• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do not ask Trump to do what you refuse to do

What was he to use...ANYWHERE BUT THE PEOPLES HOUSE.

The financial disclosures are not adequate OBVIOUSLY!

A great fireworks display....typical....The President and governance generally judged for its entertainment value.

I know presidents have always used the White house for many things. Many even have entertainment inside the place. And you never objected when it was Obama.

Trump is the president. And as such, has far more right to be there conducting business than you do, Mr. People. Take possession of your house if you can.

I don't know what comes into your mind when u asked for full income tax return ?

We are here to see what a President can do for the country. I don't know why you are very fond of private issues from others ?
U matured yet ?

-5/2014 ""If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."
- 2/2016 ""Tax experts throughout the media agree that no sane person would give their tax returns during an audit," he said. "After the audit, no problem!""-
All the things Donald Trump and his team have said about releasing his tax returns

While there is no law requiring him to do so and has stated as much. Then why did he say in 2014 he would. Especially since he uses the excuse has been in continuous audits for more than 10 years. Pretty much lying to the American people.

As far as why should a President release the tax returns, Wouldn't you want to know if that person is beholding to some government or non citizen in another country?
Something that the average person does not need to worry about being involved in.

Look, this is my professional view only. You do not need to share my professional view.

The income tax return is a poor way to study presidents. It lacks enough disclosure which has to be why per law they must submit to the authorities the full financial disclosures. Those have tons of salient data.

I found Obama's 2015 return and you can study his to see if you can spot trouble. I spotted a few things as a professional.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/images/Blog/Obamas 2015 Taxes.pdf

I know presidents have always used the White house for many things. Many even have entertainment inside the place. And you never objected when it was Obama.

Trump is the president. And as such, has far more right to be there conducting business than you do, Mr. People. Take possession of your house if you can.

Deeply disturbing False equivalency. Your post is not worth more of a response than that.

Look, no matter, Trump has no duty to produce returns. And I did something I doubt you did, I studied his financial disclosures to the campaign managers.

Did you find anything amiss in the Trump financial disclosures?

It depends if you believe a guy running for president should keep his promise to be more transparent or not. No I did not study his financial disclosures but then I never do.

It depends if you believe a guy running for president should keep his promise to be more transparent or not. No I did not study his financial disclosures but then I never do.

Frankly had you studied his financial disclosures, you would have to conclude reading his super long income tax returns a total waste of time.

I just studied the Obama 2015 returns and noted he earned money from foreign sources. Should that be a problem? Oh where he was to identify the country, he put down "countries."

I suppose if you value promises made to a person on TV, sure.

Look, like it or not, we do not have the Trump tax returns. Did we actually lose a thing?

Deeply disturbing False equivalency. Your post is not worth more of a response than that.

No, you are confusing as hell. no idea why you said false equivalency.

No, you are confusing as hell. no idea why you said false equivalency.

A political party convention is THE MOST PARTISAN POLITICAL event in American Politics. If you don't know that, go get educated. You really should he posting somewhere other than a forum titled Debate Politics. NOTHING, NO Obama event got close to what this fiasco was tonight for abuse of the The Peoples House as a partisan political prop.

A political party convention is THE MOST PARTISAN POLITICAL event in American Politics. If you don't know that, go get educated. You really should he posting somewhere other than a forum titled Debate Politics. NOTHING, NO Obama event got close to what this fiasco was tonight for abuse of the The Peoples House as a partisan political prop.

Had Obama did that, you would love it.

We have a deadly virus in case you forgot.

And the White house is used by presidents for many many things the presidents happen to like and enjoy as well.

Show me the law saying presidents can't have rallies at the White house and I will concede you are correct.

Do not show the law and you will suffer in disgrace.

That is no answer to your claim of false equivalence.

The dumbest thread ever.

Hey!

Robert is better than us, all of us, especially you, woman!

He "knows" this,, you know this, everyone within miles knows this; it goes without saying, but should be said anyway. Anyone sir Robert graces with his wisdom and knowledge knows and is grateful for this! Show him the respect he most righteously says he deserves!

You are a NASTY woman, you need to learn your place, and some grace, dignity and manners! Is that clear now little lady?!?[/Trumapnzee Mode]

Just kiddin' ;)

Except the tax return is not required by law. A financial statement is and it's lengthy.
No one is saying it is required by law. It is something that has become traditional and that he said he would release.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The difference between me and Trump is that I never once promised to make my tax returns public and he did. So I am not asking anything other than for Trump to keep his word.

I think there are additional differences.

The whining over tax returns has come back again.

Advice.

Do not seek Trump do that you won't do.

If you want to look honest, post for all of us your full income tax returns.

If it is wrong for you to post yours, it is wrong for Trump to post his.

I handled the public tax returns in the Mortgage business. Each of you that got home loans submitted your income statements to get the loans. And under penalty of perjury, you turned them in. But that was only because you were making financial statements to get a loan.

The loan guy, me in the past, were severely under a duty to the customer not to disclose or discuss his tax returns to others.

But if a sitting judge on our fed bench told you to, you would, correct?

That is no answer to your claim of false equivalence.

Yea I did.

So now not only do you apparently not know that a Party Political Convention is the most partisan event in American Politics, you don't know what false equivalency is.

