• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Republicans oppose Ukrainian immigration to the US?

He wanted better screening and not allow immigrants that would likely need to draw subsidies from the government, or be terrorists. Nothing about reducing the total numbers. Just certain types.

Do you think Ukarinians will need to draw subsidies from the government?

Bullshit.

You need to read his work instead of believing the liars you listen to.

He wanted to limit parts of legal immigration. Not legal immigration itself.

Do you know the different types of immigration?
The liars...I've been watching this SOB since he was part of FAIR stop trying to defend the nazi scumbag

The liars...I've been watching this SOB since he was part of FAIR stop trying to defend the nazi scumbag
I don't even know WTF you are speaking of. Defending Nazis? But propaganda from people like FAIR makes me understand your misinformation.

I see no valid links of reputable sites that disagree with me.

How's about Canada accepting refugees?

We have a big problem at our borders down here, with MILLIONS of people seeking to cross illegally.

Instead of asking us, the real question for YOU should be why don't you guys "up there" go "down there" and help all those "needy refugees."

I'd expect to see fleets of Canadian ships along both of Mexico's seaside's, Pacific and Gulf of Mexico. Also every Air Canada plane flying down and loading to the brim, NO charge.

Meanwhile, same goes for Ukraine. Show the world Canada has open borders for everyone.

Now if you aren't for that kind of "assistance," then you've got no room to talk. Or judge.
Have you ever been a Christian?

Do Republicans oppose Ukrainian immigration to the US? Ukraine has a lot of refugees fleeing the country after the Russian invasion, should they not be allowed to immigrate to the US? Do conservatives think Ukarians will steal their jobs? And if you are going are say Republicans only oppose illegal immigration, Stephen Miller wanted to reduce legal immigration as well, so does that apply to Ukrainians? Or do conservatives apply different standards to different people wanting to immigrate to the US?
Yes.

Do Republicans oppose Ukrainian immigration to the US? Ukraine has a lot of refugees fleeing the country after the Russian invasion, should they not be allowed to immigrate to the US? Do conservatives think Ukarians will steal their jobs? And if you are going are say Republicans only oppose illegal immigration, Stephen Miller wanted to reduce legal immigration as well, so does that apply to Ukrainians? Or do conservatives apply different standards to different people wanting to immigrate to the US?
They were fleeing before that. I have a family that lives next to me that fled after the government went all gangster in 2014. Been my next door neighbors for five or six years now.

Since illegal immigration is impossible to stop, why not just make it so that the good legal immigrants outnumber the bad illegal immigrants and let more of the desirable immigrants in?

Probably for several good reasons:

1. We have a sizable portion of current actual citizens who seem to be unable to get off the welfare teat. That problem needs to be solved first, so we can have current citizens in gainful (and not just busy work) production earning wages.

2. We also have a dearth of actual jobs low skilled and moderate skilled. Even with the ones we have going wanting (thanks to item one above) because it is becoming more and more expensive to live in the USA...especially where many jobs are.

3. We have yet to figure out a way to return good production jobs to the USA without having to pay exorbitant wages. Of course, we are also paying exorbitant amounts of money for crap things...go figure that out.

4. When it comes to high paying technical jobs, again why import when we should be working on a real education system so those "poor and middle class" Americans can not only get those jobs, but actually know how to do them?

5. I'm sure people can list other concerns. Burt IMO once we fix the problems we already have, then we can talk about increased immigration.

Last edited:
What are you sending me browser script for?

Believing such lies is about as smart as not testing your links before you link them.

You asked for a link.

You want a thesis, you can pay for my time. Debunk the link or don't, but you got what you asked.

You asked for a link.

You want a thesis, you can pay for my time. Debunk the link or don't, but you got what you asked.
This is the beginning of a very long script when I click on it:

1651706604772.png

That was not a link that is usable.

Think you're being funny?

Well, you aren't.

Care to quote any of it?

They were fleeing before that. I have a family that lives next to me that fled after the government went all gangster in 2014. Been my next door neighbors for five or six years now.

So why do you think Ukarinisns are not a drain on society, but think Latinos are? And if you are going to say that is a mischaracterization, feel free to correct me.

This is the beginning of a very long script when I click on it:

View attachment 67389025

That was not a link that is usable.

Think you're being funny?

Well, you aren't.

What I can say, the link worked for me. Your operating system is not my problem. Really stop being lazy, you can Google this yourself if you want.

So why do you think Ukarinisns are not a drain on society, but think Latinos are? And if you are going to say that is a mischaracterization, feel free to correct me.
Are you really that silly as to put words into my mouth that I never, ever said or implied?

Go away.

What I can say, the link worked for me. Your operating system is not my problem. Really stop being lazy, you can Google this yourself if you want.
Lazy?

I have googled him and what he did. I see nothing wrong with stepping up immigration requirements, and being more careful of letting people in from terrorist countries. I see nothing wrong with doing what we can about illegal immigration.

