• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Prostitutes Deserve Respect?

Do you think Prostitutes deserve Respect?

• Total voters
they don't respect themselves, so why should i respect them?

I'm talking the skeazy assholes who'll sell crack to children and let addicts suck their dicks for a rock. You know, drug dealers in the socially recognized sense of the word. The assholes who pray on the very nature of drug abuse and promote the destruction of lives and family units for the sake of profit. But sure...go ahead and shake hands with your local crack dealer. I'm sure he's a swell guy other than the whole drug thing.

You just described all those pediatricians that prescribe synthetic cocaine to minors for ADHD. Some of them will let their patients exchange sex for prescription drugs. Ultimately, both the street corner pharmacists and ones with degrees on their walls do the very same thing, which is to push dangerous drugs onto the public. One has government sanction and the other does not.

Last edited:
Respected enough to be treated kindly...yes.

Respected enough to form a relationship...No.

You just described all those pediatricians that prescribe synthetic cocaine to minors for ADHD. Some of them will let their patients exchange sex for prescription drugs. Ultimately, both the street corner pharmacists and ones with degrees on their walls do the very same thing, which is to push dangerous drugs onto the public. One has government sanction and the other does not.

do you have any evidence of that? if so i would love to read it!

Last edited:
I don't respect prostitutes because they don't respect themselves. Thats not to say I am going to spit on them or something like that. But, its not a profession I would urge my daughter to look into. Anyone who can use the most sacred act a man and woman can share as a money making ploy is not a respectable person in my book.

Simply put, do you think prostitutes deserve respect?

[I viewed an argument on YouTube. One of the posters said it was narrow-minded and bigoted to think that prostitutes aren't worthy of respect. Thus, this poll is born.]

Why not? If we can respect politicans, then why not prostitutes? After all, when their day is finished, the dirt washes right off. You can't say that about polticians. The dirt stays with them forever.

All of these comparisons between politicians and prostitutes is ridiculous. We don't know if ALL politicians are dirty. If someone would like to provide proof that EVERY single politician is crooked, I'll shut my mouth. However, we do know that every prostitute is doing something dirty. Whether its for $10 or $1000 its still dirty.

do you have any evidence of that? if so i would love to read it!

There have been concerns that Ritalin (methylphenidate), used for treatment of attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), is chemically similar to cocaine.
source

A Pittsburgh-area osteopath will spend six to 12 years in prison after pleading no contest to charges that he wrote prescription for painkillers and anti-anxiety drugs in exchange for sex with female patients, including one who died of an overdose.
source

All of these comparisons between politicians and prostitutes is ridiculous. We don't know if ALL politicians are dirty. If someone would like to provide proof that EVERY single politician is crooked, I'll shut my mouth. However, we do know that every prostitute is doing something dirty. Whether its for $10 or $1000 its still dirty.

Seriously, dude? It's sex. It's not standing on a stool to screw a horse. It's not insider trading. It's sex. And in some areas, it's a legal, regulated profession. It's silly of you to condemn generalizations of politicians right before diving in to a generalization of prostitutes.

The first article and your statement are strawmen, FYI. Prescribing a drug to a child requires parental consent and parental prescription fullfillment. It is not illegal. Also, I don't have nor know anybody with ADD or ADHD and I knew Ritalin and Adderall were "similar to cocaine", so that's nothing new.

As for the second statement, that doctor is no better than a crack dealer, but that doesn't mean either of them deserve respect....so I see no reason to make an argument against my point if you intend on proving it.

All politicians receive prostitution money in the form of campaign donations from the lobbyists. ;)

All politicians receive prostitution money in the form of campaign donations from the lobbyists. ;)

But what about a politician who has sex with a prostitute? Damn, that's a hard one, and I am sure that this is also the answer that the prostitute gave to the last politician she serviced. LOL.

The first article and your statement are strawmen, FYI. Prescribing a drug to a child requires parental consent and parental prescription fullfillment. It is not illegal. Also, I don't have nor know anybody with ADD or ADHD and I knew Ritalin and Adderall were "similar to cocaine", so that's nothing new.

As for the second statement, that doctor is no better than a crack dealer, but that doesn't mean either of them deserve respect....so I see no reason to make an argument against my point if you intend on proving it.

Actually, the first article is in response to your statement, "I'm talking the skeazy assholes who'll sell crack to children..." Ritalin and all ADHD drugs share the same chemical composition of cocaine which is the base for crack that you said yourself. Hence, no strawman.

