• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do they hate women?[W:571]

Do they hate women?

• Total voters
Re: Do they hate women?

Do women who have abortions hate babies?

The answer is NO to both questions.

How many of those are legally recognized?

What relevance is that? You still support SSM rights regardless of the actual legality, don't you? My morality is not dependent on what the law is. If abortion were outlawed tomorrow, would you suddenly oppose it? The point is, when you say something like we're anti-rights, we view abortion just like those other things. I could say you're anti fetal right to live.

When people tell another person, that regardless of their circumstances, health or mental health, that they MUST carry the fetus to term or they are committing murder, then they are placing more value on the fetus then the are the woman.

That's not equal value.

What is being pushed for (in most cases) are common sense restrictions on a practice which replaces consideration for the value of a human life with the simple whims of one individual. We don't allow that in homicide cases and there is no good reason to allow it in matters related to abortion.

The other thing we are pushing for is a prohibition on public funding for this practice. We don't publicly fund other elective medical procedures so there is no good reason to fund this one.

In short, what we are calling for is the right of an unborn human child to be treated equally to the rest of mankind.

Last edited:

People who are actively working to get stricter abortion laws ---- do you think they hate women?

Some may? I think they don't respect the rights of women make their own decisions as to their body and reproductive choices.

People who are actively working to get stricter abortion laws ---- do you think they hate women?

Approximately half of the innocent victims of abortion are girls, who would have become women if they were allowed to live.

I find it very bizarre that the side that wants them to die, gets to accuse the side that wants them to live, of hating women.

Some may? I think they don't respect the rights of women make their own decisions as to their body and reproductive choices.

But they aren't just making a decision about their body, they are ultimately making a decision about the baby's body and life. That is wrong.

Devaluing women is one definition of misogyny, so I would say yes.

Bad poll, limited responses.

"When did you stop beating your wife."

Hi Gina. :2wave: Can I ask you, can you understand why abortion bothers us? Do you feel there's any point during the pregnancy that abortion rights should be restricted?

When people tell another person, that regardless of their circumstances, health or mental health, that they MUST carry the fetus to term or they are committing murder, then they are placing more value on the fetus then the are the woman.

That's not equal value.

To needlessly kill an innocent person, is to commit murder.

To allow one person to take the life of another, in order to avoid adverse consequences that are significantly less drastic than death, is to value the life of the one to be killed much less than the life of the one seeking to kill.

Hi Gina. :2wave: Can I ask you, can you understand why abortion bothers us? Do you feel there's any point during the pregnancy that abortion rights should be restricted?

We understand why abortion bothers you, but what bothers you about it is not rational.

If you make an exception for cases of rape, incest, and medical emergency, then your arguments against murder and for sanctity of life are not wholesome.

The fact that elective abortion is the thing being targetted is just a product of prudish America trying to punish sluts, and the fact that there are exceptions to "murder" shows that the pro-life philosophy is not rational and is liable to be discarded.

I'm going with a a blimp-sized "No", floating in sky above. I don't believe either side of the abortion argument really hates women. The "pro-life" side, especially the hardliners, believe most if not all abortion is the murder of what they believe to be a human life. I disagree, but I totally understand why they do what they do. To them, it's not about hating women, but stopping what they view as a grave moral (and legal) injustice. I've got friends and family who don't' agree with me on abortion rights, but I wouldn't ever accuse them of hating women.

Do women who have abortions hate babies?

The answer is NO to both questions.

To desire or seek the death of an innocent person is the ultimate act of hate.

Abortion is an act of hate. You cannot willingly have any part in it without hate. You cannot defend this evil practice without hate.

Last edited:

But they aren't just making a decision about their body, they are ultimately making a decision about the baby's body and life. That is wrong.

This is place where we always get in the discussion. Up to the point of viability, as stated in Roe v. Wade, it's the law that a woman has a right to an abortion on demand.

I can't quickly find the text of the decision but here is a quote from a discussion on it:
The decision held that the state could not prohibit abortion in the first trimester of pregnancy; in the second trimester, states could issue regulations "that are reasonably related to maternal health"; and in the final trimester, once the fetus is viable beyond the womb, the state could regulate or even prohibit abortion except in cases "where it is necessary, in appropriate medical judgment, for the preservation of the life or health of the mother."

I agree with that decision. Viability is the red line and after that, health of the mother, or if the fetus has profound health issues that will cause death during delivery or shortly thereafter.

This is place where we always get in the discussion. Up to the point of viability, as stated in Roe v. Wade, it's the law that a woman has a right to an abortion on demand.

I can't quickly find the text of the decision but here is a quote from a discussion on it:

I agree with that decision. Viability is the red line and after that, health of the mother, or if the fetus has profound health issues that will cause death during delivery or shortly thereafter.

The court got it wrong and I do not accept their position.

Let's not forget, the child is also the father's. Most pro-choice want the father's decision ignored.

I'm going with a a blimp-sized "No", floating in sky above. I don't believe either side of the abortion argument really hates women. The "pro-life" side, especially the hardliners, believe most if not all abortion is the murder of what they believe to be a human life. I disagree, but I totally understand why they do what they do. To them, it's not about hating women, but stopping what they view as a grave moral (and legal) injustice. I've got friends and family who don't' agree with me on abortion rights, but I wouldn't ever accuse them of hating women.

Right. But one of the traits of monotheism is how generously it deals out the death penalty. The idea that there is even a shred of humanity in any of the monotheistic cults requires hallucinogens to believe. Yet they whine on and on about babies. Who buys into their garbage ?...........................................

To desire or seek the death of an innocent person is the ultimate act of hate.

I'm not sure I agree with that, but I would say it's definitely shows a lacks of respect and disregard for life of your offspring. Anyone that desires to kill their own offspring is not someone I would consider having even a sense of moral character about them.

The issue, Gina, is that when you are pregnant you are no longer making decisions for one person...you are now making decisions for two people.

Let's not forget, the child is also the father's. Most pro-choice want the father's decision ignored.

Where is your money, bro?

Ok, does your agreement with laws restricting the woman's right to chose after a certain point mean that you hate women and women's rights?

If you agree with that then you also need to acknowledge that viability is regularly pushed earlier and earlier in pregnancy due to medical advances.

Right. But one of the traits of monotheism is how generously it deals out the death penalty. The idea that there is even a shred of humanity in any of the monotheistic cults requires hallucinogens to believe. Yet they whine on and on about babies. Who buys into their garbage ?...........................................

Comparing apples and oranges I see.

Back
Top Bottom