• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do We Really Want Donald Trump's Hand on the Nuclear Button?

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I recall how Democrats worked themselves into a froth over how warlike Ronald Reagan supposedly was. They were spreading fears that we'd be in a nuclear war for sure if he was elected. And so now few pay any attention when Democrats fret about Trump's irascible nature and access to nuclear capabilities. Democrats always say those sorts of things about Republicans.

But Reagan never had the kind of hair trigger responses to any little criticism that Trump has. No president I can think of has. His needless, pointless feuds really do make one pause when considering what would happen if he got the power. He doesn't seem to be able to control himself. Even when he sees his poll numbers sliding he keeps on with the nonsense. Republican leaders have begun to turn against him even more than before. Erstwhile supporters like Gingrich are now critical of him. Were it not for the way Trump is dragging the whole party down I'd feel it's probably a good thing that he's trailing in the polls.

But then there's the problem of what Hillary would do, and that is a very big problem. Who really knows what she'll do? We can only say at this point that she's probably lied about her intentions. She's been hand in glove with the establishment, neoliberals, and with Wall Street all along, though, so maybe it will work out OK.

The Democrats may take part of Congress, but I suspect that that will last just two years, same as last time. This country, the USA, is not as liberal as they are.

No, I don't want him anywhere the Presidency and this is yet another reason. He has to actually ask - three times no less - why it might be a problem for us to nuke another country. One would have to know nothing about the last century and nothing about nuclear weapons to ask that question.

No, I don't want him anywhere the Presidency and this is yet another reason. He has to actually ask - three times no less - why it might be a problem for us to nuke another country. One would have to know nothing about the last century and nothing about nuclear weapons to ask that question.

Please link where he said that.

I don't know where people get their delusions from, its not like there is a shiny red button on his desk that launches nuclear missiles any time he feels like it. Trump cant just attack single handedly like its an EO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4YbO_1mvA

Please link where he said that.

It's been in the news all week and there are multiple DP columns about it. I strongly suspect you're well aware of that.

This is a absolutely false story. It did not happen!

link it..... you won't because it did not happen!

Im not a trump fan but this hysteria about him is tiresome. The same people who are acting so concerned about him having nuclear ability have not raised any objections to obama giving iran the green light to develope their nuclear program. Terrorists having them scare me a hell of a lot more than trump being in tje whitehouse

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Do We Really Want Donald Trump's Hand on the Nuclear Button?

no. he lacks the temperament to head the most powerful military that mankind has ever known.

I recall how Democrats worked themselves into a froth over how warlike Ronald Reagan supposedly was. They were spreading fears that we'd be in a nuclear war for sure if he was elected. And so now few pay any attention when Democrats fret about Trump's irascible nature and access to nuclear capabilities. Democrats always say those sorts of things about Republicans.

But Reagan never had the kind of hair trigger responses to any little criticism that Trump has. No president I can think of has. His needless, pointless feuds really do make one pause when considering what would happen if he got the power. He doesn't seem to be able to control himself. Even when he sees his poll numbers sliding he keeps on with the nonsense. Republican leaders have begun to turn against him even more than before. Erstwhile supporters like Gingrich are now critical of him. Were it not for the way Trump is dragging the whole party down I'd feel it's probably a good thing that he's trailing in the polls.

But then there's the problem of what Hillary would do, and that is a very big problem. Who really knows what she'll do? We can only say at this point that she's probably lied about her intentions. She's been hand in glove with the establishment, neoliberals, and with Wall Street all along, though, so maybe it will work out OK.

The Democrats may take part of Congress, but I suspect that that will last just two years, same as last time. This country, the USA, is not as liberal as they are.

I don't want Mr. Trump or Sen. Clinton but we'll be stuck with one of them. I have less concern about a hand on the button than a do their hand in my pocket. Trump will sublet the White House and Hillary will sell presidential pardons at a pace that will make Bill seem like a piker.

This is a absolutely false story. It did not happen!

link it..... you won't because it did not happen!

Scarborough: Trump asked adviser why US can't use nuclear weapons | TheHill

Trump Asks, 'If We Have [Nuclear Weapons], Why Can't We Use Them?'

Donald Trump 'asked why US couldn't use nuclear weapons if he becomes president'

Trump Asked Adviser ‘Why Can’t We Use Nuclear Weapons?’

Joe Scarborough: Donald Trump Repeatedly Asked Why We Couldn't Use Nukes

http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-said-to-wonder-why-us-cant-use-nuclear-weapons/

And that, ladies n' gents, is why we should generally ignore demands for links. Even googling using a paraphrase turns it up immediately. There were several more pages of links to this.

So what's the new knee-jerk defense? Every single printed and online piece of media is lying, and that this is proof of how awesome your would-be overlord is?

He's a singularly -- even historically -- awful candidate. He's an embarrassment. The only -- ONLY -- upside to his possible win is watching Hillary explode.

But that doesn't mean there can't also be hyperbole and unwarranted hysterics about him.

Trump would probably confer with his cabinet and congress first.

Hillary is a liberal. Liberals don't confer...they write executive orders and bypass congress.

Scarborough: Trump asked adviser why US can't use nuclear weapons | TheHill

Trump Asks, 'If We Have [Nuclear Weapons], Why Can't We Use Them?'

Donald Trump 'asked why US couldn't use nuclear weapons if he becomes president'

Trump Asked Adviser ‘Why Can’t We Use Nuclear Weapons?’

Joe Scarborough: Donald Trump Repeatedly Asked Why We Couldn't Use Nukes

http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-said-to-wonder-why-us-cant-use-nuclear-weapons/

And that, ladies n' gents, is why we should generally ignore demands for links. Even googling using a paraphrase turns it up immediately. There were several more pages of links to this.

So what's the new knee-jerk defense? Every single printed and online piece of media is lying, and that this is proof of how awesome your would-be overlord is?

And not one of those links gives a name to the "foreign policy expert" to confirm if it's true.

I've still seen no proof of this. Just a guys saying, "he asked 3 times to my secret source." Sounds like left wing media propaganda imo.

He's a singularly -- even historically -- awful candidate. He's an embarrassment. The only -- ONLY -- upside to his possible win is watching Hillary explode.

But that doesn't mean there can't also be hyperbole and unwarranted hysterics about him.

What are we going to do when the next round of emails come out and she is carted off to jail?

We will have Trump and it looks like he is trying to win it for her.

Who will be left?

Back
Top Bottom