• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do republicans love abortion?

Do republicans love abortion?

• Total voters

Lantzolot

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
You see, i am having difficulty explaining to a few liberals in a particular thread about debating rather than making accusationg like "republicans love abortion." They just cant accept that people would not use something to further themselves politically (which is what they say republicans use abortion for).

Please explain.

*edited- changed democrats to liberals*

Last edited:
Maybe they're trying to say that Republicans don't really care about abortion because it furthers their own agenda? Well they're right. But Democrats do that also with different things. Both sides are dangerous.

BTW you seem new here not that thats a bad thing but you need to put a poll in if you have a thread in the poll section. You can probably edit one in now.

But you see, I am republican and i honestly disapprove of abortion. They are making too many hasty generalizations.

sorry i thought i added a poll. must not have submitted it when i made poll.

Last edited:
wait, i see a poll does anyone else? perhaps you viewed it before i posted the poll.

Last edited:
I think most of the rank-and-file Republicans truly are opposed to abortion. But among the politicians (including the President), most of them couldn't care less about it, and to the extent that they do care about it they want it to remain legal so they have an issue to run on in the future.

Back
Top Bottom