• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do stand your ground laws allow the ground-stander to act agressively prior to[W:222]

Re: Do stand your ground laws allow the ground-stander to act agressively prior to...

So, the fact that you just posted this in refute to my post means I can physically harm you in your world?

There's a difference between not liking what someone is doing and being in danger. Please try to keep up.

You don't you have any evidence GZ killed TM because he didn't like him.

Re: Do stand your ground laws allow the ground-stander to act agressively prior to...

So, the fact that you just posted this in refute to my post means I can physically harm you in your world?

There's a difference between not liking what someone is doing and being in danger. Please try to keep up.

Yes, two separate issues, that I believe no one ever proved were related.

Well alert the legal community that the presumption of innocence is no longer a valid legal premise!

Knock yourself out.

Its is a valid premise.. except for the self defense claim.. then its not...

the legal community is very aware of this.. that's why they don't advise their clients to plead self defense very often... because its a much higher bar...

I already posted the Florida statute..

Do a little research.. and you will find I am right...

Re: Do stand your ground laws allow the ground-stander to act agressively prior to[W:

- Following someone for an extended period especially in an isolated area that my also not be well lit
- Making angry stares
- Coming within a certain radius of the person especially in isolated and unlit areas; violating "personal space"
- Starting a conversation of a hostile tone but no threats were made
- Initiating an interrogation with no obvious justification especially in a condescending tone
- Other acts of not violent agression

If you add those things up it sounds like a stalker. Which can be viewed as harassment. And if such harassment is done repeatably or by a group then there might be grounds to assume this person or persons as a physical threat. In town you could always call law enforcement, down by sodom creek one might be wise to take a more hands on approach.

Agree the drug laws are stupid. However, it's still a law. If we follow whatever laws we feel like following we'll have anarchy.
Don't agree with "racial profiling". Who commits the most crimes, per capita, in this country? Black people. So who should cops look for more than others? Black people. That's the way it is. If black people don't want to be profiled, they should straighten their act up. Simple as that.

That is complete BS. It is overwhelmingly probable that any given suspect will be white. Meaning that if a crime happens law enforcement should be profiling white people because the odds are is that the suspect was white.

Seeing a black person doesnt warrant any paranoid suspensions. Logically though if you are in a black neighborhood then the suspect might be black. ANd if you are in a Hispanic neighborhood the suspect might be Hispanic. And in a white neighborhood the suspect might be white. Just because a race is a minority in a neighborhood doesnt mean anything.

Asserting that more black people do more bad things than white people is just plain ass racist.

And to back up my assertion look at the numbers.

FBI — Table 43

Arrests, by Race, 2011

In 2011, 69.2 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.4 percent were black, and 2.4 percent were of other races.

Of all juveniles (individuals under the age of 18) arrested in 2011 in the nation, 65.7 percent were white, 32.0 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.

Nearly 70 percent (69.7) of all adults (18 years of age and over) arrested in 2011 were white, 27.9 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.

White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 59.4 percent of those arrests.

The percentages of white adults and black adults arrested for murder were similar, with 48.2 percent being white, and 49.4 percent being black.

Juveniles who were black accounted for 51.4 percent of juvenile arrests for violent crimes.

Juveniles who were white accounted for 62.4 percent of juvenile arrests for property crimes.

Of the juveniles arrested for driving under the influence, 91.6 percent were white.

Juveniles who were white accounted for 72.9 percent of the persons under 18 who were arrested for arson in 2011.

Yeah, you're right, I can't stomach self defense. What with being a Marine and all. It's just not in our nature to fight against things we don't like:roll:
As I said, YOU CANNOT KILL SOMEONE SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY'RE DOING. There is a difference between protecting yourself (which is what Zimmerman did) and being overly aggressive simply because you don't like what someone's doing (which is what Martin did). I'm not advocating that we as a people not be allowed to protect ourselves. Not by a long shot. I'm simply saying that, as long as a person is not physically harming you, you don't have a right to physically harm them. If someone is yelling in your face, how is that putting you in danger? If someone is following you, how is that harming you? All you simply have to do is call the authorities. That's what police are for.

I agree and disagree. No, you can't violently assault someone for not liking what they are doing or - by itself - following you. BUT I do not agree it always necessary to wait until someone is first physically hurting a person before the person can use force in defense. I am absolutely confident you - as a marine - were not trained never shoot at anyone until they first have shot at you and never hurt anyone until they have hurt you. I'm right, aren't I?

It is circumstance. My wife as example is highly training, including significant levels of situational rehearsals, that in a potential danger situation she is to demand a man seeming a threat to stop at 30 feet, if not at 20 feet to level down on him shouting she will kill him if he does not stop and retreat and to shoot in the head-chest-head at 10 feet if he doesn't.
She does not have to wait until he is harming her - or even until she is defenseless against him - to act. The question would be was her fear reasonable and that is situationally subjective.

There is no evidence that TM had reason to assault GZ if that is how it happened. The state couldn't prove it happened otherwise. However, for GZ's size, without his injuries he'd have a real problem on defense. On the other hand, a small woman might not have that problem without injuries. Even the nature of the psychology of the 2 involved can factor in.

It is too situational to come up with absolute rules.

Last edited:

You don't you have any evidence GZ killed TM because he didn't like him.
Dude, are you not understanding that you and I agree that GZ was justified in killing TM? Holy crap! Some users on this site are dense. What I'm saying is that TM had no right to assault GZ simply because he didn't like what he (GZ) was doing to him (TM). DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

That is complete BS. It is overwhelmingly probable that any given suspect will be white. Meaning that if a crime happens law enforcement should be profiling white people because the odds are is that the suspect was white.

Seeing a black person doesnt warrant any paranoid suspensions. Logically though if you are in a black neighborhood then the suspect might be black. ANd if you are in a Hispanic neighborhood the suspect might be Hispanic. And in a white neighborhood the suspect might be white. Just because a race is a minority in a neighborhood doesnt mean anything.

Asserting that more black people do more bad things than white people is just plain ass racist.

And to back up my assertion look at the numbers.

FBI — Table 43

Arrests, by Race, 2011

In 2011, 69.2 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.4 percent were black, and 2.4 percent were of other races.

Of all juveniles (individuals under the age of 18) arrested in 2011 in the nation, 65.7 percent were white, 32.0 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.

Nearly 70 percent (69.7) of all adults (18 years of age and over) arrested in 2011 were white, 27.9 percent were black, and 2.3 percent were of other races.

White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 59.4 percent of those arrests.

The percentages of white adults and black adults arrested for murder were similar, with 48.2 percent being white, and 49.4 percent being black.

Juveniles who were black accounted for 51.4 percent of juvenile arrests for violent crimes.

Juveniles who were white accounted for 62.4 percent of juvenile arrests for property crimes.

Of the juveniles arrested for driving under the influence, 91.6 percent were white.

Juveniles who were white accounted for 72.9 percent of the persons under 18 who were arrested for arson in 2011.

You're missing the point my friend. The point is that PER CAPITA, black people are more likely to commit crimes ie a higher percentage of black people, AMONG BLACK PEOPLE, commit crimes than whites. That's the point. In other words, when I see a black person, that person is more likely (due to the higher percentage of people OF HIS RACE committing crimes) to do me harm than a white person or hispanic person. Maybe I didn't explain myself as well as I should have. If not, my bust.

I agree and disagree. No, you can't violently assault someone for not liking what they are doing or - by itself - following you. BUT I do not agree it always necessary to wait until someone is first physically hurting a person before the person can use force in defense. I am absolutely confident you - as a marine - were not trained never shoot at anyone until they first have shot at you and never hurt anyone until they have hurt you. I'm right, aren't I?

It is circumstance. My wife as example is highly training, including significant levels of situational rehearsals, that in a potential danger situation she is to demand a man seeming a threat to stop at 30 feet, if not at 20 feet to level down on him shouting she will kill him if he does not stop and retreat and to shoot in the head-chest-head at 10 feet if he doesn't.
She does not have to wait until he is harming her - or even until she is defenseless against him - to act. The question would be was her fear reasonable and that is situationally subjective.

There is no evidence that TM had reason to assault GZ if that is how it happened. The state couldn't prove it happened otherwise. However, for GZ's size, without his injuries he'd have a real problem on defense. On the other hand, a small woman might not have that problem without injuries. Even the nature of the psychology of the 2 involved can factor in.

It is too situational to come up with absolute rules.

Agreed on the threat. I said above (to another user) that if someone is in danger (which doesn't neccessarily mean physical harm), they have a right to defend themselves. However, danger is relative. It is indeed a hard situation to pass judgement on.

