• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do they hate women?[W:571]

Do they hate women?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
People who are actively working to get stricter abortion laws ---- do you think they hate women?

Re: Do they hate women?

Oh hell no!! It's totally the opposite. If I hated women why would I care what they did to their bodies, babies and souls?

People who are actively working to get stricter abortion laws ---- do you think they hate women?

I don't think they 'hate' women, I think they are mistaken in placing more value on the-not-yet-known life than they do on the existing life.

I don't think they 'hate' women, I think they are mistaken in placing more value on the-not-yet-known life than they do on the existing life.

More value? Hell, we're simply trying to get equal value.

I really don't think they hate women.

They just haven't give any good reasons for why potentials must be fulfilled

Last edited:

No, women have thrown around the words "hate" and "misogyny" so much, they no longer have much meaning. It's easy when you have as much political power as feminists to label people as hateful when they don't completely support your narrow-minded political platform.

Of course not.

It's about saving the baby's life - the innocent who's never had any say about it. The baby needs to be protected.

The baby needs to be protected.

There is no reason why it must be protected since it doesn't even have the mental capabilities of a cockroach when killed most of the time

No, just the rights of others. Anti-abortion, anti-gun, anti-SSM, anti-rights. They are all the same.

There is no reason why it must be protected since it doesn't even have the mental capabilities of a cockroach when killed most of the time

And once aborted it never will.

More value? Hell, we're simply trying to get equal value.

When people tell another person, that regardless of their circumstances, health or mental health, that they MUST carry the fetus to term or they are committing murder, then they are placing more value on the fetus then the are the woman.

That's not equal value.

Of course not.

It's about saving the baby's life - the innocent who's never had any say about it. The baby needs to be protected.

at least until it's born
and then they complain about the nation offering welfare for its continued benefit

When people tell another person, that regardless of their circumstances, health or mental health, that they MUST carry the fetus to term or they are committing murder, then they are placing more value on the fetus then the are the woman.

That's not equal value.

It depends by what one means of ''equal value'' as in all animal species and not one particular one? Or the entities that have mental capabilities above that of your average ordinary animal?

Who knows really

Not necessarily. It's very easy for me to understand the pro-life position in spite of being virulently pro-choice. If you truly believe that an unborn child is worth as much if not more than the woman who is carrying it because it's human, innocent, whatever, then I get why your pro-life position has nothing to do with hating women. It's just about the child. I do, however, think that there are pro-life people whose position comes from hating women. After all, misogynists still certainly exist. There are some men who just think poorly of women and believe that they need to shut up and do what they're told. I would imagine that pro-life men like this see abortion as disobedience, a betrayal of their "role" as women or something similar so it pisses them off. There are also some women who - internalizing misogyny - are misogynists themselves and take on similar attitudes.

I don't know what percentage of pro-life people have those attitudes or other misogynistic attitudes. I don't think about pro-life people enough to come up with even a ballpark percentage. What's interesting, though, is that when you read discussions about abortion, many pro-life people - including on DP - descend into misogynistic seeming comments where they denigrate women who get abortions. I've seen so many nasty comments on DP about women who opt for abortion and it's disgusting. However, it can be difficult for me to tell whether these comments are coming from a place of misogyny or coming from a place of just being genuinely disgusted with adults who would kill "innocent children" (in the words of pro-lifers) much in the same way most people might get pissed at child molesters or rapists. In other words, there is a lot of reason to believe that many pro-lifers are misogynists, but it could also be a misinterpretation of the motives behind their expressed frustration.

But again, I think there are plenty of pro-life people who just simply value the unborn child above all else. There are plenty of pro-life people who, even when pressed by pro-choicers, do not devolve into nasty insults against women who get abortions. These are people who I don't believe are misogynistic at all as they've given me no reason to consider the possibility.

Last edited:

That's not a fair representation of the Pro-Life movement.

No, just the rights of others. Anti-abortion, anti-gun, anti-SSM, anti-rights. They are all the same.

I see your point, I know I'm also anti-homicide rights, anti-infanticide rights and anti-child (and animal) abuse rights.

I'm not anti-SSM btw.

So, from your POV for clarity's sake, what is a correct Pro-life movement representation?

They put equal value on both parties.

So, from your POV for clarity's sake, what is a correct Pro-life movement representation?

From you quote above: We do not put more value on the baby. We just believe the baby has a right to live. The baby can't speak for itself, somebody must. It's not more value, it is simply giving value.

Absolutely not. Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, I think it's pretty obvious to see that hating women is not why the vast majority of pro-life people are against abortion.

I see your point, I know I'm also anti-homicide rights, anti-infanticide rights and anti-child (and animal) abuse rights.

I'm not anti-SSM btw.

How many of those are legally recognized?

Back
Top Bottom