• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do we really need to debate this?

Vadinho

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Are we really trying to figure out who to vote for individually and nationally? I can give you a pass for 2016 begrudgingly because I know right wing media has been after the Clintons since 92 and if you watch that crap you have been indoctrinated. But now after over three years of daily madness, after countless examples of Trumps unfitness for the office and you still want to vote for him, that I cannot excuse. I have notified my facebook friends that if they are Trump supporters, I want nothing to do with them. The gulf between us is too wide, it is like rooting for the guys who beat protesters in Selma. There is no moral case for wanting Trump to continue his assault on everything all of us have cherished for generations. You can spout some silly argument until your fingers ache but decent people have had enough. The world has had enough. What is the source of your rage? Why are you so angry and bitter? You must dig into yourself and ask those questions before you can regain any sense of worth to me and countless millions. No, I will not forgive you for voting for him, I will do anything I can to prevent us from suffering another four years of this insanity. Are you a good person or not? That is the essential question each of us must ask before voting.

That's very passionate and quite clearly stated.

It's also completely hyperbolic, absolutely irrational and just plain mean spirited. I have no idea how politics can play so central a role in people's lives that they feel a need to lash out at others just because of a political disagreement. If politics is really that important to you then I'll be disappointed, but not offended, that you have crossed me off your Christmas card list.

It's also completely hyperbolic, absolutely irrational and just plain mean spirited. I have no idea how politics can play so central a role in people's lives that they feel a need to lash out at others just because of a political disagreement. If politics is really that important to you then I'll be disappointed, but not offended, that you have crossed me off your Christmas card list.

Oh Lord your response was perfect. Bravo.

Are we really trying to figure out who to vote for individually and nationally? I can give you a pass for 2016 begrudgingly because I know right wing media has been after the Clintons since 92 and if you watch that crap you have been indoctrinated. But now after over three years of daily madness, after countless examples of Trumps unfitness for the office and you still want to vote for him, that I cannot excuse. I have notified my facebook friends that if they are Trump supporters, I want nothing to do with them. The gulf between us is too wide, it is like rooting for the guys who beat protesters in Selma. There is no moral case for wanting Trump to continue his assault on everything all of us have cherished for generations. You can spout some silly argument until your fingers ache but decent people have had enough. The world has had enough. What is the source of your rage? Why are you so angry and bitter? You must dig into yourself and ask those questions before you can regain any sense of worth to me and countless millions. No, I will not forgive you for voting for him, I will do anything I can to prevent us from suffering another four years of this insanity. Are you a good person or not? That is the essential question each of us must ask before voting.

Well it's because the Trump Cultists are dishonest and hypocritical. If Obama had tried 1/10th of what Trump has done, they would have lost their minds over it. I mean, the lost their minds over a tan suit, imagine if Obama had suggested that he'd adjourn Congress to get his way. You can almost hear their heads popping.

lol

Best post I have ever read here.

This is a struggle between good and evil, right and wrong. This is not about politics.

For the first time there is no grey, this is black and white.

See my post just above. This is not just about politics any longer.

It's OK Johnny. We will have ponies and balloons later to help cope with such adversity

There's always room to debate the choices we make, but ultimately it comes down to what each person's priorities are. In the case of Trump supporters it may simply be a question of favoring policy over his behavior, while others may just be content with "sticking it to the Libs". On the other side, some may hold their noses because Biden is the only other choice; this seems to be reflected in some of the polling by which candidate energizes their respective bases.

As for the rest of your post, I'm still holding out on joining either side of the divide because I can't in good faith view other citizens through only a political lens. I still think there are some bonds left that can reunite us as Americans, but we haven't found them yet. I thought a crisis might have been the trick since it's worked in the past, but given the pandemic situation, I am now doubtful of what might set us on a somewhat common path. I'm not sure if even a foreign attack would do it, since some might base their response on the politics of the target.

Your post is comedy gold

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As I’ve watched over the years the things said/posted daily by lefties, the reality is that your high horse is, at best, a jackass.

wait! you hold yourself out as Christian and then still defend tRump?

how is it even possible to reconcile one with the other?

Well it's because the Trump Cultists are dishonest and hypocritical. If Obama had tried 1/10th of what Trump has done, they would have lost their minds over it. I mean, the lost their minds over a tan suit, imagine if Obama had suggested that he'd adjourn Congress to get his way. You can almost hear their heads popping.

lol

Truth.

Trump is the epitome of white privilege. Inherited vast wealth by the age of ten, pays some smart kid to cheat him into a big school, lost his wealth by the age of ~40, went bankrupt 6 times using other people's money, cheated the banks, swindled an untold amount of middle-income earners. Became a game show host, launched his political by being an overt racist, then becomes the American president.

He's every conservative's wet dream. He's success without merit, power without intellect or conscience. No wonder conservatives will drink cyanide kool-aid just to be in his club, and do so with a smile on their face.

Do we really need to debate this?

Yes; we do need to debate this. Because who you are choosing to vote for isn't automatically the best choice for everyone else just because you think so.

Truth.

Trump is the epitome of white privilege. Inherited vast wealth by the age of ten, pays some smart kid to cheat him into a big school, lost his wealth by the age of ~40, went bankrupt 6 times using other people's money, cheated the banks, swindled an untold amount of middle-income earners. Became a game show host, launched his political by being an overt racist, then becomes the American president.

Well if that's white privilege then I think we can safely say it doesn't apply to the overwhelming majority of white Americans.

Well if that's white privilege then I think we can safely say it doesn't apply to the overwhelming majority of white Americans.

It does not apply to most Americans period.

wait! you hold yourself out as Christian and then still defend tRump?

how is it even possible to reconcile one with the other?

Matthew 22:15-22

Not everything is political and some things should NEVER be political.

That again.That Tea Party bad and - Occupy Wall Street - Good.Provable nonsense.
Then it was Black Lives Matter { an outgrowth of Obama's Organizing for America }.
Not one lick of Trouble,disruption and making a mess of a place with The Tea Party.
That's all - Occupy Wall Street - did.Plus rape,sell drugs and take over inner city parks.
Even jumping atop police cruisers { while the cops out and about catching criminals}
and defecating on those Police vehicles.
The more and more intense troublemaking with BLM with Michael Brown.
Don't forget Trayvon Martin.
There is NO Insanity whatever in Trump World.That is pure Projection.
Plus shades of Gaslighting.And of course constant use of the Blame Game.
Even attacking the character of a Supreme Court Nominee { Brett Kavanaugh }.
Which AGAIN only happens from one Side ... Blame Game Democrat Side.
Attacking Clarence Thomas and Robert Bork.

What a load of partisan and divisive nonsense.

Matthew 22:15-22

Not everything is political and some things should NEVER be political.

How wrong you be.No finer example than Today's Democrat Party.
Nothing like J.F.K.'s Party.They are constantly Political.
From the Weather to Forest Fires in the West to even what kind of place
an American chooses to eat.Like Chick-fil-A.

Bullsheet. I am stating what every normal person on the planet thinks. Go f yourself.

There's always room to debate the choices we make, but ultimately it comes down to what each person's priorities are. In the case of Trump supporters it may simply be a question of favoring policy over his behavior, while others may just be content with "sticking it to the Libs". On the other side, some may hold their noses because Biden is the only other choice; this seems to be reflected in some of the polling by which candidate energizes their respective bases.

As for the rest of your post, I'm still holding out on joining either side of the divide because I can't in good faith view other citizens through only a political lens. I still think there are some bonds left that can reunite us as Americans, but we haven't found them yet. I thought a crisis might have been the trick since it's worked in the past, but given the pandemic situation, I am now doubtful of what might set us on a somewhat common path. I'm not sure if even a foreign attack would do it, since some might base their response on the politics of the target.

the line is clear, you are either a good person or not. As adults we have to make decisions. If you are still voting for Trump, I want nothing to do with you.

For the first time there is no grey, this is black and white.

it isn't the first time, but i agree otherwise. this **** is like a bad comic book.

I really don't give a rats...about what you think. I am on the side of goodness, you apparently want to debate it. It is like debating a German in 1932, I have no desire to even acknowledge your existence.

Granted. I often conflate white privilege with the (faux) system of meritocracy, due to their interconnected nature (whites males being able to accrue vast power without the merit to do so, by virtue of white privilege). A better phrasing would be the aspiration or advantage of white privilege, in contrast with the reality of being a black male.

Trump is given infinite runway despite his history and life story. A black man, say Obama, was given zero runway to make mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom