• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:914] Do People Have The Right To Be Racists And Bigots?

Do People Have The Right To Be Racists And Bigots?

• Total voters
I would say that any Asian boat person has already graduated college, so this is absurd. The only reason is bringing up a historical example is because he is judging racial groups as a whole.

I think that's specifically what you are doing.

are you unable to understand that discrimination based on RACE violates TITLE VII and in the case of state schools, the CONSTITUTION while discrimination based on NON-RACIAL reasons does not. Athletic recruits hurt Jews? Really? I guess it depends on the sport but I can think of dozens of top Jewish athletes who were collegiate superstars. And that is going back many years.

I understand Title VII, and I understand the absurd argument that you're trying to make. I also understand the history of discrimination when it comes to universities. See below. Athletic programs and Legacy Admissions were designed to discriminate towards Jewish people in the 1920s. I didn't say that Jewish people can't play sports. That's what racist people thought in the 1920s.

As for Legacy Admissions, 43% of the white students are legacy students, athletic admissions, or related to staff. That's the exact admission programs that were designed to discriminate towards Jews.

Nativism and intolerance among segments of the white Protestant population were aimed at both Eastern European Jews and Southern European Catholics. In higher education, Jews were particularly resented. By 1919, about 80% of the students at New York's Hunter and City colleges were Jews, and 40% at Columbia. Jews at Harvard tripled to 21% of the freshman class in 1922 from about 7% in 1900. Ivy League Jews won a disproportionate share of academic prizes and election to Phi Beta Kappa but were widely regarded as competitive, eager to excel academically and less interested in extra-curricular activities such as organized sports. Non-Jews accused them of being clannish, socially unskilled and either unwilling or unable to“fit in.”

children of the boat people
So just because of something an Asian person's parent did over fifty years ago, they are more entitled than a black person to an ivy league eduction? That doesn't make any damn sense for obvious reasons. You're judging people by their race as a whole and your stereotypes of that race as a whole.

I understand Title VII, and I understand the absurd argument that you're trying to make. I also understand the history of discrimination when it comes to universities. See below. Athletic programs and Legacy Admissions were designed to discriminate towards Jewish people in the 1920s. I didn't say that Jewish people can't play sports. That's what racist people thought in the 1920s.

As for Legacy Admissions, 43% of the white students are legacy students, athletic admissions, or related to staff. That's the exact admission programs that were designed to discriminate towards Jews.

Nativism and intolerance among segments of the white Protestant population were aimed at both Eastern European Jews and Southern European Catholics. In higher education, Jews were particularly resented. By 1919, about 80% of the students at New York's Hunter and City colleges were Jews, and 40% at Columbia. Jews at Harvard tripled to 21% of the freshman class in 1922 from about 7% in 1900. Ivy League Jews won a disproportionate share of academic prizes and election to Phi Beta Kappa but were widely regarded as competitive, eager to excel academically and less interested in extra-curricular activities such as organized sports. Non-Jews accused them of being clannish, socially unskilled and either unwilling or unable to“fit in.”
Jews make up 2% of the US population. The teams I played on in College and coached while a grad student (squash) had far more than 2% Jewish representation. Two of the starters on the Yale Basketball team were Jewish. The Captain of the tennis team was Jewish. In fact, I bet more than 2% of Tennis All-Americans over the last 50 years were Jewish. Jewish fencers at Ivy league universities were common as well. The two top squash players at Yale during the mid seventies, Derrick Niederman and Robert Dinerman are Jewish. As was Harvard's legendary (60s), Victor Niederhoffer. Back when the US table tennis team was one of the best in the world, our leading players (Miles, Reisman, and Klein) were all Jewish as was our only singles world champion, Ruth Aarons.

So just because of something an Asian person's parent did over fifty years ago, they are more entitled than a black person to an ivy league eduction? That doesn't make any damn sense for obvious reasons. You're judging people by their race as a whole and your stereotypes of that race as a whole.
you are lying. I am noting that poor Asian kids whose parents came here with nothing, but still who managed to make top grades, should not be passed over at top schools in favor of blacks-who had far more comfortable backgrounds, but failed to achieve the same GPAs or ACT/SAT scores

So if I prefer skinny white women for dating I am a racist?
No because exclusion isn't racism. If you are attracted to certain physical or personality features and exclude people from the dating pool because you are not attracted to them, then that is not racism. If you exclude them because you believe they are lesser than you, then that is racism. You are actually defending my position rather than arguing against it.

Just to be clear, another poster is making the charge that excluding someone from a position based on skin color is racism. I am saying that it is not racism so long as the reason they were excluded wasn't racist. So taking that poster's statement to its logical conclusion, s/he believes you are racist, while I am arguing that you are not.

