the **** out and patiently wait for the facts to come out club."
:mrgreen: that is a good club to be in

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, they only care about $$$$.

none the less, it was real

Agreed.
That's why I think it's fine to let some stuff slide, kinda like the "racist grandparent."

I wish I could find the link for you but it was an article written by a wealthy black man. His kid went to a private school in a rich area. He thought his money, education and power could ensure his kid would never experience the prejudice he experienced, would never have to fear for his life for his colour.

He was wrong...his kid was taken from the street and beaten within an inch of his life because he was black and looked rich

In this article it explains in a manner I can not recreate why this man now fights for black justice. Until one lives with that experience one simply does not know.

Certainly individual instances like that are horrible, but is it a regular occurrence?
Not from my childhood, through adulthood.

It's harder to tolerate that kind of stuff from younger people (generally my age or younger).

and sometimes it is

Agreed.

we all lack the information and some lack the desire to attempt to see that being in a majority is an advantage

I don't think of Whites as a majority, because even though I'm White, I'm a Southern born White, whose been maligned because of where I was born.
It's harder for me to identify with other Whites outside of my area.

power....without heart is corrupt

Agreed.

Certainly individual instances like that are horrible, but is it a regular occurrence?
I don't know I only know that for that individual it doesn't matter if it is a regular occurrence

I don't think of Whites as a majority, because even though I'm White, I'm a Southern born White, whose been maligned because of where I was born.
It's harder for me to identify with other Whites outside of my area.
but I think this sums it up well...we only have our own experience to come from and when we stop hearing where others are coming from the problems intensify

we can't say to another...it's wrong to crusade for BLM because we don't know where they come from or what has happened to them...

if I am half way up a ladder and water is rising I can look up and see others have made it to safety, I am not wrong to still be concerned for myself, but I would be wrong not to see that there are others below me and closer to the rising water

I am sick and tired of people telling me how racist white people are. The accusation of racism has become an excuse for failure. Say racism still exists. It always will. But don't say it's so pervasive as to sabotage the lives of black people . . . Or Asians or Japanese or Muslims or Rednecks or Hillbillies or Jews or whatevers. Many of these people sabotage THEMSELVES.

The dominant socioeconomic race or ethnicity in any nation will almost always be the group that commits the most egregious racism. Why? Because that dominant socioeconomic group will be the most powerful group, the one that can get away with the most, and suffer the least in return. So it is with the Han in China, so it is with the Saudi clan in Saudi Arabia, so it is just about everywhere in the world.

Does that sound reasonable? Sure does...and it's true. But what that also means is that because whites are the dominant socioeconomic demographic in America, whites do commit the most egregious racism here. We can get away with the most (and do), and suffer the least in return (and we do). Does this mean we're ALL racist? Of course not. But it DOES mean that the whites who are racist can do more and worse and get away with it...and we do.

So GET OVER IT - we whites DO commit the most egregious racism in America, because we ARE the dominant socioeconomic group here...just as the socioeconomically dominant Han in China commit even more egregious racism against Tibetans in Xizang province and against the Uighurs in Xinjiang province.

The dominant socioeconomic race or ethnicity in any nation will almost always be the group that commits the most egregious racism. Why? Because that dominant socioeconomic group will be the most powerful group, the one that can get away with the most, and suffer the least in return. So it is with the Han in China, so it is with the Saudi clan in Saudi Arabia, so it is just about everywhere in the world.

Does that sound reasonable? Sure does...and it's true. But what that also means is that because whites are the dominant socioeconomic demographic in America, whites do commit the most egregious racism here. We can get away with the most (and do), and suffer the least in return (and we do). Does this mean we're ALL racist? Of course not. But it DOES mean that the whites who are racist can do more and worse and get away with it...and we do.

So GET OVER IT - we whites DO commit the most egregious racism in America, because we ARE the dominant socioeconomic group here...just as the socioeconomically dominant Han in China commit even more egregious racism against Tibetans in Xizang province and against the Uighurs in Xinjiang province.

That's idiotic. Racism is racism. There is no "most egregious racism".

So do white people need to just "be more understanding" of vicious, predatory thugs?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of black people killing black people for hair extensions?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of single black teenagers with multiple children? Multiple baby daddies? Unknown baby daddies?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of the Black Panthers?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of the rampant drug culture in black ghettos?

Why is it that everyone is caught up in color, when they should be addressing the culture?

While I may not understand, what good would it do if I did? Would you care to enlighten me with a solution that might solve their problem?

Sacrifice on your part is solution. You need to learn to live with less so that others can have more.

no

What's this club business? No one ever gave me a membership card.

So do white people need to just "be more understanding" of vicious, predatory thugs?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of black people killing black people for hair extensions?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of single black teenagers with multiple children? Multiple baby daddies? Unknown baby daddies?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of the Black Panthers?
Do white people need to just "be more understanding" of the rampant drug culture in black ghettos?

Why is it that everyone is caught up in color, when they should be addressing the culture?

I agree. The culture and value system that appears to have taken root in the black ghetto areas aren't aligned with the rest of society, chief among those that cause the friction would appear to be respect for authority and respect for law enforcement. Until this value system are supplanted by ones more in line with the rest of the population this racial strife isn't going to go away.

That's idiotic. Racism is racism. There is no "most egregious racism".

If side A has much more power than side B, do you really think that the racism committed by side B is every bit as bad, every bit as egregious as side A?

Hm?

And if so, then please 'splain to us exactly how black racism against whites was every bit as bad in the days of slavery and of Jim Crow.

Back
Top Bottom