Agreed on the threat. I said above (to another user) that if someone is in danger (which doesn't neccessarily mean physical harm), they have a right to defend themselves. However, danger is relative. It is indeed a hard situation to pass judgement on.
Yet it seems how the public largely decided this case is upon what the media and press told them - and that is on making judgment personally on the 2 individuals. Most GZ haters will go on and on of GZ's past to prove he is evil. And Most GZ supporters are more critical on TM personally, including also in very hateful and degrading ways. Then, depending which of those 2 of each as persons, they construct the case with selective facts and largely speculations - if not outright denials - to prove they are right.

This is the fact. We will never know "who started it."

Clearly GZ didn't get any blows in on TM, but that does NOT mean GZ didn't start it. GZ is a big men. Most men think they are as tough as when younger. GZ had worked as party security. In fact, generally security and bouncers deal with aggression by shoving the other person to prove he's tough. While GZ never even was accused of assaulting an officer, he was charged (it dropped) with interfering with an officer by shoving the officer off a friend of his. While personally I respect GZ for that - coming to his friend's aid but not escalating it by fighting the officer (rather likely diverting the officer to GZ and in that defusing it at his own personal expense - in that it is not impossible that when TM got in GZ's face mouthing at him and seemingly physically threatening and GZ shoved TM back hard being a heavier, lower man.

In response, TM - big, fast and very long arms slams the palm of his into GZ's face breaking his nose and knocking him down to gain advantage. And, most directly relevant, is learned TM has texted about breaking someone's nose to win a fight and the advantage have when over someone. BUT, in that scenario, if GZ had shoved TM, I think TM has ever legal basis to slam GZ in the nose. Yet, in terms of not being surreal judgmentalism, on the bottomline once GZ's head hit the concrete - and with a gun in this incident - one of them was going to likely die.

Since we can not possibly be certain how it started in terms of becoming violent, regardless of which one died we would have conclude there is not enough evidence to prove either one guilty. Since we can not possibly know, there is no other possible verdict. If TM had gotten the gun and shot GZ and a lawyer advising him particularly, he would have said it started by GZ shoving him or throwing a punch at him. Yes, it could have happened that way. It could have happened how GZ said. Or could have happened some other way entirely. We'll never know, will we? THEREFORE, WE CAN NOT PASS JUDGMENT - AND THAT MEANS WE CAN NOT FIND HIM GUILTY. In no way, did the jury find him innocent.

It's be like putting Marines on trial after a fire-fight. While I suppose there are extreme circumstances to do so, doing so on speculation and lack to provable instant to instance actions of each Marine doesn't constitute reason for a charge, for a trial, and certainly not conviction and dishonorable discharge. It is the basis, if a serious complaint, for an investigation. There was an investigation. The police said there is no provable case. And all along they were absolutely right - and obviously so.

Like those who say GZ knew he wasn't in serious danger with only - so far- a shattered nose and the back of head bleeding in 2 different places. The answer to them is they weren't there. There is no way to know what a person would do do, let alone say what GZ would or should have done.

We do not know what we do not know. We do not know that GZ was in reality guilty or innocent. We'll never know. Accordingly, he walks. We each can still form our own opinion of him as a person. And we can each do so about TM too.

Last edited:

You're missing the point my friend. The point is that PER CAPITA, black people are more likely to commit crimes ie a higher percentage of black people, AMONG BLACK PEOPLE, commit crimes than whites. That's the point. In other words, when I see a black person, that person is more likely (due to the higher percentage of people OF HIS RACE committing crimes) to do me harm than a white person or hispanic person. Maybe I didn't explain myself as well as I should have. If not, my bust.

You point out per capita as if its a really good excuse to single out a American citizen because of the color of their skin. If a loved one is killed I dont want law enforcement wasting time following up leads that go nowhere. They should always go with the evidence. If there was a description of a black man that just committed a crime and around the corner comes a black man then by all means talk to the man. But if a crime is committed and there isnt any racial description and a black man comes around the corner by all means talk to him, perhaps he saw something. But dont automatically make him a suspect just because of statistical data. What happens with racial profiling is that if allowed then its a free ticket for law enforcement to hassle people based on race.

Statistically per capita Americans are fat compared to some other countries, so all Americans are fat? All Americans must go on a diet then because hey per capita we are more likely to be fat. I dont know about you but I am not fat and dont need to go on a diet. If someone asserted that I am probable fat because I am a American then I would point the fallacy of their argument. There is no difference in your argument; it is a logical fallacy. It doesnt matter the color of anyone's skin because we dont live in a per capita neighborhood. Per capita 1 out ten people might die next week, there is nothing saying that the 1 person is that group of ten at the bus stop. Or all ten at the bus stop could be the section that is going to die.