What is the difference between a crack dealer and a doctor? Nothing, except one has government sanction and one does not.

Of course prostitutes deserve the same respect as any other person. In some societies they are celebrated.

Toulouse-Lautrec_Prostitutes_DMA.jpg

Femmes de Maison Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Sex_worker_statue_Oudekerksplein_Am.jpg

Statue to honor the sex workers of the world. Belle, inscription says "Respect sex workers all over the world." Amsterdam.

Actually, the first article is in response to your statement, "I'm talking the skeazy assholes who'll sell crack to children..." Ritalin and all ADHD drugs share the same chemical composition of cocaine which is the base for crack that you said yourself. Hence, no strawman.

What is the difference between a crack dealer and a doctor? Nothing, except one has government sanction and one does not.

Unless you're dishonest, it's definitely a strawman. It's pretty damned obvious unless you're intentionally acting dense that "drug dealer" refers to somebody doing so illegally. Selling crack to children (implied illegality) is entirely different than prescribing a "cocaine-like" drug to an ADHD child (explicitly legal).

Unless you're dishonest, it's definitely a strawman. It's pretty damned obvious unless you're intentionally acting dense that "drug dealer" refers to somebody doing so illegally. Selling crack to children (implied illegality) is entirely different than prescribing a "cocaine-like" drug to an ADHD child (explicitly legal).

What do doctors, pharmacists, nurses, and other health professionals deal? The answer is drugs so they are all drug dealers in the purist sense of the word. The street pharmacist does not get government sanction. Thus it is you that has presented a strawman argument by saying that only street pharmacists deal drugs. That is factually incorrect.

Molecularly there is no difference in the chemical composition between ADHD drugs and cocaine. The difference is that the former is synthetic and the latter is all natural.

Last edited:
Seriously, dude? It's sex. It's not standing on a stool to screw a horse. It's not insider trading. It's sex. And in some areas, it's a legal, regulated profession. It's silly of you to condemn generalizations of politicians right before diving in to a generalization of prostitutes.
Do they or do they not all have sex for money? Thats not a generalization, its a fact. If sex wasn't something that was such a big deal we wouldn't demonize Newt Gingrich for cheating on his wife. Or Tiger Woods. Or Bill Clinton. Or John Edwards while his wife has cancer. Or George Michaels for doing it in public bathrooms. Or Marv Alberts for being a freak. Or Charlie Sheen and all his escapades. If its just sex and not a serious and sometimes dirty act, then those things wouldn't matter now would they? The effort of our culture to tone down the effects of casual sex is one of the reasons our country is circling the toilet bowl. Yeah, its legal in other countries. So what? That means we should do it? I hate that people think because other countries do things, we should. Socialized health care, gays in the military, massive cuts on military spending, internationalization of our banks, bailouts, the list goes on and on. We are BETTER than everyone else. That means we do things differently sometimes. No other country is like ours. That means things are done differently here. If people want to be like the Europeans, move to Europe. Its not hard to do. Good luck finding a job though. If you thinks its tough here, wait till you get there. Or, I guess they could go somewhere that has legal prostitution and do that huh?

Respect is a vague word. Everyone deserves some respect, but some is earned. Personally I don't care if someone is a prostitute.

[I viewed an argument on YouTube. One of the posters said it was narrow-minded and bigoted to think that prostitutes aren't worthy of respect. Thus, this poll is born.]

Taking an extreme view of human fallibility, nobody deserves respect, but everyone has a moral obligation to treat everyone else with both respect and dignity.

I don't respect prostitutes because they don't respect themselves.

I do not beleive this premise holds water. Would you then respect for these people if you found out they actually did respect themselves?

My respect for others is independent of their own self respect or esteem. Indeed, my level of respect for others is a reflection of how I respect and treat myself. Profession is not a linchpin for my respect.

I do not beleive this premise holds water. Would you then respect for these people if you found out they actually did respect themselves?

My respect for others is independent of their own self respect or esteem. Indeed, my level of respect for others is a reflection of how I respect and treat myself. Profession is not a linchpin for my respect.
Prostitution is not a profession. A profession actually requires training and education. Any man or woman with functioning sexual organs can be a prostitute, and that only requires being born normal.
As far as them respecting themselves, no person that respects themselves can have sex for money. I'm sorry, but they can't. They can say they do all they want. But when you allow another human being to use you in the way these people allow themselves to be used, you don't.

Mt vote would be YES. I can respect a good prostitute more than a poor investment banker.

Back
Top Bottom