The many did not set the past or current application rules that Colleges used to determine acceptance of the applicants. There is only one way to secure equality for all applicants... There should be no questions concerning race, gender, name, parentage, politics or any other personal information about the applicants. Colleges should simply use all of the applicants academic records via all of the learning institutions they attended. Note: To ensure complete equality for all applicants...The names, locations or any information that identifies the institutions attended should be redacted. imho Roseann:)

The trust fund and alum crowd are all for total equality- as long as it doesn't apply to them.... ;)

you are lying. I am noting that poor Asian kids whose parents came here with nothing, but still who managed to make top grades, should not be passed over at top schools in favor of blacks-who had far more comfortable backgrounds, but failed to achieve the same GPAs or ACT/SAT scores

Quit pretending you care about equality... :cautious:

You use it to bash one race with another. Fact is true equality would have the wealthy and alum being judged not for their father or trust fund by solely on merit. The Richie Rich crowd already benefit from expensive prep classes and schools- last resort can pay thousands to hundred of thousands to bribe their way in.

Simple level playing field- true equality and not feudal divine right... ✌

The trust fund and alum crowd are all for total equality- as long as it doesn't apply to them.... ;)
Do you support veterans' preferences that many federal agencies use?

Quit pretending you care about equality... :cautious:

You use it to bash one race with another. Fact is true equality would have the wealthy and alum being judged not for their father or trust fund by solely on merit. The Richie Rich crowd already benefit from expensive prep classes and schools- last resort can pay thousands to hundred of thousands to bribe their way in.

Simple level playing field- true equality and not feudal divine right... ✌
stop your stupid lies about what I have said. You constantly make up crap and try to attribute it to me. Should private schools have to ignore ability to pay?

There is some racism in college admittance. If a more qualified student is turned away to let in less qualified students of another race, that is racism. The more qualified student is being denied due to his or her race. This happens to whites and Asians quite regularly.

There is racism in politics as well. One of our politicians was against busing because he said he didn't want his children going to school in a jungle. I personally could not vote for a racist such as that.

It seems like you switched from talking about authoritarians to talking about "domestics," and I don't really know what you mean by that. I guess you're trying to say that there is no different between authoritarianism and "domestic terrorists," but there are differences. Not all terrorists are authoritarian, and not all authoritarians are terrorists.

What you said in the bold, makes absolutely no sense. Ethno state authoritarian systems like Nazi Germany targeted other races, especially Jewish people, for extermination and total annihilation. The German people were not subhuman in Nazi Germany. It's the same in every ethno based uprising and Civil War. The Serbs did not set up rape camps and concentration camps targeting Serb people. They never did to their own people. The Turks didn't death march the Turks into the dessert. They targeted only Armenias.
Do you not understand ethnic genocide and racism at all?

Authoritarian relates to a Government that has the kind of Power to achieve Absolute Power over The People of America.
Domestic Terrorists relates to people who do not have the kind of power to achieve Absolute Power over The People of America.

Authoritarians can and have used fear and loathing of those domestic terrorists (the subhuman inferiors referred to in the bold sentence) that stormed the Capital as a targeted race.

Those domestic subhuman inferiors can be used to advance the Power of the Government.

I am not saying there is no difference between the two... I’m saying there is a big difference between the two.

The Authoritarians have the kind of Power to achieve Absolute Power via using those domestic subhuman inferiors who have little to no chance to achieve Absolute Power.

And my proof is those domestic subhuman inferiors are currently being tracked down by The Authorities for the crimes they committed and rightly so.

Please Note: The domestic terrorists failed to get even a smidgen of power... let alone even getting any where near Absolute Power as Authoritarians over the People of American.

The Pandemic has weakened the Power of the People... via loss of the ability to work, keep their businesses afloat, pay rent, mortgage, bills, feed their children and many are currently now dependent on Government handouts. The middle class is being taken down and may have a very hard time being lifted back up again. And that Middle Class does include all colors of skin. Many people of color who have worked long and hard to own their own businesses or achieve middle class status are slipping closer to losing everything.

Our Government Representatives are not suffering loss of their jobs, paychecks, homes, going to restaurants, going to a hair stylist and etc...like their Citizens are suffering.

Media is still working and getting paychecks. Tech companies are doing well.

Pipeline workers are going to lose their jobs and paychecks and they are told to just find another job.

Soon there will be people from other countries crossing the border hoping to get jobs, health care etc... There seems to be no concern about the potential that those people may have Covid and may need hospitalization. Some are wearing masks, some are not. They are not social distancing. Have any of them been vaccinated in their home Country. Will Our Government be able to vaccinate them? Do we even have enough vaccines for them and Our Citizens?

Impeachment is on the front burner. The American People are on the back burner... But We The People are comforted by the words... “Don’t Worry Your Officials can
Walk and Chew Gum at the Same Time”

Fear and Chaos help Authoritarians gain Power... enough Power to achieve Absolute Power over The Power of the People.