It wouldnt make any sense to walk up to a bus stop and proclaim that one of those ten people were going to die next week. Just like it makes no sense to accuse a American citizen of possibly committing a crime because per capita their race is assumed to be arrested more. Did you ever wonder why blacks are arrested more? How many were arrested because some racist cop figured that they were black and must be guilty? DO you know for the fact that black people commit more crimes or is it just that they get arrested more?

You point out per capita as if its a really good excuse to single out a American citizen because of the color of their skin. If a loved one is killed I dont want law enforcement wasting time following up leads that go nowhere. They should always go with the evidence. If there was a description of a black man that just committed a crime and around the corner comes a black man then by all means talk to the man. But if a crime is committed and there isnt any racial description and a black man comes around the corner by all means talk to him, perhaps he saw something. But dont automatically make him a suspect just because of statistical data. What happens with racial profiling is that if allowed then its a free ticket for law enforcement to hassle people based on race.

Statistically per capita Americans are fat compared to some other countries, so all Americans are fat? All Americans must go on a diet then because hey per capita we are more likely to be fat. I dont know about you but I am not fat and dont need to go on a diet. If someone asserted that I am probable fat because I am a American then I would point the fallacy of their argument. There is no difference in your argument; it is a logical fallacy. It doesnt matter the color of anyone's skin because we dont live in a per capita neighborhood. Per capita 1 out ten people might die next week, there is nothing saying that the 1 person is that group of ten at the bus stop. Or all ten at the bus stop could be the section that is going to die.

It wouldnt make any sense to walk up to a bus stop and proclaim that one of those ten people were going to die next week. Just like it makes no sense to accuse a American citizen of possibly committing a crime because per capita their race is assumed to be arrested more. Did you ever wonder why blacks are arrested more? How many were arrested because some racist cop figured that they were black and must be guilty? DO you know for the fact that black people commit more crimes or is it just that they get arrested more?
Here's what I know:
1) There is more black on white crime than white on black crime. This has been sited already in this thread.
2) Blacks are convicted (not just arrested) of more crimes, by percentage in their race, than any other race in America. This isn't just some racist cop. It takes a racist cop, a racist witness (I guess camera's can be racist right?), a racist judge/jury, a racist defense attorney, etc, etc. There may be instances where a complete line of racists come together to convict a black man of crime, but I'd imagine that happens about as much as the sun and moon line up for a eclipse.
3) If you need anymore proof of this, just look at the NYPD's year end crime and enforcement report.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downlo...planning/2012_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

You can call the fact that I'm more cautious around a young black male than I am a young white male racist all you want. I call it playing the odds. Sure, if a young white male comes up, looking strung out on drugs, etc, etc then I'm going to be cautious. However, he has to give me some indicators that he may mean me or my family harm. The odds and stats tell me that a young black male simply needs to be young, black, and a male to be a danger to me. Now, if I were a racist, I would say the same of an old black male, a young black female, etc. I don't. They don't show the propensity to hurt people or rob them so I am not on guard around them. The young black male does. Its the same as if I were in Iraq or Afghanistan. The majority of guys we fought there were young (18-30) and of Arab descent. Hence, we were more cautious when we saw a group of guys fitting that criteria. It's not racist, no matter what you want to believe through your equal opportunity/outcome lens. Its called being a smart human being who notices when someone fits the description of a person who tends to harm people more than others. That's it.

Here's what I know:
1) There is more black on white crime than white on black crime. This has been sited already in this thread.
2) Blacks are convicted (not just arrested) of more crimes, by percentage in their race, than any other race in America. This isn't just some racist cop. It takes a racist cop, a racist witness (I guess camera's can be racist right?), a racist judge/jury, a racist defense attorney, etc, etc. There may be instances where a complete line of racists come together to convict a black man of crime, but I'd imagine that happens about as much as the sun and moon line up for a eclipse.
3) If you need anymore proof of this, just look at the NYPD's year end crime and enforcement report.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downlo...planning/2012_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

You can call the fact that I'm more cautious around a young black male than I am a young white male racist all you want. I call it playing the odds. Sure, if a young white male comes up, looking strung out on drugs, etc, etc then I'm going to be cautious. However, he has to give me some indicators that he may mean me or my family harm. The odds and stats tell me that a young black male simply needs to be young, black, and a male to be a danger to me. Now, if I were a racist, I would say the same of an old black male, a young black female, etc. I don't. They don't show the propensity to hurt people or rob them so I am not on guard around them. The young black male does. Its the same as if I were in Iraq or Afghanistan. The majority of guys we fought there were young (18-30) and of Arab descent. Hence, we were more cautious when we saw a group of guys fitting that criteria. It's not racist, no matter what you want to believe through your equal opportunity/outcome lens. Its called being a smart human being who notices when someone fits the description of a person who tends to harm people more than others. That's it.

Lets get something straight right now: I have no "equal opportunity/outcome lens". I dont appreciate your accusation there at all.

So what about the rights of the black people that dont fall into your statistical box? Screw them they might be dangerous too? How exactly do you know the difference? Are you magic?

You should assess the area that you are in along with a lot of other information. Dont go 'oh a young black guy, I better be on guard!' Because if you are more vigilant around just certain people it means that you are less vigilant around certain people. ANd those that you were less vigalant around that will be the most dangerous.

But really it should go without saying that if you are in a neighborhood that is known for black gangs that perhaps one should watch out for them. But then there is a difference from a large group of young blacks wearing gang colors and that young black guy bagging your groceries. According to you though that bag boy is a young black guy watch him he is dangerous because for no other reason than he is a young black guy that fits your statistical criteria. That is indeed a good example of racism.

I like how you tried to back track from what you said

Don't agree with "racial profiling". Who commits the most crimes, per capita, in this country? Black people. So who should cops look for more than others? Black people. That's the way it is. If black people don't want to be profiled, they should straighten their act up. Simple as that.
I didnt see anywhere that you said a age limit. You were clear that you were talking about all black people. It was very racist. Simple as that. But now you are trying to make it not simple arent you?

You asserted that the cops (not your personal actions) should be looking on the public's coin for black people. And that if black people dont want to be profiled they (as in the entire black American population) should clean up their act. It was ****ing disgusting to read such bigotry. Are you going to man up to this and admit what you said or try to hide with more back tracking bull****?

Last edited:

Zimmerman didn't catch him. He lost sight of Trayvon while he was still talking to the dispatcher. Zimmerman might have been out of shape but he wasn't that over weight when he killed Martin...at least not like he is now. Trayvon on the other hand told his friend Racheal on his cell phone that he wasn't going to run, but that he would walk real fast instead.

We only have Zimmerman's eye witness account and considering it was dark and raining, he could only guess where Trayvon was going by the direction he was heading. Trayvon on the other hand, was new to the gated community and all the houses look the same...he may not have known exactly the best or fastest way back to his fathers condo. And too, if he was being followed by an unknown threat, he wouldn't want to lead them back to his house, where his younger brother was. Instead, he would try to lead them away.

That is my point. Martin was out of danger. Zimmerman had lost track of him or had broken off pursuit. Either way, the danger was over. The only way this could have escalated is if Martin did the escalating.

True, Martin was not a permanent resident of the neighborhood, but he had been there often enough to know the way to the 7-11, in the rain. But apparently not often enough to find his way back.

We don't know if Martin thought or knew he was out of danger...remember, we only have Zimmerman's side of the story.

And too, if Martin thought he was being followed by an unknown threat, he wouldn't want to lead them back to his house, where his younger brother was. Instead, he would try to lead them away.

Here's another thought....apparently, Trayvon confronted Zimmerman while he was still on his cell phone talking to his friend, Rachael. She heard him say, "why are you following me?". Zimmerman's account is that Trayvon said, “You got a problem with me?” In Zimmerman's account, Trayvon sounds a lot more threatening than Rachaels account. So suppose Zimmerman's is the right one and he did feel threatened by this big black teen and started to reach for his gun. Now who is the aggressor?

If Zimmerman was reaching for his gun then Trayvon might have thought his life was threatened and punched him in the nose and tackled him to the ground to try and keep him from getting and using the gun. All the evidence fits that scenario, too.