If you have a beef with this guy, you have problems, or have been indoctrinated by the lying media.

Nobody has yet linked me anything credible on the topic. Just talking head leftists who lie about anyone they don't like.

Have any credible links?

I have no issues with my operating system. Your link is invalid. It's as if it can only be read if you equip your computer with the right browser extension. I know a bit about programming, though I'm not up to date, but that link is similar to a jar file.

Lazy?

I have googled him and what he did. I see nothing wrong with stepping up immigration requirements, and being more careful of letting people in from terrorist countries. I see nothing wrong with doing what we can about illegal immigration.

If you have a beef with this guy, you have problems, or have been indoctrinated by the lying media.

Nobody has yet linked me anything credible on the topic. Just talking head leftists who lie about anyone they don't like.

Have any credible links?

I have no issues with my operating system. Your link is invalid. It's as if it can only be read if you equip your computer with the right browser extension. I know a bit about programming, though I'm not up to date, but that link is similar to a jar file.

I am not IT. My link works for me, you asked for one, you go it, if I give you another, maybe your operating system can't handle it.

And who are you determine which articles are valid or not? Conservatives always want to ignore articles that contradict their ideology.

Are you really that silly as to put words into my mouth that I never, ever said or implied?

Go away.

I made an assumption, I am wrong? There is no law against making assumptions.

If a Ukrainian was to reach US soil, then of course they could legitimately claim they were fleeing war, which is a pretty good basis for asylum.

However, there are international norms and practices, like "first safe country," which means that if a Ukrainian leaves Ukraine and enters another safe country, then they can't jump to another country and have a right to claim refugee status there. Further, this is a European problem, and therefore Europe should take the lion's share of the refugees in any event. That should be especially evident, given that so many folks seem to think the US is racist and bigoted to the core, whereas Europe is enlightened, giving and caring -so, by all means, Europe is a far far safer place than the evil US, which lets people die in the streets, etc.

I don't know about conservatives, but I apply the same standards to similarly situated peoples. One main difference to point out, however, is that a refugee from Ukraine is more evident and obvious than a refugee from Canada or Mexico, since the Ukrainians are literally fleeing war and civilians are being flattened, whereas Canadians are fleeing Justin Trudeau and Mexicans are fleeing poverty. A person fleeing poverty is not a refugee, he's an economic migrant. Not the same thing.

I am not IT. My link works for me, you asked for one, you go it, if I give you another, maybe your operating system can't handle it.

And who are you determine which articles are valid or not? Conservatives always want to ignore articles that contradict their ideology.
It worked after I filtered the google BS out of you link. Same link Clara gave with no relevant information or facts. Just talking heads.

To add, there is nothing wrong with my system. It works just fine, and driving three 1440p monitors from a RTX 2070.

It worked after I filtered the google BS out of you link. Same link Clara gave with no relevant information or facts. Just talking heads.
Funny thing though, this is the link before:

It was edited out.... and replaced with the right link.

Right except for one thing. It went through google, instead of a clean link.

ampproject... I get that on my cell phone also. It looks like you sent the cell link, and later edited it.

I don't even know WTF you are speaking of. Defending Nazis? But propaganda from people like FAIR makes me understand your misinformation.

I see no valid links of reputable sites that disagree with me.
Sure you don't. Until you can debate honestly, we are done.

If a Ukrainian was to reach US soil, then of course they could legitimately claim they were fleeing war, which is a pretty good basis for asylum.

However, there are international norms and practices, like "first safe country," which means that if a Ukrainian leaves Ukraine and enters another safe country, then they can't jump to another country and have a right to claim refugee status there. Further, this is a European problem, and therefore Europe should take the lion's share of the refugees in any event. That should be especially evident, given that so many folks seem to think the US is racist and bigoted to the core, whereas Europe is enlightened, giving and caring -so, by all means, Europe is a far far safer place than the evil US, which lets people die in the streets, etc.

I don't know about conservatives, but I apply the same standards to similarly situated peoples. One main difference to point out, however, is that a refugee from Ukraine is more evident and obvious than a refugee from Canada or Mexico, since the Ukrainians are literally fleeing war and civilians are being flattened, whereas Canadians are fleeing Justin Trudeau and Mexicans are fleeing poverty. A person fleeing poverty is not a refugee, he's an economic migrant. Not the same thing.
There are no requirements to file asylum in the first country you arrive in. What is required is you cannot be firmly resettled in another country before filing for asylum in the US.

you don't get to determine what is legit or not in a link. You often have a habit of dismissing links you do not like....that does not make them invalid or not factual. You might want to provide some evidence that he had no goal of reducing LEGAL immigration.

you don't get to determine what is legit or not in a link. You often have a habit of dismissing links you do not like....that does not make them invalid or not factual. You might want to provide some evidence that he had no goal of reducing LEGAL immigration.
Funny how the article doesn't explicitly say what you read from with supporting facts either.

Please by all means, give me a quote that matters.

Back
Top Bottom