• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do red cars really get more tickets?

Sagittarius83

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is what I have always heard but I have also heard that there are just more red cars.

What do you think?

This is what I have always heard but I have also heard that there are just more red cars.

What do you think?

White cars get the most tickets. Of course, white is the number one color on the road.

Ok so the red car ticket thing is just a popular misconception? I guess the thinking is that they are like red capes and the bulls are like traffic police.
White cars get the most tickets. Of course, white is the number one color on the road.

What do you think?
According to this article, the cars that get pulled over most often are white, red, gray and silver, in that order.
https://www.americanautoinsurance.c...cle color that gets,does come in second place.

According to this article, the most popular car colors are: white, black, gray, silver, and red, in that order.
https://www.germaincars.com/most-popular-car-colors/

So while white cars get pulled over more than red cars, white is apparently a more popular color, and red cars are pulled over more than other colors that are more common. If we assume white, gray, and silver cars get pulled over an average amount based on the popularity of these colors, red cars seem to get pulled over more often than average, and black cars seem to get pulled over less often.

Ok so the red car ticket thing is just a popular misconception? I guess the thinking is that they are like red capes and the bulls are like traffic police.

Not necessarily.

Red cars are the second most ticketed color car but they are not the second most plentiful car color on the road. They come in about 6th.

But are they ticketed more because of color or because those attracted to the color are less conservative?

I hate to jinx myself but....

I've owned 2 red Dodge Challengers over the last 5 years. One in what I called "arrest me red" (think fire engine red) and my current one which is closer to burgundy, mostly because "arrest me red" was only a special order option when I got my current car. I've gotten no tickets in either.

I normally stick to speed limit + 10 like most other people but the car is smooth to the point where it is VERY easy to speed.

I have owned at one time or another just about every color of car or SUV there is, so the one and only time I owned a red one, man oh man, the chicks I had!

I guess the only way to truly settle this is to get a detailed list of all car colors all over the world then somehow get the records of tickets in every municipality then do the math and I suspect gathering all that information would be almost impossible. Especially local driving infractions.

I suspect there won’t be a lot of correlation between car ticketing and car color in the end.

I am still surprised that white is the preferred color. It seems like an odd choice given that they truly do show off any dirt.

The cars I had have all been red (mostly) but one black one and a couple silver.

I gave up on silver when I realized they become invisible in snow and ice.

What do you think?

You HAVE to know that this is not about all red cars.
Red SPORTS cars are the ones that get pulled over and ticketed more.
I seriously doubt that a red VW bug gets ticketed more, or a red Volvo 122, or a red Scion xA.

RED CORVETTES or Jags, Porsches, Mustangs, Dodge Chargers, Acura TLX's, that sort of thing.

By the way, on a related note, an old stomping ground of mine in Maryland is coming back to life.
Perfect for all those red hot rod owners!

Terris Hicks Rents And Revives 75-80 Dragway To Restore Racing In The Maryland Region

2021-75-80-dragway-terris-hicks.jpg

What do you think?
A bright yellow cars calls a lot more attention that a red car.

Back
Top Bottom