That is when more and more People become potential subhuman inferiors in total subjection to the will of The Authoritarians.

imho Roseann

You don't reach equal opportunity by exclusion.
Not sure why it is you would think that reasserting the same ridiculous notion you had posited before would make it any less ridiculous than the first attempt . I don't think you even understand the meaning of the term "exclusion".

so lets think this through. You are the first generation Vietnamese or Chinese or whatever and your parents made huge sacrifices coming here to the USA. And they teach you the way to succeed is to bust your ass in school. And you do and you make a 4.0 and get very good ACT scores. But you aren't a favored affirmative action race and some black gets into say Stanford ahead of you even though they came from a more wealthy background and have scores way below yours. That happened all the time when I was in college. NOW WHAT DOES THAT TEACH PEOPLE? hard work and academic success really isn't that important-being a favored race is? I am curious, what school are you talking about? When I was applying to the big name law and graduate schools, there were several where there was not a single black who scored higher than ANY of the accepted whites and was often well below many whites who were rejected.
Enslaved blacks built the White House, Capitol, and the rest of pre-bellum DC. My mother's Yankee ancestors arrived from England by the 1630s. They owned slaves in the state of CT at least until Adams succeeded Washington. Nobody split Asian families on an auction block. The Irish and Chinese who labored on the transcontinental railroad had the option of seeking other work.

What happened to you? By your admission, you worked in 1980 to make David Koch,VPOTUS, or at least a possible king maker in national politics.
Do you ever wonder how other people of approximate age and similar class and social circles as yours can be the mirror opposite?

Consider this 68 year old, academic, for example. He is the namesake of his father, Charles, a lifelong employee of Juan Trippe and Sam Pryor, Jr., at Pan-Am.
An endowed chair at the Yale University School of Management is the "Juan Trippe Professor in the Practice of International Trade, Finance, and Business".

The academic's brother married and Ed and Marion Hooker became his father and mother-in-law.:

The Warren Commission's Senior Asst. Counsel is deposing accused assassin Oswald's closest friend in Dallas, who is sharing his relationship
details of his step-nephew Hooker, and wife Marion, the in-laws mentioned above. Bush and Hooker were Andover roommates, both were alumni of your university, Bush grew up on Jupiter Island, a small, private enclave.

"...
Mr. Jenner. All right.
Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. And she stayed there as a resident. I worked very often in my office in Dallas, instead of Abilene, and continued my partnership with Ed Hooker. But there developed a tremendous animosity between Ed Hooker's wife and my wife, Didi. Mr. Jenner. And Ed Hooker's wife was----
Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. Was an ex-model, very attractive girl, Marion. And probably my wife snubbed her or something. She didn't come from such a prominent family.
Anyway, there was a great deal of animosity there. And Ed told me, "George, you are a fool to marry this girl--she is nuts." She had had nervous breakdowns. Mr. Jenner. This is Mr. Hooker's wife?
Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. No; that is my ex-wife, Didi Sharples. She is very high strung--she is a very high-strung person, and had nervous breakdowns while going to medical school. I don't know if it is interesting for you, all those details. "

Back to the academic:
A Light Summer Essay on Explosives, Crime, Ethics, and Love!
" When I was arrested for detonating a small bomb on Jupiter Island, a barrier reef island in Florida just north of Palm Beach, with the son of the last ambassador to Cuba (the ambassador –a business man who did not speak Spanish—resigned when the revolution was in its second week and Batista was doomed), I was only eleven years old.... For maybe the kids will grow up to be more ethical and intelligent than the CIA was in Cuba when it misunderstood Fidel Castro’s 26th of July movement eliminating any chance (however remote it was) that Cuba might have moved from a corrupt state to a democracy.."

The ambassador was the spouse of former JFK girlfriend, Florence Pritchett. She died of leukemia during the November, 1965 N.E. blackout.

Continued

Continued from my last post

The point is the academic is even better "connected" than you, but all similarity ends, there.:
"... Like other professors around the world, and not just at St. Olaf, who promote inclusion and confront white supremacy and racial inequality, Taliaferro has argued for justice in terms of race, economics, gender not just in the class and seminar room, but in three books, a series of articles, newspaper interviews (mostly in Minneapolis and in Iran), and in lectures at Oxford University, Manchester University, and at Middlebury College where he advocated Black Lives Matter, later published as:

https://www.pdcnet.org/pc/content/pc_2017_0019_0001_0103_0119
As a 68 year old, 2020-2021 will be his last year at St. Olaf as a full time professor. He then anticipates teaching philosophy in Minnesota prisons, beginning in 2022 for three years, with the expectation that he will (after some first-hand experience) be an advocate for prison reform.
.."