Keep it up...we might finally find out that you have no earthly idea where you are.

Last edited:
There are laws on the books prohibiting the discrimination vs buyers of property.
Oh, you mean, like the laws Trump violated when he discriminated against black renters in the early 70s?

I'm not saying that Trump should have refused to sell properties to foreigners before he got into office. That's fine. Before taking office, selling $100 million of real estate to elite Russians in Florida is fine, even though many those individuals almost certainly have close ties to Putin. The problem is that he didn't divest himself of his businesses, which could potentially result in a conflict of interest in his management of the foreign policy of the United States. And, of course, he deliberately tried to deceive the public when he claimed he didn't have any business deals with Russians, when he had huge deals with Russian nationals. (And, of course, he tried to hide his repeated attempts to build in Moscow, including at the time that he swore up and down that he didn't have any business ties to Russia....)

I might further add that even without seeing his tax returns, we know that he has allowed his business interests to interfere with foreign affairs numerous times, including with his golf course in Scotland, and trying to steer future international conferences to his own businesses.

And nothing you said proves Trump is a liar.
LOL

Aside from the fact that he lies, in public, up to a dozen times a day, often about substantial issues: Yes, telling tax authorities and loan issuers completely different values for the exact same building in the same year is lying in order to commit an act of fraud.

So thanks again for the opportunity to point out that Trump is a liar and engages in criminal fraud and is trying to hide conflicts of interest with foreign buyers.

But if a sitting judge on our fed bench told you to, you would, correct?

As long as it was a Trump® or otherwise properly GOP appointed Judge, with no ethnic impurities that might bias him. (Women can only be Judges on TV court shows).

Jeez, don't you understand that he's better than other people right off the top? Now apologize and thank him for being better than all of us!

Look, this is my professional view only. You do not need to share my professional view.

The income tax return is a poor way to study presidents. It lacks enough disclosure which has to be why per law they must submit to the authorities the full financial disclosures. Those have tons of salient data.

I found Obama's 2015 return and you can study his to see if you can spot trouble. I spotted a few things as a professional.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/images/Blog/Obamas 2015 Taxes.pdf

I understand your point of view. I rarely look at a President's tax return. I might read an article written about the persons finance.

My point is Trump lied. He said he would release them when he was running. Then it is one excuse after another. I know he has not broken any laws. Just his word.

I understand your point of view. I rarely look at a President's tax return. I might read an article written about the persons finance.

My point is Trump lied. He said he would release them when he was running. Then it is one excuse after another. I know he has not broken any laws. Just his word.

Abe Lincoln also broke his word.

Dig deep and you can locate it happens often with presidents.

Woodrow Wilson promise not to go to war. Far worse than tax returns.

If you like your doctor, you get to keep your doctor. A lot of people truly hated that lie.

Abe Lincoln also broke his word.

Dig deep and you can locate it happens often with presidents.

Woodrow Wilson promise not to go to war. Far worse than tax returns.

If you like your doctor, you get to keep your doctor. A lot of people truly hated that lie.

Trump is no Abe Lincoln. though I image he would like to think he is.:mrgreen:

I agree politicians break their word at some time. The difference for me is the number of times President Trump lies or what he says it not entirely true. Bottom line I am not a fan. Not a big fan of Biden either.

Oh, you mean, like the laws Trump violated when he discriminated against black renters in the early 70s?

I'm not saying that Trump should have refused to sell properties to foreigners before he got into office. That's fine. Before taking office, selling $100 million of real estate to elite Russians in Florida is fine, even though many those individuals almost certainly have close ties to Putin. The problem is that he didn't divest himself of his businesses, which could potentially result in a conflict of interest in his management of the foreign policy of the United States. And, of course, he deliberately tried to deceive the public when he claimed he didn't have any business deals with Russians, when he had huge deals with Russian nationals. (And, of course, he tried to hide his repeated attempts to build in Moscow, including at the time that he swore up and down that he didn't have any business ties to Russia....)

I might further add that even without seeing his tax returns, we know that he has allowed his business interests to interfere with foreign affairs numerous times, including with his golf course in Scotland, and trying to steer future international conferences to his own businesses.

LOL

Aside from the fact that he lies, in public, up to a dozen times a day, often about substantial issues: Yes, telling tax authorities and loan issuers completely different values for the exact same building in the same year is lying in order to commit an act of fraud.

So thanks again for the opportunity to point out that Trump is a liar and engages in criminal fraud and is trying to hide conflicts of interest with foreign buyers.

The case had nothing to do with Russians.

From your own link:

Trump responded to Clinton by emphasizing that the case was settled with no admission of guilt.

Trump is no Abe Lincoln. though I image he would like to think he is.:mrgreen:

I agree politicians break their word at some time. The difference for me is the number of times President Trump lies or what he says it not entirely true. Bottom line I am not a fan. Not a big fan of Biden either.

Yes though Biden has lied many times, I noticed you did not examine his lies.

Yea I did.

So now not only do you apparently not know that a Party Political Convention is the most partisan event in American Politics, you don't know what false equivalency is.

Keep it up...we might finally find out that you have no earthly idea where you are.

Funny but even above you do not explain false equivalency in context of my comments. If you know, why can't you explain?

Back
Top Bottom