• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Men Have a Right to Use Female Dressing Rooms / Bathrooms?

Do Men Have a Right to Use Female Dressing Rooms / Bathrooms?

• Total voters
You did no such thing.

You wish to allow men inside women's facilities but conservatives are the one's making the mistake.

Allowing men into women's facilities (restrooms, locker rooms, etc.) is most certainly relevant.

Like the women who are competing against those men?

You don't appear to be connecting the dots. Once you let trans-women into locker rooms you allow all men into locker rooms. All a predator needs to do is claim "trans" status (for lack of a better term) and they're in.

And that would be in addition to this.

See above.

It seems that it is you who does not connect the dots. . There are transgender who went from men to women and the opposite. So, it is always about ttransgenders and not about men and transgenders. A predator can attack a woman in any situation. It is not the social norms about bathrooms that will deter a rapist. I can find rapes of women attacked by men in bathrooms too!

It seems that it is you who does not connect the dots. . There are transgender who went from men to women and the opposite. So, it is always about ttransgenders and not about men and transgenders.
Respectfully, I am far less worried about women in men's rooms than vice-versa. The post you are referring to deals with predators.

Respectfully, I am far less worried about women in men's rooms than vice-versa. The post you are referring to deals with predators.

Again, bathroom rules are not deterrence for rapists. You can find men attacking women in women bathroom too!

A Mississippi man allegedly attacked, robbed and raped an Oklahoma woman in a public restroom at a high-end outlet mall Monday, according to investigators.

Police said Andrew Malik Jones, 28, was hiding inside the restroom at Gulfport Premium Outlets around 6:45 p.m. when the victim walked in.

Again, bathroom rules are not deterrence for rapists. You can find men attacking women in women bathroom too!
Which was my point.

A Mississippi man allegedly attacked, robbed and raped an Oklahoma woman in a public restroom at a high-end outlet mall Monday, according to investigators.
See why allowing men in a women's restroom is a stupid idea?
Police said Andrew Malik Jones, 28, was hiding inside the restroom at Gulfport Premium Outlets around 6:45 p.m. when the victim walked in.
Exactly!

Which was my point.

Exactly!

You do to make sense!

We do not let in Mississippi men in women room in public spaces!

You have no point!

You do to make sense!

We do not let in Mississippi men in women room in public spaces!

You have no point!
I do "make sense" but I have "no point"...

...don't really know where to go from here...

I do "make sense" but I have "no point"...

...don't really know where to go from here...

I notice that you make claims about you having a point while you cannot refute my evidence which shows that despite the fact that in Mississippi we do not let men use women bathrooms, we still have rapes of women by men in public bathrooms . As I said, a rapist is not deterred by such bathroom rules.

I remember that when i went to school swim team and when i was in locker rooms i would often see other guys naked showering.
I was on the swim team and never had to see anyone naked. We had curtains on our showers, individual showers, and curtained off changing areas if we wanted some privacy.

If e already answered and commented on this thread but thought I would share something that happened since then.

A rep was in our store to do an order and was waiting outside the men’s room as he’d to take a leak.

Unable to hold it, he promptly knocked on the ladies room door and then went in.

When he came out he gave me a sheepish smile and said, “When you gotta go, you gotta go.”

My point being that men don’t need the excuse to call themselves trans or whatever to enter a ladies room. They just will, justifiably or not.

Which was my point.

Exactly!
It's Mississippi. That man wasn't allowed in the restroom at all. He broke the law to enter and no one noticed because....the bathroom was isolated. It had nothing to do with whether people were kicked out for appearing masculine. That's the thing. People are not assaulting women/children in public restrooms simply because they are "allowed in". They are doing it when and because there are not enough people using those restrooms where it happens to cause a threat to them. If they feared getting caught at all, because anyone else may come into the restroom, then they wouldn't do it. They either don't have that fear because they've staked out the restroom and seen how few use it or they don't care at all, which means they wouldn't care about the law either telling them "if you look too masculine, don't come into this restroom".

Back
Top Bottom