Ironically, the two eleven year old boys arrested for bomb making were on an island purchased in 1930 by Sam F Pryor, Sr., Dodge-Rockefeller
front man in Remington-Eddystone, described by Senator Nye as "merchants of death", prompting the sale of Remington to Dupont in 1933.

Eddystone explosion - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddystone_explosion
"On April 10, 1917, four days after the United States declared war on Germany, an explosion at the Eddystone Ammunition Corporation's artillery shell plant in Eddystone, Pennsylvania, killed 139 people.The majority were women and girls who worked in the loading room, loading shells with black powder. 55 of the victims could not be identified and were buried in a mass grave."

Pryor's partner, Samuel Vauclain raised his grand daughter, Constance.

"Mr. Hamilton was raised in Rosemont by his grandfather Samuel M. Vauclain, chairman of the board of Baldwin Locomotive Works."

Godfrey A Rockefeller married Hamilton's sister, Constance.:grandaughter of Vauclain.

Godfrey A. Rockefeller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_A._Rockefeller
Godfrey's first marriage to Constance Hamilton Wallace ended in divorce. He was then married to Margaret "Margo" Kuhn Rockefeller for fifty three years; she ..

Godfrey's father, Godfrey Stillman Rockefeller, Scroll & Key, '22, Yale '23, employed Dwight Owen for 39 years...

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/05/20/world/aide-tells-how-he-and-north-armed-the-contras.html
May 20, 1987 Robert W. Owen, a ''foot soldier'' in the secret operation to help the Nicaraguan rebels, detailed today how he and Lieut. Col. Oliver L. North used the State Department's humanitarian-aid program...

REPORT LINKS EX-SENATE AIDE TO CONTRAS (Published 1986)

www.nytimes.com

....A Congressional investigation into links between the Nicaraguan rebels and the White House has centered on the role played by Robert Owen, a former Senate aide whose business card was found in the wreckage of a downed cargo plane in Nicaragua.

More than a dozen people interviewed by the staff of Senator John Kerry, Democrat of Massachusetts, identified Mr. Owen as a key figure in organizing the supply network for the Nicaraguan rebels, also known as contras, according to Dick McCall, an aide to Senator Kerry..."

Rob Owen's father, Dwight Owen, was a V.P. at Rockefeller's father's holding company in Cranston, RI...

Last edited:
Seems racism is getting a full-throated defense under disguise of equality. Man, Right Wingers really do call piss rain.

Seems racism is getting a full-throated defense under disguise of equality. Man, Right Wingers really do call piss rain.

Please define " racism". Then that is your definition - who's definition do we use? Or is it a sliding scale kind of definition.

Want to call piss rain? Explain how one demographic can freely use the "n" word without recourse but let any other demographic use it and it is deemed hate speech.

Are we going to have Orwellian 1984 equality? All are equal - just some are more equal than others.

In higher education, Jews were particularly resented. By 1919, about 80% of the students at New York's Hunter and City colleges were Jews, and 40% at Columbia. Jews at Harvard tripled to 21% of the freshman class in 1922 from about 7% in 1900. Ivy League Jews won a disproportionate share of academic prizes and election to Phi Beta Kappa but were widely regarded as competitive, eager to excel academically and less interested in extra-curricular activities such as organized sports. Non-Jews accused them of being clannish, socially unskilled and either unwilling or unable to“fit in.”

Wow! This sounds a lot like what is going on with Asian students today.

“The more things change the more they stay the same.”

Please define " racism". Then that is your definition - who's definition do we use? Or is it a sliding scale kind of definition.

Want to call piss rain? Explain how one demographic can freely use the "n" word without recourse but let any other demographic use it and it is deemed hate speech.

Are we going to have Orwellian 1984 equality? All are equal - just some are more equal than others.
Racism should not be hard to understand and easy to identify, but apparently it is for some.

Uh, I guess the idea that chicks can call each other “bitch” without it being sexist while guys can’t escapes those who fail to grasp the item above. No surprise there. But, I totally get why racists want to use the N-word.

Yes, race is a social construct and defined socially, so it is whatever the racist defines it as being. It is not a scientific category. Racists themselves don’t always agree on exactly how they want to define it. Do Jews count as white, like Trump’s son-in-law or now his own daughter? What about eastern Europeans? Italians? Spaniards? Greeks? Blond, blue-eyed Muslims?

Who knows? It is whatever they say it is. What is common to all of them is that they they think it is a real category, however they choose to define it.

How do you think this guy defines it?

Race is not be a real category, but racists are- much like how UFOs are not real, but UFO believers are.

It’s the same reason that’s two siblings can call each other “hey idiot” and it’s funny, but someone else does, and it’s not. But you know that.

If someone on the street just got punched in the face, they’re going to get more attention then someone else was was just standing around. Is it right for the person standing around to be upset now that they’re not getting as much attention and call it discrimination?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom