• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Pelosi and Schumer owe Americans an apology?

Do Pelosi and Schumer owe Americans an apology?

• Total voters
The Pelosi/Schumer pact is a political fight to try to prevent President Trump from gaining a victory and thus improving his chances at reelection. Pelosi/Schumer and other dems have voted numerous times for money for a barrier, wall, fence call it whatever. In California, Ms Pelosi's state, they have a large section of wall at the border that works well but Nancy doesn't want a wall for other places. The keep saying ask the experts what we need but they do not go ask them. The Border Patrol Agents, the ICE officers all say a wall helps to slow the illegal immigration to a much more managable level. It helps allow officers to show up where the illegal crossing is taking place, it allows officers to concentrate their work at Ports of Entry and then travel in time to areas along the border to prevent a crossing by adding technology to the plan. It's politics. She is worried about the radical left in her party who gave her the votes to be Speaker and now she has to keep them happy. The democratic party is leaning far left and it will be to the detriment of our nation in the long run.

yeah because yourbbn protection has been working wonders...derp!

Border apprehensions in 2017 down more than 80% per year compared to 20 years ago. "Working wonders" seems to be the perfect description. Unless you don't find The United States Border Patrol to be an authority on the subject?

derp

Last edited:
Im sure the families of these people are comforted by your stats.
Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial
Seems the attackers of the people above werent apprehended in time. But its ok cuz its not someone you know right?

So you think a wall would take that 80% to 100%?

Appealing to emotion is a dangerous precedent to set if you are pro second amendment, yes?

Put up more border wall/barrier in strategic locations, and more agents and technololgy in the form of cameras, sensors and drones to aid in locating and apprehending those who try to cross illegally and who bring both illegal aliens and drugs into our country. I don't understand how you can like the President so much you are willing to harm the overall health of the nation.

So you think a wall would take that 80% to 100%?

Appealing to emotion is a dangerous precedent to set if you are pro second amendment, yes?
Depends how well the wall is built and who is watching it. Walls are nearly 100% effective everywhere. Do you have a lock on your front door?

They have been for a wall in the pat but oppose it since Trump was elected. It's all politics. Nancy has a nice wall around her Napa Valley estate.

Depends how well the wall is built and who is watching it. Walls are nearly 100% effective everywhere. Do you have a lock on your front door?

Yep. It has so far been 100% effective at protecting me from crimes of opportunity, knock on wood. I assume that anyone walking by who has tried my door looking for an easy robbery moved on to try another house when they found mine locked. I know for a fact that it would be 0% effective at protecting me from someone intentionally targeting my house for burglary. I know this because if I were a burglar with the specific intention of entering my house, a lock would not even slow me down. Do you agree with that reasoning?

People crossing the southern border of America are not wandering criminals looking for an easy score. They are burglars planning on entering one particular country. A wall will not cause them to 'try the next country.' When someone is planning on entering a country, a wall will stop them about as effectively as the lock on my front door would stop a determined burglar. It would be exactly 0% effective, unless the burglar is a small child.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer spent $25 billion dollars on 700 miles of border barrier, for which they both now claim such border barriers are worthless, immoral and racist. However, they have never apologized for such an immoral and racist action.

They now both just spent $6 billion on a shutdown to block Trump's request for $5.7 billion to repair the 700 mile long Pelosi-Schumer border barrier and start expanding it by less than 300 more miles.

So Pelosi and Schumer spend $25 billion to build a border barrier they now claim is immoral, racist and a total waste and now spent $6 billion more so their border barrier is not maintained - a total of $31 billion for their immoral, racist and worthless barrier - they are both for and against at the same time. They might as well be shoving billions of dollars into a fire as total waste for nothing in return whatsoever.

Don't Pelosi and Schumer own Americans an apology for spending $25 billion on a border barrier and now another $6 billion to assure it wastes away? Spending billions and billions and billions of dollars for for a border barrier and to prevent a border barrier? Don't they at least have to say whether they support or oppose THEIR OWN 700 miles of Southern border barriers?

Multiple choice poll. Public.

What a painfully stupid and worthless post, as usual.

If you create a poll at least have the integrity to provide options that are not slanted towards your own bias.

So just "let em in"? All the pieces of border security together will help to prevent illegals from getting into the country. If they want to come that bad, file the papers and do what legal immigrants do. Just ignoring the problem is not an answer. Walls, agents and technology will help keep it to a minimum.

While generally you make a good point, when something has been discussed so much it appears common knowledge (ie not disputed) looking up links seems wasted effort. Whether it was exactly $25 billion or how hard the both promoted the legislation in addition to voting for it doesn't seem decisive on the topic. They voted for it. It cost a lot of money for 700 miles of major steel fencing.

So in other words, no, you can't even link me to an article that shows how they voted --let alone a statement on why they voted for it. Once again, you're probably right, but until you bother to furnish me with a document substantiating your claim, there's nothing to discuss here.

I chose Other, though I really choose: Yes, it isn't about Southern border barriers, but only about opposing Trump.

Both of them need to apologize to the American People for using them as a weapon, simply because they hate Trump.

I couldn't have said it better.

I chose Other, though I really choose: Yes, it isn't about Southern border barriers, but only about opposing Trump.

Both of them need to apologize to the American People for using them as a weapon, simply because they hate Trump.

Perhaps there was a reason that choice "Yes, it isn't about Southern border barriers, but only about opposing Trump" wasn't made available.

Son you are against protecting Americans from illegal criminals and murderers correct?

that is one hilarious statement from a blind and brainwashed trump supporter.

Why suddenly since Trump campaigned on his wall has the mexican border become such a threat to America. It has always been there. We haven't been invaded since the Alamo.

American employers are more than happy to give our neighbors to the South jobs. All they have to do is get here.

Fact is the Mexican border is no more of a threat than the Canadian border or the coastline of Florida or any number of routes into the country.

The drugs are coming through commercial ports of entry and the terrorist come on commercial airlines.

Trump and his followers are the only ones who see this great threat.

that is one hilarious statement from a blind and brainwashed trump supporter.

Why suddenly since Trump campaigned on his wall has the mexican border become such a threat to America. It has always been there. We haven't been invaded since the Alamo.

American employers are more than happy to give our neighbors to the South jobs. All they have to do is get here.

Fact is the Mexican border is no more of a threat than the Canadian border or the coastline of Florida or any number of routes into the country.

The drugs are coming through commercial ports of entry and the terrorist come on commercial airlines.

Trump and his followers are the only ones who see this great threat.

noo of course the canadian border is more of a threat than our southern border. Guess you missed the drug bust recently eh? You know...the one where they intercepted enough fentanyl to kill half the entire viewing audience of the superbowl. Lefty b like...its safe...derpity derp deerrrp duuuu.....
Thanks for demonstrating that TDS is a mother ****er.

noo of course the canadian border is more of a threat than our southern border. Guess you missed the drug bust recently eh? You know...the one where they intercepted enough fentanyl to kill half the entire viewing audience of the superbowl. Lefty b like...its safe...derpity derp deerrrp duuuu.....
Thanks for demonstrating that TDS is a mother ****er.

and exactly where was that bust made? why it was a commercial carrier going through a border checkpoint. no wall would stop that. now i believe the democrat's proposal for border security calls for upgrading our border checkpoints with more equipment and manpower. obviously where it is needed.

It is very obvious that Pelosi and Schumer are not going to give Trump any money for wall/barriers where the experts say they are needed because they don't want him to have a political win at the expense of the American people.

But I read something today that Trump does have something more than just declaring a national emergency that would end up in the courts five minutes after he made such a declaration.

Apparently there's a section of law that would permit President Trump to construct roads and fences “to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries of the United States.

"[Trump’s] authority is even stronger in the field of combating drug smuggling, even without the declared health crisis. 10 U.S.C. § Section 284 allows the secretary of defense, upon request from federal or state law enforcement dealing with drug trafficking, and in conjunction with the secretary of state, to “provide support for the counterdrug activities or activities to counter transnational organized crime.” Subsection b(7) allows the DOD to provide help in the form of “construction of roads and fences and installation of lighting to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries of the United States.”
This is not some parsimonious loophole for an excuse to build a wall. This is the whole enchilada, folks. The main reason we need a wall is to combat the smugglers and the cartels who use the migration to bring in their contraband and dangerous criminals. Last October, the DOJ designated MS-13, Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion (CJNG), Sinaloa Cartel, and Clan del Golfo as transnational crime organizations (TCOs)."

https://www.conservativereview.com/...an-build-the-wall-without-national-emergency/

Perhaps there was a reason that choice "Yes, it isn't about Southern border barriers, but only about opposing Trump" wasn't made available.

Perhaps.

Perhaps you should ask the OP about that.

Nancy and Chuck (especially Nancy) do not even know what an "apology" is.

They are truly individuals of privilege. (When she flies, for example, it is never with (the) hoi polloi.)

They have never had to apologize to anyone for anything.

and exactly where was that bust made? why it was a commercial carrier going through a border checkpoint. no wall would stop that. now i believe the democrat's proposal for border security calls for upgrading our border checkpoints with more equipment and manpower. obviously where it is needed.

Was that on the canadian border or southern boder?
Deeerrrrpppp!

Apologies? The person who wrote this dishonest poll owes an apology to the rest of the members for wasting our time on such biased nonsense.

Trump owned this shutdown by his own admission. Nothing any Trumpkin can say now changes that.

And Trump is not getting his precious wall. And nothing said here changes that either.

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." - Senator McConnell

Thus did McConnell owe the American people an apology?

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." - Senator McConnell

Thus did McConnell owe the American people an apology?

For his failure? Sure.

Back
Top Bottom