Lets get something straight right now: I have no "equal opportunity/outcome lens". I dont appreciate your accusation there at all.
kleenex.jpg
So what about the rights of the black people that dont fall into your statistical box? Screw them they might be dangerous too? How exactly do you know the difference? Are you magic?
Where did I say I would violate their rights? I simply said I would be more wary of them. No law says I can't do that.
You should assess the area that you are in along with a lot of other information.
Thanks man. I need advice from an anonymous internet guy on how to be vigilant and defend myself. I haven't had enough training in that.
untitled.jpg
Dont go 'oh a young black guy, I better be on guard!' Because if you are more vigilant around just certain people it means that you are less vigilant around certain people. ANd those that you were less vigalant around that will be the most dangerous.
So I should walk around on pins and needles all day? Nah. I do that enough on deployments. I'll just do it when people are around me that might be dangerous ie the people that fit the statistical mold for being a criminal.
But really it should go without saying that if you are in a neighborhood that is known for black gangs that perhaps one should watch out for them.
Why because they're black? So you're a racist too? Now we can be racists together! Yaaay!
But then there is a difference from a large group of young blacks wearing gang colors and that young black guy bagging your groceries. According to you though that bag boy is a young black guy watch him he is dangerous because for no other reason than he is a young black guy that fits your statistical criteria. That is indeed a good example of racism.
That young black guy might be a gang member as well. He can't wear colors into the grocery store. You see, there's a difference between saying all young black people ARE gang bangers (which is what you assert I am saying) and saying most MIGHT be (which is what I'm actually saying).
I like how you tried to back track from what you said

I didnt see anywhere that you said a age limit. You were clear that you were talking about all black people. It was very racist. Simple as that. But now you are trying to make it not simple arent you?

You asserted that the cops (not your personal actions) should be looking on the public's coin for black people. And that if black people dont want to be profiled they (as in the entire black American population) should clean up their act. It was ****ing disgusting to read such bigotry. Are you going to man up to this and admit what you said or try to hide with more back tracking bull****?
Yeah, all black people, when compared to same age group of opposite races, are statistically more likely to hurt me or my family. However, an old black man or black woman doesn't threaten me. I was talking about who is a threat to me. They don't show the propensity to try to harm someone who is of greater strength or is a threat to them. They don't have the physical ability to overtake me. Sure, they may have a gun but I'm confident that I could disarm them or avoid the situation all together. A young black male however is most likely as strong or stronger than me and is more likely to have a gun.
I don't have to back track on anything bro. I could care less what you think of me or my opinion and I definitely don't care enough about you or your opinion to "backtrack" on what I'm saying. If you don't like what I'm posting, don't read it.

View attachment 67150872

Where did I say I would violate their rights? I simply said I would be more wary of them. No law says I can't do that.

Thanks man. I need advice from an anonymous internet guy on how to be vigilant and defend myself. I haven't had enough training in that.
View attachment 67150873

One moment you are saying that all black people need to be watched by law enforcement the next you deny that you said that. Lol Good thing you cant go back and delete your post that shows what you actually said.

Lets read it again.

There it is according to you we should do away with black people rights because they are black. Again it still didnt mention anywhere at all anything about anyone's age. You just tried to back pedal when I called you out for your racist comment.
So a cop looking at a race of people more than another because that race commits crime at a higher rate than another is racism? Riiiiiight. Looking at the crime differently because of the color of the offender would be racist. What I am stating is simply good police work.
BTW looking out for black criminal street gangs really has nothing to do with their skin color. Not all black people run around in small groups wearing gang colors, Its really obvious, hell just as obvious as skin heads. Neither group is just a bunch of young guys hanging out. Perhaps you havent been around that part of town before?
So looking for the BLACK street gang has nothing to do with the fact that they are black? Okay buddy. And now its okay to single out white guys with shaved heads and big mustaches but not the black guys, regardless of what they're wearing? Gotcha. I don't know why I'm even entertaining a "debate" with you anymore. You make no sense. The first thing to look for, if you're looking for a black gang member is drum roll A BLACK GUY! Then, you go down the list of things that may indicate if he is one. How old is he? What's he wearing? Who's he with? What's he doing at that moment? etc etc. That's called logical deduction guy. Not just a cop riding around in a car waiting on all of the colorless people in the streets to start shooting at him or each other, sell drugs in front of him, etc. Oh, and guess what's the first thing they ask you when you're a witness to a crime? Another drumroll. "Was he white, black, hispanic, etc?"

So a cop looking at a race of people more than another because that race commits crime at a higher rate than another is racism? Riiiiiight. Looking at the crime differently because of the color of the offender would be racist. What I am stating is simply good police work.
Just because someone is of a race that allegedly commits more crime isnt probable cause, its pure racism. Just because you cannot understand that fact, means nothing. Race only matters in a description of a suspect. Labeling as you did an entire race as suspects actually is racism. Its bigotry at its worst.

So looking for the BLACK street gang has nothing to do with the fact that they are black? Okay buddy. And now its okay to single out white guys with shaved heads and big mustaches but not the black guys, regardless of what they're wearing? Gotcha. I don't know why I'm even entertaining a "debate" with you anymore. You make no sense. The first thing to look for, if you're looking for a black gang member is drum roll A BLACK GUY! Then, you go down the list of things that may indicate if he is one. How old is he? What's he wearing? Who's he with? What's he doing at that moment? etc etc. That's called logical deduction guy. Not just a cop riding around in a car waiting on all of the colorless people in the streets to start shooting at him or each other, sell drugs in front of him, etc. Oh, and guess what's the first thing they ask you when you're a witness to a crime? Another drumroll. "Was he white, black, hispanic, etc?"
Now you think that I claimed it was ok to single out skinheads? Damn dude I didnt say anything like that. Either you are being very very very dishonest or you just dont understand written English well. Then you say Gotcha which just makes you look lost.

There is a distinction between what an individual private citizen do and what law enforcement can do. Me walking through a gang infested neighborhood is completely different than law enforcement patrolling the same neighborhood. The Constitution says nothing against me avoiding people that I for whatever reason deem a danger. Law enforcement on the other hand cannot just decide that someone is dangerous because per capita their race appears to commit crimes more. But the post that I responded to was you telling us what the cops should be doing, not a private citizen.

You keep trying to ignore and weasel out of what your claim originally was. Lets again look at your racist point of view.

You did not list any stipulations in that statement at all. You claimed affirmatively that law enforcement look at the black race in America more than any other race. The only reason that gave was that they were black and you believe that per capita they are commit more crime. You didnt list any type of black people you said that if balck people dont want to be profiled, that they should straighten up their act. You were clearly and obviously talking about all black people in the US.

Racial Profiling

Racial profiling by law enforcement is commonly defined as a practice that targets people for suspicion of crime based on their race, ethnicity, religion or national origin. Creating a profile about the kinds of people who commit certain types of crimes may lead officers to generalize about a particular group and act according to the generalization rather than specific behavior.
Racial profiling can cause multiple problems. Several law enforcement agencies have gone through expensive litigation over civil rights concerns. Police-citizen relations in those communities have been strained, making policing all the more challenging. Most importantly, racial profiling is unlikely to be an effective policing strategy as criminals can simply shift their activities outside the profile (e.g., if racial profiling begins with police stopping black males in their teens and twenties for being drug carriers, criminals may start using other demographic groups — such as Hispanics, children or the elderly — to move drugs).
Despite training to avoid discrimination, officers may still rely on cultural stereotypes and act on their perceptions of a person's characteristics (such as age, race or gender).

Racial profiling is bad tactics and poor ass training. In any given situation unless there is a witness to the crime the potential suspect is dictated by the evidence not per capita perceptions about any given race. It is possible that the suspect was actually not even black and then law enforcement spent too much time and resources chasing racist perceptions.

Here is what you are claiming: By using the per capita argument you are making a claim that back people because they are black are generally immoral people as a race. People are just people, there isnt a race that commits more crimes, there is just a race that is racially profiled more often than others. I suspect that if racial profiling among law enforcement didnt exist that the per capita numbers that you are basing this all on would go down.

:mrgreen: Christopher Darden, I'm sure you know who he is, once said that he gets stopped by police twice a year, just because he's riding in an expensive car but wearing something like a tee shirt and levis. Chris Darden, a professor of law at Harvard (I believe), gettin' hassled by the police twice a year!!!. Racism is alive and well in America!

Yet it seems how the public largely decided this case is upon what the media and press told them - and that is on making judgment personally on the 2 individuals. Most GZ haters will go on and on of GZ's past to prove he is evil. And Most GZ supporters are more critical on TM personally, including also in very hateful and degrading ways. Then, depending which of those 2 of each as persons, they construct the case with selective facts and largely speculations - if not outright denials - to prove they are right.

This is the fact. We will never know "who started it."

Clearly GZ didn't get any blows in on TM, but that does NOT mean GZ didn't start it. GZ is a big men. Most men think they are as tough as when younger. GZ had worked as party security. In fact, generally security and bouncers deal with aggression by shoving the other person to prove he's tough. While GZ never even was accused of assaulting an officer, he was charged (it dropped) with interfering with an officer by shoving the officer off a friend of his. While personally I respect GZ for that - coming to his friend's aid but not escalating it by fighting the officer (rather likely diverting the officer to GZ and in that defusing it at his own personal expense - in that it is not impossible that when TM got in GZ's face mouthing at him and seemingly physically threatening and GZ shoved TM back hard being a heavier, lower man.

In response, TM - big, fast and very long arms slams the palm of his into GZ's face breaking his nose and knocking him down to gain advantage. And, most directly relevant, is learned TM has texted about breaking someone's nose to win a fight and the advantage have when over someone. BUT, in that scenario, if GZ had shoved TM, I think TM has ever legal basis to slam GZ in the nose. Yet, in terms of not being surreal judgmentalism, on the bottomline once GZ's head hit the concrete - and with a gun in this incident - one of them was going to likely die.

Since we can not possibly be certain how it started in terms of becoming violent, regardless of which one died we would have conclude there is not enough evidence to prove either one guilty. Since we can not possibly know, there is no other possible verdict. If TM had gotten the gun and shot GZ and a lawyer advising him particularly, he would have said it started by GZ shoving him or throwing a punch at him. Yes, it could have happened that way. It could have happened how GZ said. Or could have happened some other way entirely. We'll never know, will we? THEREFORE, WE CAN NOT PASS JUDGMENT - AND THAT MEANS WE CAN NOT FIND HIM GUILTY. In no way, did the jury find him innocent.

It's be like putting Marines on trial after a fire-fight. While I suppose there are extreme circumstances to do so, doing so on speculation and lack to provable instant to instance actions of each Marine doesn't constitute reason for a charge, for a trial, and certainly not conviction and dishonorable discharge. It is the basis, if a serious complaint, for an investigation. There was an investigation. The police said there is no provable case. And all along they were absolutely right - and obviously so.

Like those who say GZ knew he wasn't in serious danger with only - so far- a shattered nose and the back of head bleeding in 2 different places. The answer to them is they weren't there. There is no way to know what a person would do do, let alone say what GZ would or should have done.

We do not know what we do not know. We do not know that GZ was in reality guilty or innocent. We'll never know. Accordingly, he walks. We each can still form our own opinion of him as a person. And we can each do so about TM too.

:mrgreen: That's basically what the Police report stated, it could have gone either way.

:mrgreen: Christopher Darden, I'm sure you know who he is, once said that he gets stopped by police twice a year, just because he's riding in an expensive car but wearing something like a tee shirt and levis. Chris Darden, a professor of law at Harvard (I believe), gettin' hassled by the police twice a year!!!. Racism is alive and well in America!

I used to own a El Camino that was a cop magnet. Had to sell it cause I couldnt afford getting tickets. Only about 5% of those tickets were legit. Switched to 93 caprice with police package which is by far faster and not one ticket in 6 years.

Also myself being a metalhead (I even have a band) I get store security and cops interested just because of how I look. Alls fine after they talk to me. And old ladies lock their car doors when I walk by. Its not always race that upsets people. But racism is still a big problem and I sure it will always be a problem as long as there are races. But I would say that things have greatly improved in the last 40 years.

I used to own a El Camino that was a cop magnet. Had to sell it cause I couldnt afford getting tickets. Only about 5% of those tickets were legit. Switched to 93 caprice with police package which is by far faster and not one ticket in 6 years.

Also myself being a metalhead (I even have a band) I get store security and cops interested just because of how I look. Alls fine after they talk to me. And old ladies lock their car doors when I walk by. Its not always race that upsets people. But racism is still a big problem and I sure it will always be a problem as long as there are races. But I would say that things have greatly improved in the last 40 years.

:mrgreen: Can we blame the Police for racial profiling if that's their indication of who commits the most crime? I can certainly blame them for stopping Chris Darden, I mean, c'mon, one of the best lawyers around, just 'cus he's black and wearing his grubbies while driving a high end car (that he deserves)? They should know him by now!!! I agree with your point that 'YOU' can be singled out by cops and 'old ladies' as well, because of your life style. To digress, who's the greatest heavy metal band of all time (so far)? I hear it's Metallica!!!!

:mrgreen: Can we blame the Police for racial profiling if that's their indication of who commits the most crime? I can certainly blame them for stopping Chris Darden, I mean, c'mon, one of the best lawyers around, just 'cus he's black and wearing his grubbies while driving a high end car (that he deserves)? They should know him by now!!! I agree with your point that 'YOU' can be singled out by cops and 'old ladies' as well, because of your life style. To digress, who's the greatest heavy metal band of all time (so far)? I hear it's Metallica!!!!

Its Slayer!

Back
Top Bottom