• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Pelosi and Schumer owe Americans an apology?

Do Pelosi and Schumer owe Americans an apology?

• Total voters

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer spent $25 billion dollars on 700 miles of border barrier, for which they both now claim such border barriers are worthless, immoral and racist. However, they have never apologized for such an immoral and racist action.

They now both just spent $6 billion on a shutdown to block Trump's request for $5.7 billion to repair the 700 mile long Pelosi-Schumer border barrier and start expanding it by less than 300 more miles.

So Pelosi and Schumer spend $25 billion to build a border barrier they now claim is immoral, racist and a total waste and now spent $6 billion more so their border barrier is not maintained - a total of $31 billion for their immoral, racist and worthless barrier - they are both for and against at the same time. They might as well be shoving billions of dollars into a fire as total waste for nothing in return whatsoever.

Don't Pelosi and Schumer own Americans an apology for spending $25 billion on a border barrier and now another $6 billion to assure it wastes away? Spending billions and billions and billions of dollars for for a border barrier and to prevent a border barrier? Don't they at least have to say whether they support or oppose THEIR OWN 700 miles of Southern border barriers?

Multiple choice poll. Public.

Last edited:
Schumer and Pelosi are renting a giant empty loft in your head.

If it's not them, it's AOC. Funny as hell. Someone has to replace your Hillary and Obama demons.

I don't know if Schumer and Pelosi owe anybody an apology because I'm too busy thanking them for holding their ground against Trump using 1.8 million Federal workers and contractors as hostages in future shutdowns. The idea of him shutting down the government for his ****ing wall and for anything else he wants is too horrific to allow.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer spent $25 billion dollars on 700 miles of border barrier, for which they both now claim such border barriers are worthless, immoral and racist. However, they have never apologized for such an immoral and racist action.

They now both just spent $6 billion on a shutdown to block Trump's request for $5.7 billion to repair the 700 mile long Pelosi-Schumer border barrier and start expanding it by less than 300 more miles.

So Pelosi and Schumer spend $25 billion to build a border barrier they now claim is immoral, racist and a total waste and now spent $6 billion more so their border barrier is not maintained - a total of $31 billion for their immoral, racist and worthless barrier - they are both for and against at the same time. They might as well be shoving billions of dollars into a fire as total waste for nothing in return whatsoever.

Don't Pelosi and Schumer own Americans an apology for spending $25 billion on a border barrier and now another $6 billion to assure it wastes away? Spending billions and billions and billions of dollars for for a border barrier and to prevent a border barrier? Don't they at least have to say whether they support or oppose THEIR OWN 700 miles of Southern border barriers?

I chose Other, though I really choose: Yes, it isn't about Southern border barriers, but only about opposing Trump.

Both of them need to apologize to the American People for using them as a weapon, simply because they hate Trump.

Pelosi and Schumer's points seem to have been that border security should not be accompanied by bigoted or scapegoating remarks or symbolic simplistic solutions, especially given the decline in illegal immigration from Mexico and the complex issue of dealing with Central American migrants and asylum. Trump panders to rather than informing his base or, horrors, challenging them. That, in the form of Stephen Miller's influence, is his problem.

"Do Pelosi and Schumer owe Americans an apology?"

No.

I chose Other, though I really choose: Yes, it isn't about Southern border barriers, but only about opposing Trump.

Both of them need to apologize to the American People for using them as a weapon, simply because they hate Trump.

You and the other trump supporters need to apologize to America for supporting trump. Until you do that, who gives a **** what you think?

Hell no. They should take a bow for saving American taxpayers an incredible amount of money by nipping government waste in the bud. This so called wall was the Bridge to No Where meets Trump University: a solution for which there was no known problem.

Meanwhile, the Republican Party owes America an apology for lending their once good name to an incompetent boob that has no business visiting the White House, let alone staying there.

Actually, no apology is really necessary. The one-star review they now get on Yelp will translate to few customers in 2020; likely an even worst shellacking than they took in 2018.

What makes you think Pelosi and Shumer (by the way Shumer is not in control of anything) spent 6 billion on opposing the wall ?? is it because you dont want to blame an ignorant man in control of this country that said he would be responsible for the shutdown on tv . you heard him on TV quit playing dumb. No way in hell you can put a shutdown on pelosi when Trump signed off on it . trump never said american tax payers had to pay for a outdated wall / monument to him and the confederates!!

I don't know if Schumer and Pelosi owe anybody an apology because I'm too busy thanking them for holding their ground against Trump using 1.8 million Federal workers and contractors as hostages in future shutdowns. The idea of him shutting down the government for his ****ing wall and for anything else he wants is too horrific to allow.

Son you are against protecting Americans from illegal criminals and murderers correct?

Hell no. They should take a bow for saving American taxpayers an incredible amount of money by nipping government waste in the bud. This so called wall was the Bridge to No Where meets Trump University: a solution for which there was no known problem.

Meanwhile, the Republican Party owes America an apology for lending their once good name to an incompetent boob that has no business visiting the White House, let alone staying there.

Actually, no apology is really necessary. The one-star review they now get on Yelp will translate to few customers in 2020; likely an even worst shellacking than they took in 2018.

They didn't save $1. They lost $6 billion in return for nothing.

What makes you think Pelosi and Shumer (by the way Shumer is not in control of anything) spent 6 billion on opposing the wall ?? is it because you dont want to blame an ignorant man in control of this country that said he would be responsible for the shutdown on tv . you heard him on TV quit playing dumb. No way in hell you can put a shutdown on pelosi when Trump signed off on it . trump never said american tax payers had to pay for a outdated wall / monument to him and the confederates!!

You meant the "confederate" Pelosi-Schumer wall, don't you?

Son you are against protecting Americans from illegal criminals and murderers correct?

I presume that like me, Cardinal is against Trump's lame excuse for protecting the country. The ex-wall (RIP) was never the solution. The border can be protected and strengthened along the same lines it has always been.

And if one truly believes Trump's fantasy non-wall (RIP) was the best solution, then I'm sure he bears the blame for not getting it started when he had all the power to do so, fresh off his election win, right?

It's time to admit trump himself never believed in it.

So you’re for the enslavement and early deaths of small children, yes?

I think 65% of us owe them both a 'thank you'. I don't know if your statement about them spending 25billion on a border barrier is correct. Do you have a link to your source for that information?

I'm not sure how that happened, given that it was Trump that shut down the government...and plead guilty to that act.

BTW.... so you get your math right, a $6B impact on GDP would translate to a $1B loss of tax revenue. Spending $1B to protect $6B is still a good deal for the government.....and, so you get your facts right, it appears the government shut down cost the US economy $11B, so that is $1.98B in lost tax revenue... still beats a $5.7B needless spend.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/government-shutdown-cost-the-economy-11-billion-cbo.html

Take a bow Chuck and Nancy. Ya done good!

BTW are you really continuing to run with this lame argument that the Border Fence Act of 2006 and the issues of that time are somewhat relatable to what we are dealing with now? Really? You watch too much Fox.

Last edited:

Thanks to Trumps LIES and temper tantrum, $6 billion was lost. Get it right con.

If you're pushing a wall instead of demanding the enforcement of the existing laws against employing illegals.then you are against protecting those Americans. For years.

Enforcement could begin tomorrow. Who knows how long any barrier would take or how effective it would be.

I presume that like me, Cardinal is against Trump's lame excuse for protecting the country. The ex-wall (RIP) was never the solution. The border can be protected and strengthened along the same lines it has always been.

And if one truly believes Trump's fantasy non-wall (RIP) was the best solution, then I'm sure he bears the blame for not getting it started when he had all the power to do so, fresh off his election win, right?

It's time to admit trump himself never believed in it.
yeah because yourbbn protection has been working wonders...derp!

I think 65% of us owe them both a 'thank you'. I don't know if your statement about them spending 25billion on a border barrier is correct. Do you have a link to your source for that information?

It was offered at one time, that's all and trump turned it down.

Do you have a source for the claim that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer personally caused the country to spend money on this fence?

You may be right, I really don't care because I hate Pelosi and Schumer. But either way, if you're going to make a claim --at least leave a link to the source. It's just poor argumentation to do otherwise.

It was offered at one time, that's all and trump turned it down.

Yes that's what I was aware of, not that they 'spent' 25 billion. That's how badly he wants to kick out the Dreamers, he turned down all he asked for.. DUMBASS

Last edited:
Do you have a source for the claim that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer personally caused the country to spend money on this fence?

You may be right, I really don't care because I hate Pelosi and Schumer. But either way, if you're going to make a claim --at least leave a link to the source. It's just poor argumentation to do otherwise.

While generally you make a good point, when something has been discussed so much it appears common knowledge (ie not disputed) looking up links seems wasted effort. Whether it was exactly $25 billion or how hard the both promoted the legislation in addition to voting for it doesn't seem decisive on the topic. They voted for it. It cost a lot of money for 700 miles of major steel fencing.

li
Don't Pelosi and Schumer own Americans an apology

This reminds me of how Republicans spent most of Obama's presidency flipping out about the deficit despite the fact that they caused it, and Obama was fixing it. Then the second they had the white house the immediately jacked up the deficit.

The difference being of course that Republicans were bold-faced lying then and they are again. Democrats just learned that the real problem had to do with an overall ****ty immigration system not with undocumented immigrants themselves.

I think they should give a explanation

Back
Top Bottom