• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do We Need Vigilantism?

I say 'yes, we do', as evidenced by the OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony verdicts. Our legal system has succumbed to moral bankruptcy, and can no longer be trusted to maintain law and order in America. The People must take matters into their own hands, and rectify grave wrongs committed against them. Let it begin with Casey Anthony, and everyone associated with the egregious miscarriage of justice her case perpetrated. There should be no safe place in this vast land for child-murderers.

no we don't. however I don't believe in allowing perpetrators who get shot or maimed in the COURSE of their criminal activities to sue or prosecute their intended victims

Very slippery slope, IMO. I'd say 'no'. I agree the justice system is a cesspool...

It’s a cesspool though, because much bigger criminals are in charge. Going after a child murderer because of a criminal system solves nothing. Revolution before Vigilantism. Focus on getting the a-holes out of charge, changing laws back to where they protect the innocent, not the guilty...

Easier said than done, but vigilantism, IMO, would make things worse, not better. O.J Simpson and a child murderer, as harsh as it sounds, is small potatoes. Fixing the bigger problem, collectively, would reduce inefficiencies in the small fry department by default…

Peace

A parallel authority must exist in society, to counter-balance the evil perpetrated by The System. When The System drifts off course, so to speak, the parallel authority must lead it back to the thin, straight line of righteousness. American freedom has come to mean reckless debauchery, and literally murders the innocent, in its orgiastic expressions. The mark of the nation's state of grave cultural decline is its zealous rationalization of immorality and destruction. The parallel authority dismisses such madness, outrightly, and for the good of the nation, takes swift, corrective action. In the shadow of the madhouse, mobilizes True Justice. The patients will not be allowed to run the asylum.

KINDERGARTEN TEACHER: "Someone please read the next passage in our book."
LITTLE JOHNNY: "I'll read, Miss. 'See Spot run. Run, Spot, run.'"
KINDERGARTEN TEACHER: "Class, did Johnny read the passage correctly?"
CLASS: "No, Miss."
KINDERGARTEN TEACHER: "How does it read, Class?"
CLASS: "SEE CASEY RUN. RUN, CASEY, RUN."

SITREP 1001
DTG: 182142(R) Jul 11
SUBJECT: Information Collection Objective 007 (Trail-Markers, Including People) / CASEY ANTHONY WATCH

1. It is anticipated that Casey Anthony will be surrounded by police, sheltered in facilities openly cordoned-off by the same, and regularly visited by Jose Baez and other members of her criminal defense team. Jose Baez himself is considered the primary trail-marker in this case. Wherever Casey Anthony goes, so will Jose Baez. In as much as Jose Baez is a licensed attorney in the state of Florida, Casey Anthony is not expected to depart from Florida in the near future, if ever.

2. The aforementioned trail-markers will be most readily observable by airborne intelligence collection platforms. All information gathered via such methods, or any other, in response to this SITREP and/or original tasking, will be reported to the undersigned, ASAP, by all available means.

3. Point of Contact is the undersigned.

Signed:
El Cid Campeon
Thread-Starter, Casey Anthony Watch (C.A.W.)

No, vigilantism is ALWAYS subject to the mood of the day, even if that mood is wrong. It was vigilantism that saw countless young Innocent Black men lynched for crimes they did not commit. Vigilantism invalidates justice in the first place, as our system was supposed to protect against that very thing. True, it does not always work that way, but I would rather let someone who is guilty go than harm someone who is innocent.

Back
Top Bottom