• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do republicans or democrats adopt more children?

Do republicans or democrats adopt more children?

• Total voters

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Question seen over @

"Do republicans or democrats adopt more children?​

renderTimingPixel.png

I keep hearing "If you want less abortion, just adopt!" which I agree with. But then there's the obvious question: who is actually adopting more kids? Republicans or Democrats?
If republicans adopt more... then why don't democrats step up their game?"

What say you?

In fairness I am asking people's opinions on the matter not a google answer.

I say that it is super cringe to turn adoption into a tribal competition of "my team adopts more than your team."

As far as adoptive parents go, the least important quality of theirs is whether they prefer the ballot with a donkey or the one with an elephant.

Nope, you are treating a fact (which group, defined by political lean, adopts more children) as if it was an opinion.

Of course, that metric could be calculated in different ways. Among the total number of adopted children (in the US), how many were adopted by D vs. R leaning households or among all D and R (US) households the number (percentage?) who have adopted children.

In the former case that seems to assume an equal number of D and R households (and ignores any that did not identify as D or R). The statistics (in either case) seem to assume that political lean is important when it comes to the decision to adopt - which is far from a given.

Last edited:
Nope, you are treating a fact (which group, defined by political lean, adopts more children) as if it was an opinion.
Of course it's an option. This could change quickly if people decided to do so.

I googled and did not find a cut and dry answer. So again, based on your life experiences / observations which group would you say adopts more children? Is this really an answer to the abortion issue?

Question seen over @

renderTimingPixel.png

I keep hearing "If you want less abortion, just adopt!" which I agree with. But then there's the obvious question: who is actually adopting more kids? Republicans or Democrats?

What say you?

As far as I know, political lean is not a question asked during the adoption process, so there is no verifiable answer to your question.

As far as I know, political lean is not a question asked during the adoption process, so there is no verifiable answer to your question.
Ah, that would explain it. Also it shouldn't be as political party doesn't dictate whether people will make good parents. Thank you

Voted other, no matter the opinion of all of us voting it does not really advance or change much for the abortion debate.

Voted other, no matter the opinion of all of us voting it does not really advance or change much for the abortion debate.
Hey there, I think I messed up the poll anyway and don't see a way to edit. Also was I supposed to put it in polls or was here okay?

Then make your poll understandably.

Its amazing how most polls here make such little sense.

Hey there, I think I messed up the poll anyway and don't see a way to edit. Also was I supposed to put it in polls or was here okay?

May want to ask an admin / mod for help on that one. They'll help you out.

Maybe don't go into a new site like as bull in a China shop?

Question seen over @

renderTimingPixel.png

What say you?

I voted "3".

Because I like 3.

Democrats are the champions of butchering unborn babies...why would they want to encourage live births and adoption????

I voted "3".

Because I like 3.
I'm glad that my not knowing how to set up a poll has given us some laughs.

Democrats are the champions of butchering unborn babies...why would they want to encourage live births and adoption????
When someone aborts do they ask for political affiliation?

I'm glad that my not knowing how to set up a poll has given us some laughs.
Is there a way to maybe get the attention of an admin so they can move it for me?

Back
Top Bottom